10

Perfectly Imperfect

 

 

The non-stop alarm woke Suzy up.  It’s been a month or two after she lost consciousness on the rooftop; it only made her curious about what she saw a month ago. It was Sunday and there shouldn't have been a letter in the mailbox but there was. No name, No return Address, just a white envelope and a printed letter saying.

Dear Suzy,

Grief is a thing we have in common but it looks different on everyone.

There are 5 stages of grief

1. Denial

We both know you feel empty and that you that you’re only hiding your true feelings with a smile.

We both know that you hate being in Seoul.

We both know that you love flowers,

We both know a lot about you, but what you don’t know is that you’ve lived most of your life believing in lies.

0010001111000000111001111101000000000010001010110101001001011011000101000000100

101110000000100001001100110000001101010010010110011.

_____________________________

“Binary Code” Suzy let out  long sigh before she got up from her sea and grabbed a penand a piece of blank paper, she wrote :

00000

00001

00010

00011

And she started decoding. After a few minutes.

“Do Not Believe in His Lies” She read out loud what she got from the code.

She examined the letter again, this time reading it out loud.

“We both know you feel empty and that you that you’re only hiding your true feelings with a smile.”

“This isn’t true, well, maybe.” She commented with a frown.

“We both know that you hate being in Seoul.”

“Yes, but that was before” She was reading what the Stalker said and continued giving side comments.

“We both know that you love flowers”

“This one is true.”

“We both know a lot about you, but what you don’t know is that you’ve lived most of your life believing in lies.”

“I don’t get this one.” She told herself as a picture fell off the envelope. The moment she picked it up, she felt the same feeling she had when Kai handed her the Tulips.

Her eyes widened and jaw almost dropped when she saw the picture. It was the sight she saw before she lost consciousness on the school’s rooftop. It was a picture of someone who looked like her when she was a child, the little girl was holding onto someone but the taller guy’s face cannot be seen clearly because the photo is too old.

“Suzy, breakfast is—” Her Dad rushed in her room only to find her looking at an old photo.

“What are you looking at?” Her dad asked. His voice sounded nervous and worried at the same time.

She turned around to face her Dad.

“Who’s this guy? Why am I holding onto him?” She asked, showing the picture to her Dad.

No answers. The next thing she knew, her dad raised his hand and slapped her across the face which made her fall on her knees.

Feeling the cold floor she asked

“Why won’t you answer me!?”

“Why won’t are you keeping secrets from me?  You promised me.” She was now crying.

“You promised me that you would not keep secrets from me.” She said, in between sobs.

“We’re done talking” Her dad said closing the door to her room.

The stalker was right she felt empty but this time she can’t even hide it with a smile.

She wondered.

“Who was the guy from the photo?”

“What’s his relationship to dad and me?”

“What more can dad be hiding from me?”

Then she remembered the note it says, “We both know a lot about you, but what you don’t know is that you’ve lived most of your life believing in lies.”

Could this be part of what the stalker means? She thought.

“Is this what he means by DENIAL?”

 

________________________________

 

too short right? 

BTW im thinking of writing a MyungZy fanfic~ what do you think??