17

Perfectly Imperfect

 

 

The sun shone directly on the city of Seoul. Illuminating Suzy’s pale body as the rays enters her room. She opened her eyes only to glare at the Alarm clock that won’t stop from making the annoying sound that she hated the most. She grabbed her favorite feathered pillow and covered her face with it, hoping that the sound won’t stop, but it didn’t. “No other choice” she thought.

She stood up and dragged her feet towards the direction of her slippers.  After fixing herself, a few more stretching, mood setting and poof she’s ready to face the rest of the day with a smile.

She tied her hair in a ponytail as she walked downstairs slowly and very carefully. She could hear two different voices from below. One belonging to her father and the other one, the one she described as a hoarse voice is very familiar to her. After a few seconds the voices were gone and a girl’s humming was heard.

“Good Morning” the feminine voice said. It was coming from the kitchen.

Suzy was surprised to see Krystal (Jung Soojung) cooking food. She was wearing Suzy’s shirt, her pajamas and even her sleepers.

She sat down and started tracing circles on the wooden table.

“So you don’t talk to me for almost four months then I saw you in the flower shop doing lovey dovey stuff with Minho-ssi then you suddenly talked to me in the café then I woke up and you’re in my kitchen and everything you’re wearing is mine” She stated not looking at Krystal who prepared the dishes and later on took out the bottle of milk and poured two full glasses.

 “What are these?” Suzy murmured as she stared directly on the food.

“I don’t know what they’re called but they’re actually edible don’t worry” She replied as Krystal started eating but Suzy didn’t she was too busy playing with the food.

“If you’re wondering about why I didn’t talk to you for months-“ Suzy cut her off.

“Because you were trying to protect us, I know. Let’s not talk about it” Suzy smiled. She was happy and it was written all over her face.

Even though Krystal had no idea how she found out or who told her she just continued eating.

“Hey, why can’t you tickle yourself?” Krystal asked.

“Because the human brain can tell which sensation are produced by our own actions and gives them low priority” Suzy answered without even looking at Krystal.

“Why is a hot dog called a hotdog?” Another question was asked by Krystal.

Suzy didn’t even blink as she answered “The term hot dog was popularized by cartoonist Tad Dorgan in the early 1900's when he sketched vendors selling the sausages from hot-water tanks.”

“Why did you go home late last night? Krystal raised her voice, like an angry sister.

“I was—I—we-“The perfect words won’t come out and Suzy could only look down at her feet like a child being scolded by her older sister.

The voices that Suzy heard from earlier was heard again, the hoarse one and her father’s as the wooden door creaked open.

“Suzy-ah, you’re awake” It was her dad and weird thing was he’s carrying a tool box and sweat was dripping on the side of his face. Another weird thing was there was a young man beside him, and she was facing his back.

“Where’s my coffee?” Suzy’s dad asked Krystal as he eyed for a coffee which was not in the table.

“It’s in the freezer” Krystal answered without any reaction.

“What the?”

“I was kidding” She said as she pointed at the coffee mug on top of the oven.

The man who had his back facing them turned around, Black eyes and bronze skin; he was so damn hot on his black shirt take note of the sweat.

“I didn’t know you were sisters.” It was Kai, the dance freakzoid He looked like a different person, different hairstyle.

“Yes, except for we’re not, I’m a Jung “Krystal butted in.

The thing that popped on both Suzy and Krystal’s mind was; WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING HERE?

“I moved in yesterday just across the street” he answered the questions that were never asked.

“I asked for Mr.Bae’s help since I haven’t unpacked yet and I don’t know where the tools are” he added. Answering another unasked question.

“So you guys won’t talk huh, I know that I’ve been such a weirdo but I hope living in the same neighborhood would be a nice start” He slowly touched the back of his neck as those words came out of his mouth.

“Kai lives alone so I was wondering if you girls could give him a tour around the place” Suzy’s dad suggested as he placed the tools to where they belong.

“I don’t literally live here so I’m out” Krystal said as she gave Kai a “you’re-such-a-plan-wrecker look”

Suzy only stared at Kai who was also looking directly at her when she elbowed Krystal on the stomach and said

“Sure, is 4pm ok?” she ask and the conversation went longer until Kai left to unpack.

 

”I think someone’s overdosed of pills today” Suzy stated as they got inside her room. Krystal purposely dropped her frail body on the bed letting out a sigh of anger and disgust. Not satisfied, she stood up and looked at the house just across the street.

“He’s the weirdo who asked you to dance in the rooftop right? The one written in your diary. He has dark eyes and firm body, he’s hot and cool at the same time and he reads minds, he even owns silver Volvo” Krystal hissed as she looked across the street.

“What the hell Jung Soojung? If you’re thinking that he’s something like Edward Cullen then think again. Vampires are not true so we’re giving him a tour this afternoon.” Suzy’s statement sounded final. She walked over the closet looking for something nice to wear.

“Gosh, what the hell are you thinking? You own a Volvo too” She added as she browsed on all her clothes.

“Mine is red” She pouted as she took off her slippers and threw her frail body on Suzy’s bed only this time making sure that she’ll have her rest.

“But you do have dark eyes and firm body and you’re hot and cool at the same time and you don’t read minds and so does he” Suzy explained as she gently sat on the ground and grabbed a magazine.

”You know what, one night you’ll see him in your balcony, watching you sleep and then—“

“He’s not a freakin’ vampire, ok? Let’s just not talk about him ‘cause your thoughts are making me laugh” Suzy cut her off and giggled after finishing her statement.

“You’re acting like that because you’re so attracted at him and you were even looking at him as if you’re telling him to bite you” Krystal said as she clenched her teeth and Suzy only laughed at her funny actions.

“I wasn’t able to sleep last night “Krystal stated as she brushed her hair using her bare hands.

 “Hmm? Why?”

“I felt like watching the stars at the veranda and I saw a shooting star, it was worth it.” Krystal continued.

“What did you wish for?” Suzy asked still facing the magazine that she’s reading.

“For you to stop snoring so that I could sleep” Krystal said in between laughs and later on a flying magazine hit her head.

“You know what; you should go home, get a life and prepare yourself for this afternoon’s tour.” Suzy ordered both hands on her hips.

537963_336580609778190_99143240_n.jpg

 

Come that day’s afternoon a knock was heard and a few seconds after Suzy came running down the stairs. She received a warm “Hi” as she opened the heavy wooden door.

He gently observed what she was wearing. An oversized white shirt pairing it with light blue short jeans.

She looked too casual yet too good looking for a short tour.

“Krystal says she has work so she can’t come” She said as cold wind entered their house. He was wearing a white shirt topping it with a military themed jacket.

“Well actually I was about to ask another favor since I’m kind of already familiar with the place” He stated touching the back of his neck and it looked so damn cool to Suzy who just stared at his blue eyes.

“Your eyes. They’re black earlier and now they’re blue” She pointed out as she leaned closer.

“Oh, I wear contacts sometimes.” He answered as he placed his hands inside the pocket of his black jeans.

“Sehun is one of my few friends and he lives nearby that’s why I’m familiar with the place” He stated when he realized that they stopped talking.

“I was taking a walk earlier when I found these” He said as he showed her the paper.

“Carnival huh? I’ve never been, not even once” She stated as she stared at the paper.

“What’s happening in here?” A husky voice said. It was Suzy’s dad who just back from the back yard.

“Good Afternoon Sir, I was wondering if you’d let Suzy accompany me in the carnival tonight?” he asked as he stood straight.

“It’s really up to her” He answered with a smile on his face.

“Suzy?” He looked straight into her eyes and was somehow hypnotizing her.

Suzy looked down thinking whether to go or not to go.

537963_336580609778190_99143240_n.jpg

 

So yeah~ I'm leaving the choice to you, Will Suzy go or not? It's up to you just comment below.

I feel glad that you guys can cope up with my Not-so-good writing skills :D 

So yeah tell me what im lacking :D