Beauty

Strong

HER POV

 

As soon as I stepped outside I was grateful for the last minute hat/scarf decision. The wind was biting cold and my nose and cheeks instantly became rosy and frozen. I walked quickly in the direction of the coffee shop careful not to slip on ice patches as I went. After what seemed like a gajillion years, I arrived and waved to my other foreign friends as I walked in. I shook off the snow that had gathered on my shoulders and boots and unwrapped the scarf from around my neck. My long blonde hair with loose curls toward the end shook loose and fell over my shoulders. I then ordered a hot mocha latte without whip cream…I hate the gooey texture…and joined my friends in the corner of the shop by the front windows for some fun language talk.

 

HIS POV

 

 I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in my life. It was like slow motion as she took off her scarf and shook the snow off of her shoulders. Her hair was so golden and fell softly around her shoulders and I wanted to feel the silkiness of it more than anything in the world. Her blue eyes sparkled like stars in the darkest night and her smile lit up the room. Was the room so dark before? Somehow it seemed like she had brought sunshine in with her as she entered. I watched her as she ordered her drink and joined some other foreigners in the front corner of the café. I wanted so badly to talk to her. But how? An idea formed in my head…ah! Yes! I am the owner of the place! It wouldn’t be weird to walk up to some foreigners and ask how their experience is… right? I stared at her for a while. They were working on something…Korean? Finally, I decided to be a man and go over and introduce myself. I shook off my nerves and walked over.

 

“Hello! How is everything going here?” I said in my broken English. Why didn’t I study English more in high school?! “My name is Choi Siwon and I am the owner of the café.” I looked at her as they looked up and smiled. Some even recognized me, but my eyes were focused on her the whole time. Then she spoke. “Things are great! We love this coffee shop and come here all the time for our language discussions. Thank you!” Her voice. Good Heavenly God Almighty, her voice. It was sweeter than honey and smoother than the finest of wines. I stared at her and smiled. I’m not sure I even heard what she said…when the other girls giggled and she blushed, I snapped back to reality knowing I had been caught. “I-I’m sorry.” I stammered, embarrassed and turning red. “I hope you all enjoy here. I will go and let you learn. Hwaiting!” I let out an awkward laugh and quickly turned and walked away as fast as I could. “Oh my God. Oh my God. That was the most embarrassing thing I have ever been through. Why am I like this? I’m never like this! I’m Choi Siwon! I am around beautiful women all the time! What is wrong with me? Hwaiting?! WHAT THE HELL?!” A million thoughts ran through my mind as I finished up my work there and began to prepare to leave. I looked over at their table once more and it looked like the girls were back to their studying, but she looked up and around until she noticed me standing behind the counter and smiled. Her eyes. Her smile. My heart started beating faster than it had ever done before and there were butterflies in my stomach. I smiled back. “How can someone be so breathtakingly beautiful?”