4

Perfectly Imperfect

 

 

Suzy went home and prepared herself for work. And as usual, it was annoying.

“You’re late, it’s almost 8:30” Minho greeted me in his usual annoying tone.

Suzy had just decided that she won’t be annoyed and that she won’t let the guy in front of her ruin everything, so with her sweetest smile she said “Look here young man, I know you’re older than me and since it’s just the two of us who works here I think you need me more than I need you so let’s just get work started.”

“Did you water the plants already?”

“That’s your work” He protested.

“Easy tiger, I was just asking” I said as she went outside to do her work.

The shop was almost closing when a little girl came in.

“Yah Annoying guy, come here” Suzy called. “Take care of the costumer, I’ll take care of the plants” She said when Minho approached her.

A few moments later Minho went to the garden and grabbed the hose from Suzy.

With a frown he said. “Take care of the costumer and I’ll take care of the garden.”

Suzy gave him a Devilish grin before going back to the shop.

“Good Afternoon!” She greeted.

“Um can you give me anything nice” Suzy didn’t get her.

“Can you be more specific?”

“I... um... can you give me beautiful flowers?”

“What are they for?” Suzy asked.

“They’re for thanksgiving” Now Suzy knows why Minho decided to let her take care, He knew nothing about the representation of flowers.

“If it’s for Gratitude then let me get you--” Suzy said as she walked towards the garden and came back with a pot. “Pink Carnations represent gratitude”

“Um, will it…will the flowers last long?” the girl asked.

“Just for a few days, why?” Suzy was curious.

“I want my parents to have it for a long time, I want them to see the flowers every day, it’s my… my way of thanking them” Why didn’t she get the child’s point in the first place. Suzy asked herself.

“Then if you want you can give them the whole pot, but you have to water it every day” Suzy smiled but the child was crying.

Suzy went over to the child, leaned down and asked “Why?” the child didn’t answer.

She stood up and with a smile she said “Let’s go” the child looked at her

“Let’s take this to your parents” Suzy said as they went out.

“Hey Annoying Guy, I’m gonna borrow your bike for a while” She shouted and was sure Minho could hear since he was watching the scene earlier.

She placed the pot in the basket in front.

“Now here are the rules, I’ll drive while you guide me where to go” She said before giving Minho’s helmet to the girl.

After a few minutes they were already in the cemetery. It turns out that the child’s parents were dead. It was tragic and the child cried a lot.

“Hey what’s your name?” Suzy asked.

“Taehee Lee” the child answered in between sobs.

“Taehee-ah, promise me that if I buy you Ice Cream you’ll stop crying” they went and bought Ice cream. It was already 6:30 pm when Suzy got back to the shop with Minho’s Bike.

“Taehee wants to say thank you” She said handling the helmet to Minho who was busy closing the shop.

She grabbed her phone and texted Krystal.

To: Krystal Jung ;)

Hey can you take me to Han River right now? That’s what you get for waking e up early

I’ll be waiting in front of Heaven Flower Shop XD

___________________

 

After about four minutes, when Minho was about togo a car stopped in front of the shop. The window scrolled down

“Hey Suzy! Hop on” Krystal Greeted in English.

When Suzy got in she asked. “Do I have to speak in English when I’m with you?”

“I just like your accent, You didn’t tell me you work with Mr.Choi” It was the start of an English conversation.

“Do I have to tell you? I just met you last night when I got stoned. You know Mr. No Shirt?” Suzy’s accent sounded funny but it was nice at the same time.

Yeah we worked together one time for a magazine shoot, he’s a model too” Krystal replied as they parked near the river.

They walked the River sides while Suzy told her the story of Taehee in English. Her accent was funny and in the end they both cried.

“Why are you crying?” Suzy asked.

“You started it.”And they both laughed they were crazy.

“Wait here for a second I have to take this call” Krystal  said finally they stopped speaking in English.

And she came back with a happy-but-not-so-happy look.

“We have to go home now, my sister Jessica is waiting for me in the airport” Krystal said.

“You go first; I’ll just take a cab home.” Suzy said in English.

“Yeah whatever, take care.”Krystal replied as she walked towards her car.

So it’s just Suzy and a few people. The sound of silence is so refreshing that Suzy decided to close her eyes and she suddenly heard the sound of a violin, the sound, she heard it before in a recital. 

“I must be daydreaming again” Suzy thought.

She opened her eyes only to find a guy playing the violin He had light colored hair and was wearing a plain white shirt. He was playing for the people who cared to stop and listen to his music. When he was done playing, the sound of applause was heard. She must be too mesmerized by the sound that she didn’t notice that the guy was actually approaching her.

“Hello?” the gut was waving his hand in front of Suzy.

She seemed shocked to see the guy.

“I think I’ve seen you before, don’t you remember?” He asked.

“Does everyone in Seoul feel like they’ve seen me before?” Suzy thought aloud not realizing that it’s not Krystal who she’s talking to.

“I’m sorry I don’t speak in English” The guy said. “I’m Sehun by the way I think we took Violin lessons together, in Jeonju, You’re Suzy right? Do you still play,?” He took her hand for a shake.

“Oh I’m sorry, I don’t really remember. I accidentally broke my violin three weeks ago so yeah,” she lied.

“Play me a song~” he said handing his Violin to Suzy.

“I don’t really remember this guy but he knows me and why is he letting me touch his instrument, Are all people in Seoul trust others easily” Suzy thought she was indeed Stereotyping.

She took the Violinwithout having second thoughts and started playing she played the violin version of “Head rush” sung by Hannah Trigwell.

“Nice, I think I know the song, what’s the title?” Sehun asked.

“It’s Head rush by Hannah Trigwell I’m not really sure if it’s played like that It’s just my version” She explained.

“Sing the song” He requested.

“And why would I do that?” Suzy asked but later on she closed her eyes and started singing the song in her funny English accent

*What I know is nothing now

And you trust or loose, I’m too scared to Doubt

Let it fall by the way side

Let it fall by the way side

Sehun can’t understand the meaning of the song but he seemed to know how to play it.

By chorus he was already humming to the song while playing it.

*Just one touch you’ve got me falling give me head rush

You are the one that will break me but you are the one who could save me

Hit with just one look you’ve got me falling give me headrush

You’ll be the one that would break me but you are the one who could save me

 

 

When Chorus ended Suzy’s eyes widened by what she saw

“You!” she exclaimed.

 

____________

 

Tell me what you think~