16

Perfectly Imperfect

Dear You,

                I’m sorry I haven’t written in a while. I don’t really have much time to do so, being me is so difficult that I want to be someone else (If you can understand).Would you believe me if I tell you that I got bullied last week? Of course you would. That’s right I got bullied in the ladies’ comfort room or should I say powder room. If you’re gonna ask why I didn’t bother to tell anybody is because they wouldn’t believe me. It’s funny how Krystal managed not talking to me for almost four months, it right? But it doesn’t mean that we’re not friends anymore, she told everyone that I’m her best friend. I am and not I was it means I still am. We’re still friends even if she doesn’t talk to me even when I ask her about stuff it’s either she’ll plug something on her ears or write something on her notebook as if I wasn’t sitting beside her. I was about to consider it as an emotional abuse last Tuesday but she talked to me after class when I was sulking like a kid whose lollipop got stolen. She found out about the bruises that I’ve been hiding and rushed out of the room as if she’s my sister and I never heard about her, it’s Saturday and still no news, no idea. I don’t understand people. They talk continually then suddenly they won’t talk then everything gets weird.

                I also wanted to tell you that I’ve been into reading lately, well, I know I always read but this time when I read, I feel like I’m the character in the book and it’s just really weird, and everything’s weird, it’s weird that I get a lot of text messages when before school started I got almost none, it’s weird that I’m writing all this stuff in one sentence and this sentence contains a lot of comma and it’s just weird.

Oh, I think I’m the weird one here. I don’t really have much to do since everything’s unbelievably fine, my room’s clean and I think it’s because if a person whom you’re used to be with suddenly stops talking to you, you’ll feel that surge of doing things you’ve never done before and one of them is cleaning your room.

                I also find it weird that the last two paragraphs are incredibly short and it only contains one or two sentences and I don’t even think I should call it a paragraph; it’s also weird how this one turns like one of them. Why does everything have to be weird?

                                                                                                                                                          - Suzy (수지)

                       

PS: I find it weird that I included a PS for the first time and it’s because I find it weird that I received a text message saying that I should get my in the flower shop and asked for cooked food. I find it weird that he’s asking when I no longer work there. I also find it weird that I’m starting to think that he and Krystal looked good together after I heard news about Minho hugging her in the clinic. One last weird thing is that I think this part is should be included in the entry because it looks too long for a PS.

 

Suzy found her way to the kitchen and wore an apron.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this.” She said as she blew her misplaced fringe covering her face.

While waiting for the food to cook she found herself reminiscing the moment when Krystal told her the story of the waitress in California.

“When I went to a cafeteria in California” Krystal started. “An eager young waitress with a lovely French accent said, “This way monsieur" I've spent quite a bit of time in France and always welcomed the opportunity to practice the language. "And what is your connection with France" I asked in French.

Without turning a hair, she replied in perfect English, "Oh, my parents spent their honeymoon there."

And even Sehun laughed at the story and they laughed so hard that the teacher sent them to face the back and then would later ask them if they’ve learned something in his class, Suzy would simply answer.

“Sir, what would we learn from facing the back part of the class room?” And they would laugh even more.

The sound of the oven took Suzy back to reality. She fixed herself and was ready to leave.

“Dad!” She called and only got Hmm for an answer.

“I’m going to the flower shop and give these to my ex work husband, if you know what that means” She sated as she walked out of the house feeling the fresh air as she plugged in her head phones and played Girls’ Generation’s Etude and walked with a smile on her face.

____________________________________

“Yah, hand me the Keys!” Minho shouted.

“There’s no freakin’ way I’m doing that, get down on your knees and beg for it like how you did when you ask me to work with you”  the girl screamed back.

“I didn’t do that! It was your way of showing gratitude!” He shouted back.

“Oh yeah, you forced me!!”

Even with her earplugs on Suzy could hear the voices from outside. She surprised them by suddenly opening the door but it seemed like she was the one surprised.

Suzy Bae an 18 year old girl had just witnessed Minho as he pinned Krystal Jung to the wall in his attempt to get the keys. They were looking in each other’s eyes.

Suzy carefully placed her bag down and picked her phone to take pictures.

“I couldn’t get the one with the strawbe—“ Sehun couldn’t believe what he’s seeing. Both Minho and Krystal looked at Suzy who was taking pictures at the moment and then to Sehun who quickly covered Suzy’s eyes.

He placed down the box of cake and took Suzy outside the shop saying, “No intimacy at work.”

“Yah, you did this! Don’t you dare touch any of the food, they’re all mine. I’ll kill you if you do” Krystal said directly to Minho who was still shocked at the moment.

_________________________________

 

“They look good together, don’t they?” Suzy told Sehun as she showed him her phone.

“I know, I’d like to get a copy of that photo.” He replied.

Meanwhile Krystal was trying to catch up on them.

“Hey!” She called out but neither one of them looked back.

“Hey!” She called out again but still no response. Sehun could sense that Suzy was about to give up so he grabbed her hand and started running.

“Where are we going?” She asks while panting.

“Wherever our feet take us” He replied and continued to run.

_______________________________

 

They stopped by the nearest café.

“That was tiring” Suzy protested as they find a comfortable seat.

“Yes, I know that’s why I’m giving you the privilege to order whatever you want, I’ll pay” Sehun replied as he carefully eyed if Krystal had already caught up.

“I’ll take whatever as long as you pay but I prefer a glass of coke just one glass.” She replied as she closed her eyes.

The moment she opened her eyes, Sehun was nowhere to be found. Just her order in front of her and Krystal Jung sipping on her Frappuccino.

Wait a second.

Suzy roamed the shop with her eyes.

Everything is normal; the people looked nice, the temperature is just fine and take note of the nice choice of music. Her order and a Krystal Jung sitting in front of her sipping on her Frappuccino.

“Suzy-ssi, stop looking around the café and look at me” Krystal ordered.

Suzy shook her head, she must be seeing things.

Krystal hit the table with her bare hands and laughed.

“I must be really pretty that you think you’re dreaming” She continued to laugh as she stood up.

“I’m sleeping at your house tonight, wait for me after work” She said as she left not even waiting for Suzy to answer.

Then all of a sudden Sehun appears.

“I shouldn’t have bought you that, you’re not drinking it” He said pointing at the drink.

 “Thank you” She murmured.

“What? For the drink? Oh it’s nothing” He replied.                                               

“No, for bringing in little Jung”

Sehun had his serious face on which was really funny on Suzy’s side.

“Remember, in friendship even the best people makes mistakes” He said.

Suzy didn’t get him though she just sipped on her drink and smiled as she noticed what he was wearing.

“You’re wearing Orange and I’m sipping on a glass of coke”

“So?” Sehun asked as he watched her finish her drink. He stood up and led her to the door; even if it was unnecessary he held her hand.

The Coke and Sehun’s orange shirt reminded her of the poem they recited during English class, having a Coke with you by O’Hara

“Having a coke with you is even more fun than going to San Sebastian, Irun, Hendaye, Biarritz, Bayonne

Or being sick to my stomach in the Travesera de Gracia in Barcelona

Partly because in your orange shirt you look like a better happier St. Sebastian” She recited in her perfect English accent. They both don’t know where they were going but it was worth giving a shot. He was hoping she’d continue but she gave him the cue that he was the one who’ll continue.

“Partly because of my love for you, partly because of your love for yogurt

 Partly because of the fluorescent orange tulips around the birches

Partly because of the secrecy our smiles take on before people and statuary

It is hard to believe when I’m with you that there can be anything as still

As solemn as unpleasantly definitive as statuary when right in front of it”

He continued as Suzy chuckled at funny accent and his speech defect pronouncing the “s” as “th”

They were now walking by the side of Han river, and the sun is almost sinking.

“In the warm New York 4 o’clock light we are drifting back and forth

Between each other like a tree breathing through its spectacles

And the portrait show seems to have no faces in it at all, just paint

And you suddenly wonder why in the world anyone ever did them”

Suzy recited as they sat on the comfortable bench that they’ve found.

“Reciting a poem while watching the sun set is really weird” Suzy added.

“Shhh the poem’s nice” Sehun replied as he recited the last lines of the poem.

 “Yes, the poem is fine but what I don’t get is why you’re holding my hand the whole time” She protested as she started hitting Sehun’s head numerous times.

He just laughed, they both laughed like fools as they watch the Sunset by the side of Han River.

“Hey, do you remember? This is the exact place where you played headrush for me” he stated with a smile on his face.

But he got no response instead he saw a sleeping Suzy resting her head in his shoulders.

____________________________________

 

So yeah , talk to me :D