Final Chapter: The Rest of Our Lives

Strong

(*1 Year Later*)

HIS POV

I sighed as I sat. The photoshoot was finally over and I wanted to get home to --------. It had been an especially long and even irritating day and I wanted nothing more than to have my wife hold me and send my frustrations running away. My manager walked up. "Siwon, you're done for the day. We meet tomorrow morning at ten for your next schedule. It was originally at eight, but I called and asked them to move it later because I know you've been really busy and tired lately. I sighed again, this time out of gratitude. "Thanks, hyung. I really appreciate it." "No problem. Get some rest and spend time with --------." I nodded and he turned to leave. "Wait! Hyung! I forgot to tell you! -------- wants you and your wife over for dinner with us. Let's talk later about setting that up though." He nodded with a smile and left. I grabbed my bag and my cellphone, changed clothes, and left as well. I want to see my baby and cuddle all night long. Schedules had kept me from spending a lot of time with her.

HER POV

I smiled as I walked back to the car. The doctor was so kind and I was ecstatic. "A baby! Oh my God! I'm going to be a mother!" I thought to myself. My smile was so big and would not leave my face all the way home. I wondered how I should tell Siwon. I had a lot of ideas, but I ultimately decided to keep it simple. The doctor promised to keep the news completely private until I gave him the okay. I want Siwon to be the first person to know.

HIS POV

It was 8pm when I walked into the house. I threw my bag on the side bench by the door and called to my wife. "--------! Where are you?" I heard her call from the kitchen. "In here!" When I walked in, she was dressed simply. (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rLxJG3EvXNc/TT9jNDC2icI/AAAAAAAACh0/70F15BzPpitI/s320/sweats+in+pink+room.png) "I take it we're not going to go out for dinner?" She shook her head and smiled. She was holding a bowl and eating stuff inside it. I leaned over and took a peek. Trail mix? "I already ordered some food for us. It should be here any minute." I nodded and took her into my arms. She set the bowl aside on the counter and hugged me back. "Ah~. I needed this. I missed you." I held her and felt all my stress melt away. After a minute I let her go and we heard the doorbell. She picked up her bowl again and continued eating trail mix. "Yah. You're going to spoil our dinner if you keep eating that. Put it down!" I called behind me as I jogged to get the door. I took the food from the delivery man and paid him. When I walked back into the kitchen and put the food on the table, she was still eating the trail mix. "Yah!" I said with a laugh/scoff. "What did I tell you? Stop eating that and come eat this!" She just looked at me and smiled. "Why is she acting so strange today?" I walked over to her smiling. "Jagiya. Stop eating that." I pouted. She looked at me. "I can't. The baby likes it." I laughed, but then I really heard her words. I stopped laughing and my eyes went wide. A smile crept up my lips. "Ja-jagi...what did you say?" She set the bowl down again and spread her hands over her stomach, looking down at them. "The baby likes it, Si." She looked back up at me with tears in her eyes. Mine began to fill up too. "Jagiya...A baby? We're going to have a baby?" She nodded "Two months." A tear slipped from her eye. Immediately, I took her into my arms again and poured my love out to her. "A baby! Oh my God! I'm going to be a father!" I was crying, but I didn't care. I was so happy! We clung to each other for a few more minutes and then I pulled back to look at her. I took her face in my hands. "Jagiya. Thank you. I'm so happy! You're going to be a wonderful mother. Thank you. Thank you!" I leaned in and kissed her lips sweetly. Then I knelt down and lifted her shirt. "Yah, agi (baby)!" She laughed. "I am your father! Grow healthy and don't be difficult for your mother, hmm? I love you!" And I kissed her stomach. She just smiled, tears still streaming down her face. I wiped them for her and took her into my arms again. After a minute she sighed. "I'm hungry now." She said. I laughed. "And so it begins..." We laughed and headed to the table to eat dinner. When we were finished, I looked at her. So it was true what they say about pregnant women. She was glowing. She was even more beautiful. "Who should we tell first, your parents or mine?" I asked her. She looked at the time. "Well, since it's 9pm here, it's 7am there. I don't think they're awake yet. Let's tell your parents first." She held the sonogram photo like it was made of gold. I called my mother. "Omma! Can you and dad come over? Let's have coffee and treats." "Omo! I was just thinking about you! Yes we can come, do you want us there now?" "Yeah, can you be here soon?" "Sure. We'll head out right now, pick up some fruit, and be over soon." "Okay. See you soon." And I hung up. I joined -------- on the couch and she passed me the sonogram picture. I put my head in her lap and she my hair. "What did your mom say?" She asked. "They'll both be over soon." I smiled back. I looked at the picture in my hands. The baby was only a tiny ball, but already I was totally in love. I it. "Jagiya...we're going to be parents." She nodded, smiling. "We're going to be great parents." I rolled over and propped myself up on my elbows, facing her. "I love you so much." "I love you too." We talked more about our plans and things we would need to do when we were interrupted by the doorbell. "Oh, that's them." I said as I got up to get the door. -------- hid the picture under a book on the side table and followed me. We opened the door and let them in, greeting them with hugs and affection. "I brought fruit!" Omma said. "Great! Let me take it and I will cut it for us! Would you like anything to drink? Coffee? Water? Just follow Siwon to the living room and I'll bring everything in!" "Aigoo~~ such a good wife." My parents cooed. We sat down and ten minutes later, -------- came in with the fruits cut up and went back in the kitchen to bring coffee and water. She sat down and we all chatted and made small talk for a while until we reached a quiet moment. -------- and I shared a look. My father saw it. "What is it? What's going on?" I smiled. "Well, we just wanted to let you guys know...." -------- finished the sentence. "You're going to be grandparents!" It took them a second, but then they freaked out with happiness! My mom ran to -------- and hugged the mess out of her, tears streaming down her face. My father came to me and gave me a warm hug and a congratulations. They were so happy. It was a good night. After another hour of talking and planning, ------- was about to pass out. "Aigoo, she's so worn out already. I remember being so tired all the time when I was pregnant." My mom told me. "We'll go. Put her to bed and," My father gave me a serious expression. "Take even more care of her, Siwon. You've been a good man and a good husband. Now it's time to be a good father." I nodded. Great words of wisdom from the man who raised me. They left and I turned around to find -------- totally passed out on the couch. I smiled. "My beautiful pregnant wife." I took her in my arms and carried her to our room. I set her down on the bed and kissed her forehead. Then I got ready for bed and joined her in her sleep.

HER POV

(*7 Months Later*)

We were sitting on the couch and I was flipping through the channels on tv while Siwon was reading something. I stopped flipping when I saw Running Man and I continued to watch it. Every once in a while, I'd laugh and he'd join me if he heard something funny. "Jagiya, you really love this show, huh?" I nodded and laughed at something else that was really funny. When a commercial aired, I got up and walked to the kitchen for some water. When I reached up to open the cabinet, a sharp pain ran across my belly. "Ow. What the-?" Siwon must've heard me. He called from the living room. "Babe? You okay?" "Yeah!" I called back, figuring I must've just stretched weird when I reached for the cabinet. I stood there and rubbed my stomach just to be sure. It had gotten so big. "I'm not due for another two weeks, I'm sure it's nothing." I thought. Suddenly, another sharp pain. I groaned and felt my water break. I breathed heavily and gasped. "Si-si-Siwon!" I called. He rushed in so fast. "What? What is it? Are you okay?!" He saw the look on my face and knew instantly what was going on. He took my hand and led me to the living room. "Okay! Okayokayokay! I'll get the hospital bag and your things! You stay here! I'll get everything!" I stood there nodding. I was so nervous. I rubbed my stomach, just waiting for Siwon. He came back after 2 minutes with everything and we headed out the door. He was so freaked out, poor guy, he was skittish and nervous. I stopped walking and he turned to me. "Siwon. Calm down. It's going to be okay. We'll get there in time and everything will be fine. Just calm down. You're making me nervous by being like that." He sighed and apologized. "I'm sorry. I'm just really nervous. I'll calm down." I took his hand and squeezed it. "Let's go get ready for our child." He smiled and helped me into the car. We got to the hospital really quickly. By the time we got there, the pain had gotten worse, but not completely horrible. It came in waves every 10 minutes. We got out of the car, Siwon grabbing the bags, and we headed inside. Siwon told the nurse at the desk what was happening and soon a doctor came out with a wheelchair. I was pretty calm at this point, knowing what to expect. I sat in the wheelchair and we were off to the room to get hooked up and ready. After 30 minutes, we were set and ready. All that was left now was waiting. At one point, the pain got extremely bad and Siwon called the doctor. "Hmm..." the doctor said. "It looks like you'll need an epidural early. We'll get that in you soon." I nodded and Siwon wiped some tears that had fallen on my face. "I'm so sorry you have to go through it like this. I love you. It will be over soon and we'll have our little baby." He took my hands and squeezed them. Then he pulled out his phone and called his parents, mine, Sori, and Suju letting them all know the news. Soon, everyone was here except my parents. Since the baby wasn't due for another two weeks when they were going to fly in, they couldn't be there. But it was okay. I was still surrounded by my loved ones. Sori came in with her husband. That's right. She married her boyfriend and they had just gotten back from their honeymoon two weeks ago. "Chingu-ya! I'm so happy for you! How do you feel?" As we chatted, the Suju members started arriving and giving their congratulations. Omma and Appa were already preparing things for the delivery and after birth. The room was full of people. At first it was nice, but then a contraction hit and my face crumpled in pain. Siwon came to my side again and took my hand. "Jagi. Just breathe. Do you want some water? Ice?" Everyone was asking me questions. "Dongsaeng, can I help you? What do you need?" It was all overwhelming. The doctor came in and saw the look on my face. "Okay! Everyone except the parents, out!" They all left, wishing us luck and promising to stick around until the baby was born. I smiled gratefully at the doctor. "Thank you." He nodded and came to check my progress. "How's the pain?" He asked. "It's not as bad, but it feels really close together." He nodded again. "It looks like you'll be ready for delivery in another half hour." He put the sheet back down and patted my arm. "Almost time." He smiled and left. The nurses came in to prep you. Soon, as if 30 minutes flew by, it was time to deliver. Siwon took your hand and you were wheeled to the delivery room. "Wait! Can I ask something really important to me?" The doctor nodded. "Can Siwon sit behind me and help me? I know it's weird, but they do it in America and it would really comfort me." The doctor and nurses hesitated for a moment, but then he nodded his head and called for a blue gown for Siwon to wear over his clothes. He put it on when it came, took his shoes off, and got up behind me as I leaned forward to give him space. When he was situated, I leaned back against him. It felt so safe and comforting to have him behind me. He held my shoulders and kissed my cheek. "Ready?" He whispered. I nodded. And it was time to bring our baby into the world.

HIS POV

When she asked if I could sit behind her, I was kind of relieved. I was wanting a better way to comfort her than just holding her hand. The delivery took about 30 minutes. I felt so bad that she was in this kind of pain, but I knew that it was normal and necessary. I was there the whole time, comforting her and helping her push. Then it happened. Our child was born. There is nothing that will ever compare to the sound of my child's first cry. It was the most beautiful thing. The doctor showed us the baby. A boy. I have a son. My eyes filled with tears and I kissed --------'s head. "We have a son, --------. We have a boy." She sighed in relief and smiled. The nurses took him to clean him off. "Good job, baby. You did amazing and you still look beautiful. I love you." I kissed her lips. Then they cleaned her up and brought the baby over. The nurse placed him in --------'s arms and I had the perfect view from behind her. He was beautiful. He looked both Korean and a little bit American. He had my eyes from when I was a baby. He was so precious. From behind --------, I his head. So soft. He was so perfect. The doctors and nurses left the room and my parents walked in. As soon as they saw him, they oohed and awwed and cried tears of joy. They each held him and we all took pictures together. Then the Suju members began to walk in and each of them were so excited to be "uncles." They even argued who the baby would like the most. Sori and her husband came in as well and got to hold our sweet little boy. "You're next." -------- joked with her. She laughed. "Not just yet!" and passed the baby to Donghae. Each of the guys got to hold him, but he started to cry after a while. "Someone is hungry! He must have a good, healthy appetite like his uncle Shindongie." Shindong joked and passed him back to --------. They cleared the room to give us some privacy and -------- began to feed our boy. I her hair and kissed her. "What should we name him?" I asked. She thought for a moment then answered. "I want him to have both an English and Korean name. Ones everyone can pronounce. How about Joon for the English name?" I nodded. "I love it." I kissed her again. "How about....Joon Young for the Korean name?" She thought again for a moment. "I like Joon Young." She smiled. "It's a good Korean name. And your family will be able to say it." I smiled and looked at our Joon Young-ie. I made faces and he smiled. I got out from behind -------- and stood next to the bed to give her more room to rest. She handed me Joon and I held him in my arms for the first time. "Ah~~ so this is what it feels like to be a father." He was so precious and perfect. I cradled him gently and then heard a click. I looked over at --------, who had taken a picture. She smiled brightly and I returned a smile back. "I'm going to rest a little. I'm so tired." She said. I nodded, not looking away from Joon. He looked up at me with big bright eyes. So it's also true what they say about mixed babies. He had big American eyes, but they still looked Korean. He was beautiful and I could never get enough of him. "My son." I cooed. "Joon-ah! It's me! Appa!" He smiled and I melted. He was falling asleep now. I looked at -------- and noticed that she had fallen asleep as well. I knew she must be exhausted. I took Joon with me and we sat in a chair by the window. I could stare at him forever. I vowed then and there that I would always take care of my son and wife and any other kids we may have forever. We were a family. And nothing was ever going to change that. I got up and walked to the bed with Joon still in my arms. I cuddled next to -------- with Joon in between us and fell asleep with my beautiful wife and son.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: THE END!!!!! Ah~~ it took me forever to write this and now it's finally over! I hope I conveyed it well! I for one have never had a baby nor have I had so I hope the last chapter wasn't too horribly awkward like I'm terrified my wedding night will be. Haha. Thanks for sticking with the story! I will probably stick to writing oneshots from now on since they are just so much easier to write and I can be more creative with them without having to follow a story. Anywho, thanks a lot!