21

Perfectly Imperfect

 Suzy knocked on the door in front of her. She sighed in relief as Jessica opened the door.

“I’m glad you actually came! I feel sorry for myself because I can’t handle my own sister.” She said as she let Suzy in and found her way outside the door.

“I’ll leave her to you, I’ll be—“Jessica wanted to say more but Suzy butted in.

“Yes unnie, please take care” in that Suzy slammed the door shut as if it’s her own house.

“Aish, teenagers are all the same” Jessica thought as she got in the car and rechecked the grocery list.

Without knocking Suzy opened the door to Krystal’s room. Everything was organized, the clothes are folded neatly and in place, no trash or pizza boxes or left over soft drinks, everything was completely fine but as her eyes turned to the bed she saw a frail body laying down, covering her face with a pillow.

Suzy smiled as she sat at the back of the laying person.

“Get the hell off my back, you’re heavy.” Krystal said in between sniffs.

“Hahaha so, you actually cried. That’s so not Krystal Jung I thought you hate him.” Suzy fell off the bed because Krystal got up but she laughed even more when she sees Krystal’s face, swollen eyes, ruined mascara and red nose.

“You look like the scary clown on silent hill 3, hahahaha” Suzy couldn’t control her laughter and almost burst into tears because of laughing.

“ off, Suzy I wouldn’t cry if I wasn’t one of the reasons why he actually left, you should’ve just kept what he said to yourself” She sniffed again.

For a matter of two minutes no one talked but then again Suzy burst into laughter for no reason at all.

“The truth is Min—“Krystal stopped her from what she’s about to say with a loud “Shut up” as she stood up and walked towards the balcony.

“What now?” Suzy asks as she watches Krystal climb to their roof but she followed her anyway.

The words “Wow, this feels great” came out of Suzy’s mouth as she walked carefully towards Krystal who was sitting at the end part of the roof. Suzy jokingly pushed her causing her to gasp and grip on Suzy’s shirt.

“Are you crazy?” Krystal tries to hit her but doesn’t continue.

“If you fall, you’ll land on the pool and that’s just cool.” She pauses with a sigh of relief.

“It seemed like you want to jump off and being the good friend that I am, I’m just, you know helping you out” and she started laughing again then stopped after a few seconds.

“I’m having problems too” Suzy sighed. “But it would be nice if you tell me what really happened before he left” She added as she looked at Krystal with a serious face.

Krystal looked back at her and looked away after a split second; everything came back to her like a memory that doesn’t want to be forgotten.

 

It was a perfect day for Heaven Flower Shop, lots of people came and most of the flowers were sold. They were about to close the shop when Minho noticed that Krystal haven’t talked to him after that incident with the Math Genius, Taemin Lee.

“Jung Soo—“

“Let’s call it a day” Krystal said and pretended that Minho didn’t try to call her name. She went to the bathroom to change clothes and the moment she came back she noticed that he didn’t move an inch.

But she cared less so she took her bag and went out.

The same thing happened in the next day and in the day after that, it happened for the next few weeks until he grew tired of it and decided to confront her.

One night after the shop closed he grabbed her wrist and pin her to the wall like he always did but this time it’s more awkward.

“Why aren’t you talking to me?” He asked but she did not answer and just said “Let go of me!” trying to dodge that look in his eyes.

“Is this about the guy in the carnival? Look I’m sorry, talk to me.” He tried again but still no response.

“Or is this about Suzy told you on the phone?” He asks again more eagerly than the last question.

He finally caught her attention as she looked back at him and caused him to step back and let go of her hand.

“Suzy and I, we talk to each other every day, every night so she tells me lots of stuff and you’re no—“

“When she said I like you!” Minho looked down and felt down. No one talked for a few seconds until Krystal said;

“Don’t worry, I think you’re just being protective, I just don’t want you to tell what to do and what not to do” She stated, breathing heavily.

                                                                                      

“Actually I’m kinda accepting that what she said is true”
“Minho-ssi, shrug off that thought, it won’t help” She said as she walked away.

Most of the time after that awkward conversation, he would ask her out

And most of the time she would reject him and would tell him how bad they would be if they end up together.

“You’re too tall for me!”

“You’re too nice”

“My ideal guy is someone who has short hair with muscular biceps, someone who’ll walk up to me and kiss me. Someone who’ll say “I love you too” without waiting for me to say I love you and you’re far from that”

“You and me, we’d make a bad couple, better stop asking me out”

“We’re after each other’s throat and I think I’ll be bad if we actually went out”

“I don’t like you and you don’t like me, let’s not fool ourselves”

Those were her normal excuses.

“Why don’t you ever give up?” She asks one day.

“This is the 74th time you asked me out” She added.

“Because this is the 74th time you rejected me” He answered.

“But actually I’m near giving up, Krystal, I’m leaving Korea” He stated as he turned.

“Just shut up.” Those were the last words she could say since the next morning he didn’t show up; instead he left a note saying that he already left.

She thought it was one of his jokes but days pass and he never showed up again.

__________________

 

“It wasn’t my fault right?” She asked Suzy who was staring at the horizon but she didn’t answer instead she started telling her own sob story.

“Last week Kai and I, We went biking at the park .We parked under the huge mango tree, sat there and talk about stuff.

We talked about family and stuff and he kept asking me stuff that I can’t answer properly

“What do you think of Krystal?” He asked.

“Krystal, she’s a nice person” Suzy smiled. “She’s can be a sometimes but that is like my sister and I love her” She answered.

“What about Minho hyung?” He asks again.

“Minho-ssi, he’s like a brother to me, very quiet but very protective.”

“What about me? What do you think of me?”

“You look like a nice guy, you’re a good friend and since I don’t know much about you I think that’s enough” She answered.

“What if I’m not the good guy, the good friend? What if I’m the bad person?” He asks but later on shrugs it off with another question. She was a little bit bothered about what the next question would be

“Do you by any chance like Sehun?”

Oh just perfect she thought.

“Sehun-ssi, he’s very timid, do we really have to talk about it?” She asks.

“Yes” he simply answer.

“Sehun he’s a very serious person, when we’re with Krystal it’s different we talk about school and stuff but when it’s just the two of us we talk about serious things, sometimes we don’t even talk just look at each other then I fall asleep in his shoulder.”

“So, do you like Sehun?” he asks again.

“Well, I like all of my friends but I’d like to keep Sehun close to me where we can talk about serious stuff, where I can touch his hand without feeling awkward. Where I could look at him closely and read his eyes, where we’re both comfortable and happy”

 

“Suzy, you never answered his question” Krystal butted in.

Suzy looked at her, her facial reaction is serious as she said;

“I like Sehun differently” She looked back at the horizon

“I love him so much”

 

________________

 

What do you think?