11

Perfectly Imperfect

 

The thick cloud has covered the sky and the moon showed up at last.

Since the argument that happened earlier that day, no one talked and since her dad's palm landed on her cheek for the first time she never got out of her room.

She didn't eat breakfast

No lunch either

And no plan on having dinner.

A knock was heard on her heavy wooden door, but she didn't bother to open it.

Instead, she covered herself with another layer of blanket and pretended to be asleep.

"I'm going to open the door if you won't answer"

He gets no response.

So he opens the door and started talking because he knew that under those layers of blanket someone was waiting for an apology and an explanation.

"Suzy, I know you're still awake. Look, I'm sorry, sorry for what I did earlier"

She was listening.

"I never wanted to hurt you, physically or emotionally, I know you're still mad at me, I just want to tell you that if you get hungry, I left food in the kitchen and that I'll be going to sleep now so good night and I'm sorry" he said as he closed the door.

And soon only the lamp in Suzy's room was the only light in their house. It indicates that her dad is at rest now.

Her stomach is protesting, it creates a loud noise that can be heard all over the room.

She let out a sigh as she walked out of her room towards the kitchen.

Her eyes seemed in love by the sight of food in the table and after a few seconds she soon attacks the food on the table, like a vampire drinking blood; her reaction was priceless as if it's her first time eating food.

It took her less than five minutes to finish eating all the left overs, and she finds herself raiding the ref for more.

Failing to find ready-to-eat foods, she grabbed her coat and decided to hunt for food.

--

"Pigging out alone?" She heard a husky voice behind her back.

"Shut up Minho, you're disturbing Me." she quickly replied without even looking at the guy' without checking if it's really Minho or not.

He sits beside her, and gets a punch on the attempt to touch her food.

"If you're gonna pig-out at least let a friend join you" he said patting the area of his arm that got punched.

"Just shut up, okay. I haven't eaten anything since breakfast. At least until earlier" Suzy stated as she stood up, left a couple of bills and got out of the ramyun shop.

"So what's your problem?" he asked.

"what problem?"

"What kind of student would stay outside in the middle of the night when she has a math quiz tomorrow?" He asks again placing his arms on the back of his head.

"Like I care Stupid, it's just a math test" she replied and acts as if nothing really happened when her facial reaction shows everything.

"Tell me or else I'll --" he was stopped by her sudden question to change the topic.

"How did you know my schedule? And how the hell did you find me"

"I-- the truth is--" Could it be that Minho is the stalker? Suzy thought.

"I've been looking out for you since you left the store, Krystal kinda told me that I'm your work husband, whatever that means and obliged me to always look out for you and that's what I'm doing 'til now"

But Suzy can't seem to get his point.

"Oh, Krystal. But we don't work together now so that means we're divorced or something like that?So why do you still bother, I mean why do you at still look aft--"

With Minho's arms crossed he said. "Ok, I'm caught, I like you but that doesn't take out the fact that you're hiding something."

"You like me?" she asked pointing her index finger at herself.

"You didn't hear me? I said I like you “he repeated this time he shouted it directly to her.

And then there was complete silence before Suzy finally said

“You’re so stupid, how come you tell someone that you like her that way, it's so boring, unromantic, so stupid."

"Because this night it’s not about how I like you and all that romantic stuff, this night is all about you so spit out the problems, I'll wait for it, I'll listen and I'll tell you what I can do, gidaryo~" His words were inviting and if she wasn't Suzy for she would've told him everything.

Without talking they continued to walk, its past 8 now. Minho stopped.

“How about this, I’ll give you my jacket then you’ll tell me the problem” but Suzy wasn’t convinced. She turned to face him and said.

“How about this, I’ll tell you the problem and then you’ll stop liking me~ deal?”

“Yeah sure, just tell me everything”

“Yah stupid, why do you want to know?” Suzy asked. She really doesn’t want to tell anyone about it.

“I don’t know, stupid just tell me because we just had a deal” He protested.

Suzy searched for the nearest bench and sat, Minho followed her.

“My Appa, he’s not telling me everything and I acted like a earlier”

“That’s it? Everyone needs privacy, kid” Minho stretches out his hands.

“You don’t understand, He’s the only family that I have.”  Suzy covered her face with her hands.

“What about your Mom?” Minho asked.

“That’s part of what he doesn’t tell me. I’m no longer a kid, just like you I want to know everything” She explained, yawning.

“You’re so stupid; there are things that are better unsaid or unheard. If you only know how to put yourself in his shoes, then you'll feel empathy and indifference” Minho explained hitting Suzy’s head.

“You really don’t understand, you’re saying that he should keep things because it’s better that way, I think If I were him, I’d still tell my daughter everything so at least even if it’ll hurt, it’s because of the truth and not the lies.”

“He didn’t lie to you, he just didn’t told everything, say sorry to him”

“Oh whatever stupid, it’s just the same he promised me that we won’t keep secrets from each other.” Suzy grabbed her phone from her pocket.

“What’re you doing?” Minho asked when Suzy stood up.

“I’ll call Krystal” she answered briefly while dialing the number.

“Don’t disturb her, I’ll just take you home” He tried to stop but it seemed that Krystal had already answered the call.

“Its 8:30 pm what the hell do you want Suzy Bae?” Krystal asked.

“Oh, I’m sorry, am I disturbing you? I was just about to ask if you’d like to stay overnight at my house but it seems like you don’t want to so sorry--”

“SLEEPOVER? I’ll go there right now, wait for me.” Krystal was excited without waiting for Suzy to say anything she ended the call.

“You know what you’re right. I’ll be going now” She faced Minho and walked away.

________________________________________

--

“Don’t hug me” Suzy protested as she tried to get away from Krystal’s suffocating hug but Suzy could no longer do anything.

“Just sleep, class will start at 7am” Krystal said in her sleepy voice.

“HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP WHEN YOU’RE BREATHING ON MY NECK, WILL YOU PLEASE STOP HARASSING ME?” Suzy shouted but Krystal seemed to be in her deep sleep now and she has no choice but to sleep too.

____________________

 

Suzy’s dad was reading the newspaper when he felt someone placed his coffee mug in front of him and walked away towards the kitchen.

“Good Morning Appa!” He heard a voice. He quickly put down his newspaper to see who it was.

“Ah, Krystal, you scared me.” He noticed a post-it note on his coffee mug. It says;

                                          Appa,

Sorry I acted like a yesterday~ won’t do it again

^_^ V

-          Suzy

 

_________________________

 

After getting ready for school both of them said goodbye to Suzy’s dad and headed to the train station.

“Do you think I did the right thing?” Suzy asked as she handed Krystal her train ticket.

"I don't care about right or wrong as long as I'm happy with what I'm doing" Krystal said with a wide smile.

“Words of wisdom from Krystal Jung, so rare. Anyways I was with my WORK-HUSBAND last night when I called you” Suzy said as they got on the train emphasizing Krystal’s term “WORK HUSBAND”

Krystal gulped. “About that…”

Suzy smiled “No need to worry I’m not angry, thank you by the way for finding me a body guard”

__________________________

 

The last subject was mathematics. The teacher gave out the test papers for the students to answer but Krystal and Sehun rested their heads on the table as if they weren’t interested.

“Yah, Aren’t you taking the test?” Suzy asked Krystal. She was sleeping so Suzy stepped on her feet.

“Ouch!” She exclaimed as everyone on the classroom faced her.

“Ah,Sorry” Krystal bowed.

“What the hell was that for?” She asked Suzy giving her a “You’ll-get-it-later look.

“You’re not answering the test, you stupid.” Suzy relied as she placed her pen on the desk indicating that she had finished answering the one hour test in 15 minutes.

“If you can convince Sehun to take the test, I’ll answer mine.” She made an agreement.

Suzy rested her head so that she can face Sehun.

“Oh Sehun”

“What?” He replied in a sleepy tone.

“I love you, can you answer your test for me?” She said with a pout. It widened Sehun’s eyes as he stood up and grabbed his pen.

“What the hell is wrong with you? Crazy” He asked as he started answering the test.

“I was kidding” She answered.

___________________________

 

After class they went to buy street foods and it was cool that Sehun tagged along.

“So how did you make Sehun answer the test?” Krystal asked while eating the fish cake.

“I told this Crazy guy that I love him” Suzy replied and laughed with Krystal.

“Sehun-ah, did you believe her?” Krystal asked still laughing.

“Why would I? I was so disgusted so I started answering” He replied as he took a bite on his own food.

Suzy leaned closer to Sehun, locking her strong gaze with him

“I bet you believed me” she said as she continued laughing with Krystal.

In the end he really did believe her.

_________________________

So yeah~ What do you think? Too long? Too short? Does it ? Tell me what you think :D