6

Perfectly Imperfect

 

Suzy walked outside only to find Krystal’s red Volvo parked right in front of their house.

“What now?” Suzy asked placing one of her hands on her hips.

Krystal got out of her car. Without saying a word she walked towards the door and just passed by Suzy as if she’s a statue, Krystal opened the door and got in Suzy had no idea of about the crazy stuff that she’s planning.

“Dad!” Krystal called out.

“Yes?” Suzy’s dad seemed shocked to see an unknown teenager in front of him.

“Do I know you by any chance?” He asked.

“Ah, Sorry about that, Dad, My name is Krystal Jung, Suzy and I are like best friends and I’ll just take her with me at the airport if that’s ok with you” She said in one full sentence and sighed.

“Best friend? Airport? And did you just called me Dad twice? ”

“Oh yeah I just did, you’re Suzy’s dad and we’re like sisters and that makes you my dad too, well more like the other father and if you don’t mind, Daddy we’ll be going now, bye!” She waved goodbye and dragged Suzy towards the car.

“What was that?” She asked.

“What? The going inside your house thing? I just asked for your Dad’s permission” Krystal answered as she turned the radio on and the music was so loud that it could ruin someone’s cochlea. It was annoying; Suzy had the least idea about what’s happening. A few seconds ago she was writing a journal entry then a red Volvo appears in front of her house the a “friend” hops off ,comes inside her house then comes out with an I’m-planning-something-crazy smile and now they’re driving towards who knows where.

“What’s in the paper bag?” Krystal asks but because of the loud music she can’t hear the question.

“What?” Krystal turned the radio off.

“I SAID WHAT’S IN THE PAPER BAG!!!!???!!!!!”

“Oh the bag~” Suzy managed to say before she realized that she was still carrying the paper bag.

She almost hit her head when Krystal stepped on the brake pedal.

“What was that for?” Suzy asked while patting her own head.

Krystal snatched the paper bag from Suzy, took the box and opened it.

“Oh how sweet, you got yourself a suitor, are these rhododendron? Even though putting flowers on a box is stupid, they look nice.” Krystal noticed an envelope.

“The moron even included a letter, do you mind if I read this for you” She asked but doesn’t let Suzy answer because she already opened the letter.

 

Dear Suzy,

            I hope you still remember me. How have you been? Well, actually I don’t know why I’m asking you that since I get to see you watch you every day. What do you think of Seoul so far? Do you like it? Well at first I don’t but know that I get to see you every day I think I’m gonna love living here. How come you never changed the color of your hair like most people in Seoul do, anyway I like your hair long and black just like before. I like how your face looks innocent. I like watching you taking the 4th bus on your way home from work, why do you always sit at the back? I’d stop writing right now, I just want you to know that You’re never alone.

_________________________