Strength

Strong

8 Months Later

HER POV

Siwon and I have been dating for 8 months already! Wow. It seems like time has really flown by. (or the author doesn't want to write 8 months worth of dating - :P) I can confidently say that I am completely in love and stupid for Choi Siwon. I met his parents during the second month of our relationship and they accepted me with love. I was really nervous to meet them. I didn't know how they would accept their only son dating an American girl, but they took it really well. They were actually excited to have a foreign "daughter-in-law" as they called me. They even insisted I call them Omma and Appa. I love them dearly. I even eat meals with them sometimes when Siwon is busy or out of town. Siwon's sister, Jiwon, and I have gotten along really well too. At first it was a little awkward because she didn't know how to act around me, but I told her to relax and we became fast friends. We hang out all the time. Sometimes I get to hang out with the Suju members. For Siwon's birthday, I went shopping with Donghae and Eunhyuk. Good God, they are fun. Siwon is my favorite though and for good reason. I am really happy with him. I can even say that I would want to marry him someday. We have only had 2 fights in 8 months and they were about stupid things. Like jealousy. He saw me hug a guy friend from lessons once and he got really upset.

(flashback)

"Siwon! I am telling you, there is nothing going on with me and him! He is just a friend!" I tried convicing him. "Then why were you hugging him?! It looked like more to me! I mean, do you even love me?! Am I just money to you?!" My eyes flashed with pain and welled up with tears. "How can you say that?! Of course I love you! You know I am not some kind of money hungry girl! Is that what you really think I am?!" He had tears in his eyes. My anger softened when I saw them. "Si Si~~...don't you know that in America, hugging is a sign of friendship? It doesn't mean what it means here. And I would love you even if you had no money or fame. You are more than the famous Choi Siwon. You are my Si." "I know that, but you just looked really happy with him." His face fell and he looked down. I closed the distance between us and hugged him. "Si~~. He and I are from the same city in America. I was just happy to have a taste of home. He is nothing more than that, I promise. Why would I cheat when I have someone as amazing as you? I would be very stupid." "Yes you would be." He pouted, but then smiled and returned my hug. "I just miss you when I'm overseas and cant see you. Then I come back and see you hugging another man. And I see comments online of fans saying you're only with me for my money. It was stupid to look at them. I overreacted. I'm sorry." "It's okay. I understand. And if it makes you feel better, I'll only hug you from now on." I gave him a peck on the lips. "Yes do that!" He laughed and held me closer. "And only listen to me and my heart from now on, no jealous fans!" He smiled and nodded and wiped his eyes and laughed.

(back to present)

The other misunderstanding was more my fault.

(flashback)

I was super emotional (ladies, I think you know why) and as I was browsing online I saw an article about Siwon. I clicked on it and it was a dating scandal with some Southeast Asian actess/model. "I shouldn't let it bother me. It just a fake rumor." I thought as I clicked out of it and shut my laptop. Siwon would be here in five minutes. I started to think outloud. "She's so beautiful though." I looked in the small mirror Sori had left on the table. "I'm not like her at all." It was a down day. I felt bloated, ugly, and emotional. I heard the door. Siwon's here. I got up and walked to the door and let him in. He had a smile on his face and pulled my favorite flowers from behind his back. "Jagiya, I got these for you." I smiled a small smile and took them and smelled them. "Thank you, they're beautiful." I turned to the kitchen to find a vase to put them in, but he noticed something was up. "Jagi...are you okay?" I said nothing because I knew if I spoke, I would cry. "Jagiya." He came up behind me and put his arms around me. "Tell me." He asked again. I shook my head no like a stubborn child. He turned me around and hugged me. It was then that my tears fell, but they fell silently. When he pulled back to say something, he was shocked to find my face wet with tears. "Yah! Why are you crying? What's wrong with my girl?" It took me a minute to get my words to come out. "Do...do you have another girl in Southeast Asia? I saw an article...it had pictures that looked pretty real..." I let go of him and walked to the living room while he stood there stunned. He blinked a few times and followed me. "Jagi, where did you come up with something like that?" I showed him the article. He laughed. "Are you laughing at me?! It's not funny!" I whined and wiped my eyes. Again, like a child. "You can't be serious! Rumors like this happen all the time! And not just to me! It happens to all celebrities!" I sniffed. "But she's so beautiful and you look so good together. I'm not like that. The fans were even happy to see you together!" He gave me a sweet look and took my hand. He then looked me in the eyes. "You are the most beautiful woman in the world to me. More than any other model or actress. I love YOU. Not anyone else. Who cares what the fans say? I don't live my life for them. You should never feel like you are not beautiful because you are. You are perfect for me. And I only see you." I smiled another small smile. He took my face in his hands and directed me to look at him. "Jagiya. Baby. Don't cry anymore okay? I get sad when you feel this way." He kissed me sweetly. I kissed him back. "You're mine forever." And he kissed me again.

(present)

He's the best. So perfect. I love him more and more every day. We haven't gone public with our relationship yet because we've seen how fans have reacted to other celebrity couples recently...not well. It's not that we're afraid of them, but it could really hurt Siwon and Super Junior's career if the fans knew. I could even be in danger if the sasaengs found out. We will tell the public eventually though. And I hope they react well. His company already knows, as do our parents and closest friends.

HIS POV

I looked at the picture in the email that was sent to the company. How did someone find out? My manager had called me and told me to get to the company as fast as possible. "Can you explain this to us?" He asked. "I-I can't. I'm sorry. I guess we weren't careful enough." It was a picture of me and -------- walking and holding hands in a parking garage. The photographer had even caught a kiss. "The girl who took these is threatening to go public. We think that you should reveal it first, but what do you want to do?" I sat there in the conference room chair and thought. I wanted to tell the entire world how much I loved --------, but I also wanted to protect her from fans who may disapprove. I felt bad about having to hide our love, but I would feel even worse if something happened to her. "How much time do we have?" I asked my manager. He and I were sitting in a room with some higher SM elders, my bosses. "We have until the end of the day." I looked at my watch. It was 9:04 in the morning. "Let me call her and have her come here and we can all figure it out together." "Do you want me to go pick her up?" My manager asked. "That would be great. Thanks, hyung." I dialed her number and he headed out to the vans.

"Hey, Si. What's up?"

"Something's come up. Can you come to SM?"

"Is everything okay?" She could sense the worry in my voice.

"Someone found out about us. She took pictures and is threatening to reveal us. You need to come here so we can talk about what to do."

"Oh my God. Then I'll come...man..." She paused. "What do we do, Si?"

"We'll talk when you get here, baby. I'm sorry it's happening this way. My manager is already on his way to pick you up."

"Okay..." She paused for a while that I thought she hung up.

"Babe?"

"I'm here. Sorry. I just....wow. I guess I'll be there soon, but remember when you told me that you didn't live for your fans? Remember that. But also don't forget how fragile their hearts are. Let's make a good decision. I'll see you soon, okay?"

This is why I love her. So wise. So calming. "I'll remember. I love you. Be safe, okay?"

"I will. I love you too."

And we hung up. The SM officials were still in the room. "How is she?" One of them asked. "I think she's a little scared. She's seen the hate mail and death threats that the other celebrity couples have gotten and she understands how the fans can be." "We'll have to keep a close eye on her for a while once the public knows, to make sure she is protected." Another chairman said. "I apologize for not being more careful, directors. It's my fault this is happening." I bowed my head. "It is okay, Siwon. We knew that eventually something like this could happen. You guys are young. And the longer a relationship remains hidden, the more chances there are of being discovered. Do not apologize for something that is out of your control. We understand." I stood and bowed to each of them. "Thank you so much. I will make good choices." It was then that -------- came into the room with manager hyung. I walked over to her and led her to the elders. She greeted them in Korean with a warm smile and bowed to each of them. "Well...I can see why Siwon likes her so much. What a pretty foreigner." An elder said. The others chuckled. -------- blushed. "I apologize for putting the company and Super Junior in this position." She said and bowed. "It's okay. Like we were just telling, Siwon. Things like this happen all the time. We just have to be smart about it and react well." She nodded and I led her to sit in the chair next to me. I spoke first. "I would like to reveal our relationship before it is revealed by anyone else." I looked at her and she nodded. "I trust you." She whispered and took my hand. "Alright," said the main director. "We'll release an official statement at noon today." He looked at my manager. "Prepare the necessary things for that." "Ne." And he walked out the door to do what he was told. The director then looked at us. "Prepare for a lot of angry messages and hate. Some fans won't tolerate your relationship and some could even be dangerous. Be careful when you are out. Especially when you are alone." He looked at --------. She nodded and responded. "Yes, sir." He nodded in agreement and looked at me. "Start preparing what you will say. Write it down and turn it in to one of us and we will include it in our company statement. Also..." he paused. That made me nervous. "Take care of her. She is going to need you." He told me. I looked at her and back at him. "Yes, sir." "Dismissed." He said and everyone but me and -------- got up to leave. Some elders came to -------- to be officially introduced and they showered her with compliments and meal invitations for us. Once they left I turned to her. "Are you sure about this?" I asked. She thought about it for a minute and nodded one nod. "Yes. I think it's time we reveal it." I pulled her in for a hug. "No matter what happens or how the fans react, I will take care of you." She nodded and buried her face in my chest. "I love you." She said. "I love you too."

(12pm - Official SM Entertainment Release)

"After some time discussing this, we want to officially announce that our Super Junior's Choi Siwon is in a relationship. We know that this may come as a shock, but he is very happy and we hope you will react with love and support for their successful relationship. They have been dating for eight months and are very happy together. His girlfriend is non-Korean and a non-celebrity. We ask that she be treated with respect and kindness from the fans and other Koreans. Included is a statement from Siwon:

"Hello ELF's. I am a very happy man to announce my relationship to you. Please do not be upset. ELF's are still in my heart too. I met my girlfriend eight months ago and we have been dating happily. Please support us and wish us good things. She really makes me very happy and I want give her happiness too. Please prove that you are the best fans in the world by showing her as much love as you show Super Junior. I love ELF's! Bless you. -Siwon"

Thank you for the support of Super Junior and all its members. Please continue to show your support and receive them well. Thank you."

HER POV

I read the entire statement three times. I hope the fans understand. I scrolled down a few articles posted on the matter and viewed the comments. Most of them were kind and supportive, some even really funny, but some...even though they were few, were threatening and vulgar and hateful. I tried to ignore them, but they angered me. "Who are they to say those things? They don't even know Siwon personally!! What claim do they have? It's not like they were ever going to be with him!" I humph and slammed my laptop closed. I was at home now and Sori had come home from work. I told her everything that had happened. She was just as angry when I told her about the mean comments. "What jealous little losers!" She yelled! "They can't treat you like that! I'll kill them all!" She swung her arm like she was punching people. I laughed. "I gotcho back, friend!" That made me laugh harder! This girl. What would I do without her. Speaking of Sori, she was in a relationship herself! Just...not with Kangin. They had met a few more times after that first time, but she discovered that he was not as interesting as she thought he would be. He felt the same. Plus, she didn't want a dramatic secret relationship where she couldn't tell anyone or show affection. She needed someone who could give her more than that. Kangin was respectful and agreed with her choice. I'm sure he'll find his own true love soon. Sori was dating a fellow teacher from the high school she taught at and things were going well. I had even met him and approved easily. He's really funny and great and most importantly, he cherished her! Perfect for my girl. We kept laughing as Sori made up scenarios of her defending me like a superhero would and then my phone rang. It was Siwon.

"Hey, love!"

"Hey! How are things going? Anything weird happen?"

"No. I just read some comments. Most of the fans are being really supportive! They really wanna know who I am. Haha. Only a few of the comments were mean. But they're jealous kids. They don't bother me."

"Good." He laughed. "I've seen the same things. I talked to the guys and they said they will be supportive publicly too. Once the fans hear their reactions to us, then they'll know it's a good thing and be happy too."

I smiled. "Good. I love you."

"I love you too. Wanna have dinner later? How about I bring something to your place? I'll bring enough for Sori too."

"That sounds great! But Sori is going to be with her boyfriend tonight."

"Okay. I'll bring a movie too and we can cuddle."

I giggled. He's so cute and aegyo-y sometimes. I love it. "Okay! I'll see you then, handsome man. Bye."

Sori made kissy faces at me. I punched her arm and laughed. "Ow! YAH! Do you wanna die by my hand?!" That only made me laugh harder. She raised her arm like she was going to hit me, but then laughed too. After rolling around and laughing for twenty minutes, she got up to get ready for her date. She asked me what my plans were and I told her Siwon was coming over with dinner and a movie. "Oh. That's smart! Staying indoors so people don't see. It would be too soon to be out and about." "Yeah, you're right." I agreed. She left for her date and not long after, Siwon arrived with Jajangmyeon and rice with the movie The Book of Eli. I'm not much of a chick flick girl and The Book of Eli is my favorite movie. "Hey, love! I'm glad you're here~!" I said and grabbed the food. "Hey! I'm glad to-. Yah. You're talking to the food aren't you?" I faked being offended. "GASP! How could you say tha-yes." He laughed. We took the food to the living room and made a small picnic area on the floor in front of the tv. Siwon even brought candles and wine to make it more special. He lit the candles and put them on the tables around the living room. There was a beautiful dark glow to the room with them lit. Then he poured us some wine. Before we drank he looked me in the eyes. "I am so happy to be with you. You make me happier than anyone else in the world. I love you." I smiled. This man is the best.

HIS POV

We ate our meal and when we were finished, we cuddled with our backs leaning on the couch. I could hold her in my arms forever. We were in a hugging position, with her head resting on my shoulder. I turned my head and kissed her on hers. "I love you." She returned the kiss, but on my lips instead. "I love you too." The kiss was so sweet. Sweeter than the wine. I kissed her slowly and passionately. Eventually, as we kept kissing, I slid my tongue into . She tasted so good. We were making out, soon it started becoming too hot. But I didn't want to stop. I leaned her back into the base of the couch as we were still on the floor and started kissing her neck. She leaned back and closed her eyes. "Siwon." She said, but I couldn't hear her. I was too focused on how delicious she was. "Siwon!" She said again, this time a little more firmly and lightly pushing me away. "We should be careful. I don't want it to go too far. Not until marriage, remember?" Ah, yes. That stupid promise I made when I was younger. She had made that promise too. She was right, though. It was a promise worth keeping and someday we'd be able to share that together. Within marriage. Like it was created to be. And it would be beautiful when that time came. But not for now. I loved her, but a promise to God is a promise that should never be broken. We both knew the value of that. "Sorry." I smiled, embarrassed. "It's okay." She said and we got up to clean up the dishes and empty wine glasses. "Want to watch the movie now?" She nodded and went to sit on the couch, pulling a soft blanket with her. I put the movie in, grabbed the remote, and sat on the couch next to her. "Yah. We should share!" She giggled and opened the blanket for me to slide under with her. I snuggled close and held her again to where she was laying on my chest. I pressed play to the movie and we watched it comfortably. Towards the end of the movie I peeked at her and noticed that she had fallen asleep. I wiggled a little to see if it would wake her. "Yah." I whispered. She didn't move. I breathed out and smiled. She is so cute and beautiful and y at the same time. As I watched her, I thought about our relationship. I could totally see myself marrying her and spending our lives together. I lifted my hand and brushed my fingers lightly over her features. My heart was so full from loving her. Everything I lacked, she filled. I want to be by her side forever. Suddenly, her phone started ringing loudly. "The one time it's not on vibrate..." She jumped and looked up sleepily. Cute. Then she grabbed her phone and answered it. "Hello?" She asked. I heard the voice on the other side. It sounded like Sori.

SORI POV

I called -------- to check up with her and ask her how her date was going. I wanted to a little bit while my boyfriend was in the bathroom. We had gone to the Lotte mall to spend time together and shop. I heard a sleepy hello when she answered. "Yah! Did you fall asleep?!" "Yes. We were watching a movie and got tired. My bad. How's the date going?" I scoffed. "I should be asking YOU that! I can't believe you're sleeping! You're dating Choi Siwon and you're falling asleep? Haha. My friend. Do I need to remind you how lucky you are?" She laughed. "Arasso, arasso. I'm hanging up. Go be with your man!" I laughed and hung up. I love messing with her. Oh! There's my boyfriend holding a stuffed bear! "For me?!" He nodded and I put my phone down on the bench next to me. I stood up and ran to him and hugged him. I didn't even notice that my phone wasn't there when I turned back around.