Final

Perfectly Imperfect

 

Suzy woke up with a smile in her face. “This day is so perfect” She thought as she opened her eyes.

Most of her days lately were perfectly fine and there were times when she’d say what more could I ask for?

She got up and browsed on her diary, she smiled upon seeing the first entry;

Dear You,

                Today I decided to write and that is a good thing because I love writing and dislike it at the same time. Well, the only reason why that is because I’m so annoyed with my hand writing which literally .

You might wonder why I’m writing this. Maybe because I have this thought that you’ll listen and understand or maybe because they said writing journals is good and that makes you good. I’ll leave all the thinking to you but either way I’d like to remain anonymous to you for some personal reasons.

                I don’t know where to start. Oh and sorry if I write the same way as I speak, I’m  always like that and I can’t help it. Today is the first day of summer vacation so I think I’ll be writing a lot to you but maybe not, I’m still confused. I’m always like that, I always procrastinate, and I mean once it started it never stopped. OH and sorry if I write a lot about nonsense things, I live with my dad; just my dad and we don’t really talk that much so I guess I’ll be telling you everything. Wait, Have I told you that Dad and I will be living here in Seoul like FOREVER? If I haven’t well then that’s it, Dad and I will be living here. I’m a little disappointed when dad told me last week because I hate life in here if you only know.

                I hated going here in the first place, if given a chance I would’ve stayed in the province and breathe in fresh air but to be me I had no choice. First days were supposed to be fun and nice, well it is except for everything was fake. I mean people would talk to you and then talk about you behind your back; I’ve been living as if I’m the only one listening to the teacher and that is until the school year ended.  And take note, I used to love going to school in our province but here, NO WAY! I hate school, I get bullied physically and verbally because I’m a newbie and I get high grades (that’s because like what I told you I’m the only one who pays attention in class) I told Dad about this bullying thing but he said I should just be friendly and then they’ll get used to it and that people here are nice even if they’re really not. In the end Dad did believe that I was bullied only 2 weeks ago when some es  girls tried to bully bullied me and broke my Violin to pieces. I didn't know what happened next, I just woke up in the hospital and the doctor was talking to my dad and I had lots of bruises all over my hands and when we got home dad told me that I almost killed but I didn't get him cause it's more like I almost got killed and now I'd have to stop writing because now I miss my violin and it makes me feel sad. Until next time friend.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Suzy (수지)

 

Upon reading the other entries tears almost fell from laughing.

Oh, how she hated Seoul and everything about it but the latest entries were really unbelievable.

Dear You,

                Have I told you that life in Seoul is not really that bad? If I haven’t then well, that’s it.

After being here for a while I realized that I was wrong about everything. I wasn’t looking at the bright side.

I think I belong here.

This is where I met my true friends, this is the place where I first tasted the magical brownie, this is the place where I got stoned, this is the place where I first worked, this is where I got my first ever stalker, the place where I wrote the first entry of this journal, this is the place where I met my first boyfriend. Lots of things happened here and I think I’m a completely different person if Dad didn’t choose Seoul, but he did and it’s just great. The funny thing is that I   never thought I’d like it here, I mean not this much, It’s just that it’s the perfect place for a perfectly imperfect person like me.

 

                                                                                                                               Suzy (수지)

 

 

“Perfectly Imperfect.” Suzy read again, this time she read it out loud.

“Where did I get this weird phrase?” She asked her alter ego who can’t seem to answer her own question.

Her phone vibrates rapidly. It’s a phone call from Minho Choi.

“Hello, Min—“

“Suzy-ssi, this is Krystal. You have to g--. Just get out of your house.” She was panting.

Suzy quickly wore her slippers and started pacing back and forth.

“What I don’t get you? Where are you?” She asks.

“Kai, he,” Krystal was having a hard time speaking.

“Yah, What are you talking about?” She asks again, this time a little more confused.

“Kai, he’s schizophrenic, don’t let—don’t.” A gun shot and Krystal stopped talking.

How Suzy wished this is one of their practical jokes but the thing is what if it’s not?

She kept on pacing back and forth, hands and knees both shaking.

She’s alone in the house, this .

“Where are the people when you needed them most?”

 

Her heart was pounding but this time it’s because of fear.

She swear she could hear her heart beat out loud.

Someone knocks on the door.

Her heart pounds a little louder than the last time.

She was arguing with her alter ego whether to open the door or not.

Not seconds after she found herself gripping in the door knob, twisting it open.

“Hello!” Kai greets her with a gun pointed at her head.

Suzy gasps as she backs off.

“K—Kai”

Kai looks at his left side.

“Shut up, I know what to do!” He shouts but no one was there.

“Kai, I wasn’t talk—“he then faced her.

“Shut up I wasn’t talking to you!” He shouts at her.

She almost forgot, Krystal said he was schizophrenic.

“Kai, don’t listen to him, he’s not real, he’s just an illusion” Suzy says, trying to calm him down.

“Shut up!” was his reply.

Then Suzy sees it, blood on Kai’s shirt.

“Kai, what happened to them? You didn’t hurt them, did you?” She asks.

“I SAID SHUT UP!” A gun shot was heard.

A hand grips on Suzy’s shoulder, it was her dad.

“Suzy-ssi, we’re here now” He says, his eyes locked on the road.

Suzy stretches out her arms, everything was just a dream

She looked down and found a book resting in her lap.

“Perfectly Imperfect by Kim Kai.”

She rolls down the window and stretches out her hand.

“We landed in the only place peaceful enough for my soul.” Those were the last words from the book.

“This is just the beginning of her own story.” She thought as she grabbed a pen and started writing on her new journal as she once again glanced at the beautiful scenery of Seoul.

_______________

Sorry if the ending . Thank you  so much for reading :3