18

Perfectly Imperfect

 

The cold wind blew against Suzy’s pale skin. She could feel the goose bumps underneath her oversized shirt. She clutched onto the pocket of her short jeans and took a very deep breath, inhaling the scent of his heavy perfume and wondering where she had smelled the same perfume before.

She stared at him and his fake blue eyes, and she swore there was something about those pair of eyes with or without the contact lenses, something that would make every human being agree to everything he says. She inhales his smell again, as a smile formed on her lips and he knew what the answer was, without a word he took her hand and walked away from her house.

“I didn’t exactly say yes” she mumbled those words as they walked slowly in the streets of Seoul.

“But you didn’t exactly say no” He smirked as he touched the nape of his neck. He could sense awkwardness and decided to shrug it off with a funny statement.

“Don’t worry, I won’t ask you to dance in the carnival” He chuckled in between words and it wasn’t really something to laugh about but they did anyway.

“Oh I almost forgot, you’re the guy who doesn’t trust people who don’t dance. What a freaking belief!” She stated as they laughed even more.

 

 

Sehun walked back and forth inside the flower shop, mumbling words that no one could hear or understand.

“Would you stop acting like a douche bag?” Krystal asked with her arms crossed as she followed him with her eyes.

“What happened to Mr. Poker Face?’ Minho asked from behind.

“Whatever, something you shouldn’t care about” She hissed. Just the sight of this guy makes accepting the fact that she was forced to work in a flower shop even harder.

Then there was complete silence deafening them, killing them inside.

“Ok fine, I got a text from Suzy, she said she’s in the carnival” She said with a worried face that didn’t match the annoyed tone.

“With the guy who just moved in her neighborhood, Kai” She sighed.

Sehun stopped his little “show” there and face Krystal his eyes were serious and everyone could see that he’s not so happy with what’s happening now.

“You just said Kai didn’t you?” He asked as he fixed his messed up hair with his right hand.

“Yes I did? What now?” Krystal asked scratching her head and she faced Minho who was a bit puzzled too.
“And you!” She pointed at him. “You like Suzy too, don’t you? What crazy idea are you thinking right now? And take note you can’t hurt the guy he’s scary and his perfume ” she stated as she grabbed her blue coat and was about to approach the door.

“Hey, hold it.” Minho said followed by a complete silence inside the store. It was almost 7 and the supposed to be closed store is still open with the three inside.

“We’re going to the carnival!” Minho announced as he grabbed Sehun and his stuff towards the door.

“And we’re going to use my car and Krystal Jung will pay for the gas.” He told Sehun as the two got out of the store leaving a puzzled Krystal inside.

“You coming or not?” Sehun asked.

“Ok” Krystal took a deep breath as she walked out of the store towards the so called car.

“No, no, bad idea. We are not going there and ruin Suzy’s date and I’m so not paying for your gas and I am not riding your old pick-up truck. Dude, I own a Volvo and your car ! “She shouted and soon found herself in the middle of Mr. Poker face and Mr. Annoying/No shirt, inside the pick-up truck that and in front of the gas station.

“This is so not me” She mumbled.

 

 

“Where do we go next?” Suzy asked as they walked around the small carnival they played every game in every booth and upon getting every prize they wanted, boredom starts to haunt them.

Their eyes widened by the sight of a large object in front of them. The light of the object illuminated them and it was really attractive.

“The Ferris wheel!” they both exclaimed as they found themselves lining up with the other people to get there.

A few seconds after they got in, a conversation started.

“I’m sorry for taking up most of your time” he said looking directly at his feet not because he’s afraid of heights but because he doesn’t want to see her reaction.

“No, it’s fun. It’s my first time going here and I never thought it would make me feel like a kid again” she explained hoping that her answer won’t disappoint him.

“So you don’t have siblings too?” She asked when she noticed that no one was talking.

They weren’t really enjoying the ride as it is but because if not for the ride no conversation would happen and they wouldn’t have found out about each other.

He looked up to her, his convincing eyes turned into eyes of someone who wants to be noticed, someone who wants to be pitied.

“I live alone Suzy-ssi, I don’t have a family, No parents, No siblings” He said as took a deep breath. The ride stopped and they walked slowly away from the Ferris wheel. Coldness was surrounding them and Suzy could feel it underneath her shirt. She wasn’t being obvious but he noticed and put his jacket on her without exchanging words. Suzy looked at him and he knew that those eyes showed gratitude for giving the jacket.

 

“We’re not going in are we?” Sehun asked as he grabbed the binoculars.

“I don’t see them here.” Minho said looking at the lenses of the binoculars.

“Am I the only one without the spying gadget? Oh and by the way I’m not going in” She said as she counted the remaining money inside her wallet.

And soon she found herself enjoying the carnival playing games and eating exotic foods.

“We’re here to look for Suzy aren’t we?” Krystal asked as she aimed for bull’s-eye to get the large toy.

“Are we?” the boys asked.

Boom!

“Here’s your prize!” The handsome guy in the booth said.

“Thank you!” She said as she took the toy ready to leave.

“Excuse me, Do you mind If I—“the guy in the booth can’t seem to finish his question.

“Yes Taemin? Would I mind if you --?” Krystal asked looking at the guy’s name tag.

A lump formed in his throat. “If I ask for your number?” he managed to say. It’s written all over both Sehun and Minho’s faces that they were shocked and disgusted.

“Excuse me, she’s with us” Minho butted in.

“I know” Taemin said as he smirked still looking at the lady in front of him.

“I think it’s rude to ask for a girl’s number when she’s with someone” Minho said with an annoyed reaction in his face. He was beginning to get angry.

“Well I think it’s rude to interrupt when she’s about to give the number to me” He said not taking his eyes off Krystal Jung who’s laughing over the situation.

“You know what, I don’t like you” Minho said, he was trying to keep calm.

“And I think my words are enough for you to understand that I don’t like you too, sir” Taemin answered emphasizing the word “Sir.”

Minho grabbed his collar and it was Krystal’s cue to leave but she didn’t.

“Calm down Stupid, I’m giving it any way” she said glaring at Minho and looked back to Taemin and asked “Can I have a pen and paper?”

“I’d love to but I want you to put it directly in my phone.” He said as he handed her the phone.

“Your phone looks really nice, makes me wonder why you work here” She said as she typed the numbers. “Here” she handed him his phone back. A nice and friendly conversation was about to start but Minho pulled Krystal away from the booth dragging Sehun along.

“What the is wrong with you?!” He shouted in her face. She couldn’t say a word.

“What he means is that the guy in the booth is a flirt and you easily gave your number” Sehun explained with a low tone trying to calm the situation.

“I’ll do what I want when I feel like it and you don’t have the right to drag me to wherever you want to!” She shouted back at his face.

And she shouted so loud that the kids stopped and stared at them for a few seconds and walked away and then they saw a what they were looking for; Suzy with Kai, she’s wearing his jacket and they were talking to each other, the looks on their faces were serious.

They were just in time to hear and witness what happened.

“Well, I used to have one, I had a dad, and I lived most of my life with him but later on I found out that the dad I grew up with was not really my dad, he was a jerk who kept me after my real family got killed, turns out that he’s the reason why and decided to look after me as the pay off, he’s a bastard. Even if he took care of me like a real father should, he’s a bastard for letting me live in a lie, and he’s a bastard for not telling me everything, for making me believe that I was his own child, for killing the identity of my true family for not honoring their existence. He’s a bastard, he’s a ing bastard! ” There was anger in kai’s tone and she could see him gritting as he said every word but she didn’t let him utter another word as she touched his hand, gave him a hug and everything seemed to stop. He calmed down, patted her back and said “Thank you”