9

Perfectly Imperfect

 

 

Dear You,

            The alarm woke me up; it’s 3.45 now that means I’ll have more time to write.

I haven’t been writing lately about my life since I got home from the hospital. It’s just that I spent most of my time reading novels for my dad’s library and writing reaction papers about it. The thing is, I don’t have a single idea as to why I’m doing it. I still have no idea who took me to the hospital and what exactly happened after I passed out and I don’t think I’m near to getting answers to those questions. I’ll be in school in a few minutes and the fact that I already know a few people from Seoul is new to me. It’s not that I hate people from Seoul it’s just that I don’t think I’ll be able to adjust. I just don’t think I can. I’m a little nervous for school as if this is the first time but I got a call from Krystal Jung, she said that she had asked for a section transfer (if that’s possible) so that we’ll be in the same class in exchange for breakfast today, I really don’t think it’d make sense but well anyway dad said it’s fine so he just have to deal with Krystal himself. And my plan to write about what happened to the rest of my summer is now ruined because I can hear a car engine approaching our house; It’s 4:30 now, I got distracted by a really cool RPG, the reason why this entry is shorter than It should be. I think I’ll be writing when I get back from school. Bye for now.

 

                                 - Suzy (수지)

__________________________

 

“Hey, Miss me?” Krystal greeted the moment Suzy opened the door. As expected the breakfast became “Unusual.” Unusual in the form of thousands stories from Krystal and for the first time in her life she witnessed an empty rice pot after eating breakfast.

“Seriously, what’s wrong with you and the amount of food you eat? And why did your driver leave with your car?” Suzy was puzzled it’s as if Krystal had this vacuum on were in all the food in the table gets .

“My fa—mily , they’re still in Ame—ri—ca. Dad said I can—not drive cause I g—et drunk too often.” She answered with full of the soup Suzy made.
“And he allows you to drink?” There were more questions but they had to leave for school.

“Bye Appa~” Both of the girls said to Suzy’s dad which made him scratch his head.

They ended up riding the train and a 5 minute walk before they got to school.

“Do you need help with your books?” All of a sudden a guy appeared from behind asking them, it was Minho.

“No thanks, Minho-ssi, I mean Sunbae.” Suzy said, walking a little faster. Krystal grabbed the books which Suzy carried and handed it to Minho who had no difficulty in catching up with the fast walking. Krystal seemed to notice something and had a fast teasing plan.

“I have to check lockers so I’ll go first, Sunbaenim” She said giving Minho a 90 ° bow and then turned to Suzy who had no reaction and no idea about what she’s planning. “Laters, Baby~” She said to Suzy who suddenly felt disgusted.

“What the hell? Christian Grey?” She shouted to Krystal who waved her hand. It was nice to know that Krystal knew about “Fifty Shades of Grey” the only book that made impact this summer, she probably read about it from Suzy’s Journal. Suzy couldn’t keep herself from smiling.

A smiling Suzy, A tall guy beside her, carrying her books, a guy who happened to be Choi Minho, a model. It was the perfect way to steal the crowd’s attention and before they knew it people started eyeing on them as if they’re super stars, and people started talking about them.

“Who is that girl?”

“Why is Minho Oppa carrying her books?”

“Are they dating?”

The moment they parted, people are still eyeing on them but now as individuals.

On her way to class, a group of girls blocked her.

“You’re not dating Minho oppa, right?” A girl said. Both hands on her hips.

“It’s really none of your business” Krystal butted in. When the girls found out it was Krystal, they bowed and walked away. She grabbed Suzy’s wrist and dragged her inside the classroom.

“So, Welcome to the unordinary Highschool life.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Suzy said massaging her now-red wrist.

“From now on you should remember, there’ll be many eyes surrounding you, Ears that want to hear everything about you, you should be careful.”

“Yeah, Whatever.”

 

  Just like every beginning of the school year, they had to introduce themselves.

But this time Suzy decided that it would no longer be the “Hello, I’m Bae Suzy, nice meeting you” introduction. It’ll be different, so she changed her usual line to “Good day, my name is Bae Suzy, Last year was a little rough for me but I’m hoping it’ll be different this year.”

Nothing about school changed. Well, except for she doesn’t need to sit alone at the back part of the room, or at least not alone, she is seated beside Krystal (by force) on her right and the guy who claimed to be her childhood friend in Jeonju, Oh Sehun who slept the whole time. Her classmates don’t seem to pay attention to the teachers and only seemed to feel alive when the bell rang for lunch.

“Same boring classes, wanna eat lunch with me?” Sehun asked.

“Oh, Sorry Sehun, Suzy and I have plans” Krystal replied with a grin on her face.

Seconds later Minho came in. “Krystal Jung and Miss Flowers, let’s eat lunch” Minho offered gaining the attention of everyone in class.

“I asked first.”

“We had plans already.”

“Oh shut up she’s coming with me anyways”

Suzy stoop up. “Actually, I’m not eating lunch” She said as she walked out from the classroom towards the rooftop. She could smell the fresh flowers from afar, which urged her to run towards the rooftop only to see a garden and a guy holding a tulip. He stopped the moment he saw her.

“Oh, welcome to my hideout, you’re Suzy right?” It was Kai. There was no response from Suzy, she just approached the plants.

“It’s nice to see that someone else has interest in this place, I guess you’re not that happy to see me.”  Kai added which made Suzy look back at him.

“This thing is yours” He said as he handed her the clip that she left the day they met

“Thank you” was she could say.

“Here’s a variegated tulip” He said as he gave her the tulip.

“Variegated tulips are what you should give when you want to say that someone has beautiful eyes, I don’t think I have one so I won’t accept it” Suzy explained, not taking the tulip.

“Oh, you must know a lot about flowers too, each kind and each color represents something, but believe me you have beautiful eyes.”

The moment Kai touched Suzy’s hand to give her the flower; she could feel a surge of electricity. It was like in the movies wherein the protagonist touches someone’s hand and there will be a flashback. This time it’s different, the moment he touched her hand, she swore she could see herself as a kid, holding onto a tall guy whose face is blurred and she could hear herself scream, she was screaming  “Appa!” multiple times then a gun shot. It was indeed a flashback of a scene who-knows-when, if it really happened.

“Yah Suzy! Wake up!” 

______________________