Officially Meeting

Strong

HER POV

 

It’s super early in the morning and I have been called in to help teach a high school class with Sori. She is a great teacher and wants her students to see a foreign perspective of Korea so I am helping her for the day. I look at my watch. 6:30. I’m already dressed and ready to go, but how do I kill time before being there at 7:30? “I guess I can always curl my hair or get coffee.” I pause. “Nah. Too lazy to do my hair.” So I throw it into a quick messy fishtail braid hanging to one side and slip on my red trench over my slouchy v-neck and black skinnies with red heeled boots (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=77902479) and head outside for some much needed coffee. “Should I go to the same café again? It’s not like he’ll be there again right?” I mumbled to myself and decided to go anyway. Once I arrived, I opened the door and walked in. The lights were off and no one was there. “I’m sorry! We’re not open yet!” I heard a man yell from the back in Korean. “A-ah! Chesonghamnida!” I turned to leave, but then I saw him coming from the back. Siwon. I hesitated leaving and his eyes went wide when he saw me. We stared at each other. I had my hand out for the mechanical door and it suddenly whizzed open, blowing all the cold wind and snow all over me. I took a couple steps back from the force of it. Surprised, he came over to help me. “Are you okay?” he asked in English. “Ne. Gwenchanayo.” He looked at me surprised. “You speak Korean?!” he asked me in Korean. I blushed. “Ne. I’ve been in language school for 6 months now. I don’t know everything, but enough to get by.” “Ah…” he nodded understandingly. We stood there awkwardly for a moment. “Do you want to sit down? I can make us some coffee!” He suddenly said making me jump. “A-ah. Sure. But I thought you weren’t open yet?” “I will open just for you.” I blushed. Then realizing what he said, he blushed and ushered me to a table near the warm kitchen. “He is so cute when he blushes. He is so cute when he does anything!” He came back with some regular drip coffee. “Sorry. I don’t really know how to work the espresso machine.” He rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. “So cute!” “It’s okay! I like all kinds of coffee.” He smiled and sat down.

 

HIS POV

 

“So…what is your name?” I am really hating myself for not being more serious with English studies when I was younger. “My name is --------.” What a beautiful name. So different from all the same Korean names I hear. “Do you know me?” A slow smile crept up her lips. “Yes. Yes I do. My friend is a big fan of Super Junior. She loves Kangin. I am a fan too. I really like your music." That made me feel happier than winning all the awards we had so far. “Who is your favorite of Super Junior?” She laughed. I bet she knew that question was coming. “Well you are the only one I have met so…” My heart. Oh, my heart. “Where are you from?” “I’m American. I am from Texas.” She smiled. That smile. I would do anything to see that smile everyday of my life. Her eyes. They smiled almost as beautifully as did. “Oh Texas!!! I know there!!” She giggled. So cute. “Yeah? Have you ever been to Texas?” “No. Only California and New York.” There was so much I wanted to ask her about, but I was worried my English was not good enough. “You can speak Korean if it makes you feel more comfortable. Please speak comfortably.” Beautiful and kind? This girl is getting better and better. “I will do that then…but then are you understanding my words?” She nodded one strong nod and spoke in Korean. “Ne. I worked really hard to learn in such a short time. I want to use it as much as I can.” I smiled. We talked for what seemed like hours until she looked at her watch and gasped. “Oh no! I’m late! I am supposed to help my friend with teaching her high school class today!” “Is there anything I can do to help?” She stood up and put her coat on preparing to leave. “It’s okay! I just need to catch the next bus. I will be okay.” I looked around. By now the employees had arrived and were setting up for the day, even serving a few early morning customers. A thought entered my mind. “Can I drive you there? My car is here and it will be quicker than the bus.” She looked like she was about to say no, but then I guess she figured I was right and agreed. I did a little victory dance in my head and we headed out to my Audi. When she saw the car, she stopped, wide eyed. “This is your car?” I smiled. “Yes. Pretty right?” Then she gave me a smirk as I opened the door for her and closed it behind her. This is the best morning of my life.