Love

Strong

HER POV

I heard people rushing around me and speaking really fast. "What has happened? Why can't I see anything?" I willed my eyes to open, but they refused to obey me. "I'm so tired...." I felt my body being lifted onto something and then we were moving. Who was pushing me? My body felt numb. Not like it was paralyzed, but like it was tingling, like an out-of-body experience. I was cold. Where is Siwon? Sori? Omma? I felt a hand squeeze mine. "I'm scared, Oppa." Almost as if this person knew what I was thinking, my hand was squeezed again. Do I hear crying? Even though my eyes were closed and I was too tired to open them, two single tears escaped my eyes and rolled down the sides to my hair. "I'm so tired..."

HIS POV

I saw the tears come from her eyes. We were rolling her on a guerney to the ambulance. I held her hand and squeezed it. Was she awake? Was she in pain? My tears had never stopped and I followed the EMT's to the ambulance, got in with them, and they shut the door behind me. I was pushed to the front corner of the area towards the driver while they worked on her. They ripped her shirt open and connected all these wires and tubes to her. I looked away, knowing I should respect her privacy, but also wanting to hide the fresh tears that were falling as my face crumpled in pain. It hurt my heart so bad to see her like this. She was still covered in blood and her hair was strewn in a mess. Her clothes were torn and her skin was pale. I have never been so scared in my entire life. I prayed the entire time we drove to the hospital. When we got there, the EMT's jumped out and rushed her inside. I followed them until they hit a door that said "RESTRICTED ACCESS. MEDICAL PERSONEL ONLY." I would have gone with them, but the nurses stopped me. "Sir. You can't go back there. We have a private area for you. Please wait there." My eyes never left -------- until they turned a corner and the doors closed in front of me. I sank to my knees as more tears spilled. "Please God. Please help her come back to me." I sobbed. I felt my mother's arms come around me. Her and Sori must have arrived. I turned and faced her and she brought me into her arms again. I sobbed like a little boy. "Shh shh." She whispered. "Omma is here. It's okay." She rubbed my head. "Aigoo, my dear children." She was crying too. After a minute, she pulled back. "We'll do no good here. I called ahead and they have a private room she will be in once they are done. Let's go wait there." I nodded. Then I looked over and saw Sori slumped in a chair, staring at the floor like she was in shock. Her eyes were dry, but they were swollen. She looked horrible. I called her name. "Sori." Nothing. I called a little louder. "Sori-ssi." She blinked and looked up at me. When her eyes met mine, they filled with tears again. "Oppa...what if I lose her?" Her face crumpled and I helped her stand. As an older brother would, I looped my arm over her shoulder and we walked to the private room, along the way giving her words of comfort. "She'll be okay. She'll be okay." I whispered. When we got to the room, a doctor was waiting for us. I let go of Sori and rushed over to him. "How is she?!" I blurted. He looked at me with pity. "No......not pity." He opened his mouth to speak. "She's going to be okay, but..." "Tell me!!" I shook him. My mother placed a hand on my shoulder. "Siwon-ah. Be calm." I let go of the doctor and apologized. He cleared his throat. "Like I was saying, she is going to be okay...but there is a long recovery process ahead of her. For now, she is stable. She has a broken leg, a broken hip, and a broken cheekbone. Her other hip is dislocated and she has other minor cuts and scrape injuries, but we managed to control her internal bleeding. She has not woken up yet, but we are needing to know if she has any allergies. Because she is an American, we don't know her records or if it is okay to even medicate her yet. Right now that's not a problem because she has not woken up yet, but we fear that she will be in an immense amount of pain when she does wake up. For now, we have standard pain killers in her, but we don't know how bad it will be for her. Can you contact any of her relatives that may know her records?" I took a step back and leaned against the wall. I sighed. She was going to be okay...but....in so much pain. "My poor baby." I looked at the doctor. "I can call her parents and get that information to you soon." He nodded. I walked over to the chairs on the other side of the room and pulled out --------'s phone that I had picked up from the street. The doctor said a few more words to Sori and my mother and then left the room. I looked at the phone. It was scratched all over. I ran my fingers over the scratches and remember the whole thing. My eyes welled up again. "Siwon-ah." My mother called. I turned around and headed for the door. "I'll call them in the hallway." I said and closed the door behind me. I looked through her phone and saw the number for her mother. I clicked it and held it up to my ear. It started ringing.

"Hey, sweety!"

I froze. How do I even tell them?

"Hello? --------?"

I stuttered when I spoke. "He-hello. This is Siwon."

"Oh? Well hello Siwon! How are you?" She tried to sound friendly, but I think she knew something had happened. -------- always said her mother was highly intuitive.

I sighed. I had no idea how to tell them. Especially in my broken English.

"Uh..uhm. Something happened. -------- hit by a car." The sentence took a while to come out because I was searching for the right words.

I heard her gasp. "Oh...oh m- is she okay? What happened?" She sounded panicked. What do I tell her?! My psycho fan ran her down?! Sori came out of the room. I quickly handed her the phone. She took it confused. She put it up to her ear. "Hello?" Once she realized who it was, she began explaining the situation in English. Thank God for her English. "She's going to be okay, ma'am. Did she by any chance tell you about the threats from Siwon's fan?" She paused and nodded. "Yes, it was her. She hit her with a car. So far, the doctors say she has broken bones and minor cuts and injuries. They managed to stabilize her, but they need to know if she has any allergies or anything so they can medicate her before she wake up." She paced and listened, occassionally nodding her head. I watched the whole thing. "Uh huh. So she's not allergic to anything? Alright thank you Mrs. --------! We'll call you again later with an update." She hung up and turned to me. "She has no allergies." All of a sudden we heard screaming. My eyes went wide and I burst into the private room. They had moved -------- here while I was in the hall. I looked at her and realized the screams were coming from her. They were loud and agonized, but she wasn't moving. Tears were spilling from the sides of her eyes and her face was scrunched in pain. I whimpered in fear. The doctors and nurses buzzed around her, hooking her up to all of these medical machines. "Give her something! Can't you see she's in pain?!" I screamed at them. Sori told the doctor the allergy news and he nodded, immediately grabbing a seringe and injecting something into her IV. After 30 seconds, she began calming down. Her screams stopped, but she was still whimpering. She looked like a sad, injured puppy. I didn't realize I was crying again until my mother stood next to me and held me. My eyes were wide and tortured. Soon -------- was asleep again. The doctors and nurses did some more medical things and then left the room. The doctor was the only one who remained. "She's in stable condition again. What you just saw was our fear of her waking up in pain. Luckily, we gave her that medication in time. She'll be asleep for a few hours. Let me know if anything happens or if you have any questions." We nodded and he left the room. The police came in when the doctor went out and I sighed. I had no energy to speak with them right now. I pulled a chair up next to --------'s bed and sat down, taking her hand in mine. I said nothing. My mother took the hint and went to speak with them. Sori followed her. I sat there for hours it felt like, but when I looked at my watch, I realized it had only been one and a half. Sori, who had come back earlier, shifted uncomfortably, but then stood up and looked at me. "I'm going to call her parents and give them an update." I nodded and she walked out to the hallway. "I'm going to get some coffee. Do you want some, sweety?" I nodded. "Thanks, mom." Then I was left alone in the room with --------. I watched her heart monitor beep. The steady rise and fall of her chest. The drip of her IV. "--------..." My voice quivered. "Come back to me soon, hmm?" I leaned forward and took her hand in both of mine. (http://orshilove.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/21052012-siwon-crying.jpg) "Don't leave me here alone, okay?" My mind flashed back to the scene of the accident.

(flashback)

I was holding her in my arms and rocking her, tears pouring down my face. Then I felt her move. I looked down at her and was shocked. "--------?! --------!! Can you hear me?!" She opened her eyes only a little and looked up at me. More tears came. Then she gave me a small smile at the corners of . I laughed lightly, but was still crying. "Yah. Why are you smiling? Pabo. There is nothing to smile about." She ignored me and kept smiling. Then she looked up past me. Confused, I looked behind me. What was she looking at? I looked back at her and even in the horrible situation, her eyes were sparkling. Her eyes literally sparkled. And then she closed them. That was the last thing I saw of her before she was unconscious again.

(present)

I held her hand and squeezed it, remembering that moment. "I need to ask her about that when she wakes up." I was getting tired so I rested my head on the bed and closed my eyes for some sleep. We had been there for six hours already and it was close to 2 in the morning. My phone buzzed and I looked at it. It was my manager. "Don't worry about schedules for the next few days. I've told the members what happened and also the media. We will take care of things here." I smiled for having such a great man as my manager. I put my phone on the side table and rested my head on my arms again, still holding --------'s hand. And I fell asleep like that.

HER POV

I slowly opened my eyes. I smelled coffee. The only lights on were dim. I looked around the room and agjusted my eyes. "Ugh. My head hurts so bad." I looked over to my side. Siwon was resting his head on the bed and holding my hand. I tried to smile, but it hurt so I closed my eyes and grimaced. I looked to the other side so slowly, I was barely noticeable. Omma reading her Bible with a steaming cup of coffee on the side table next to her. I looked past her. Sori was asleep too, covered with a blanket. I slowly moved my head again, and Omma noticed me. She jumped up. "Yah, Siwon-ah! She's awake!" He lifted his head startled, and looked at me. When he saw my eyes were open he sighed in relief and kissed me all over my face. I gave a weak smile. "How are you feeling?" he asked. I closed my eyes and shook my head. "Do you want some water?" Sori, who had also woken up, asked me. I slowly nodded. Water sounded amazing. She left to the side area of the room and poured a glass and added a straw. She came back and held it to my lips. Slowly, I opened my mouth and took the straw, drinking the water carefully. It hurt the whole time. It hurt to swallow. It hurt to do anything. After three or four sips, I turned my head. She set the water on the side table. "Can you speak, sweety?" They all watched me. I opened my mouth and tried to push out words, but all that came was air. I stopped and tried again. "It's okay, baby. It's okay. We'll try later." I nodded. "Oh, I need to call your father, Siwon and tell him --------'s awake! I'll be right back." She kissed my forehead and left the room. I smiled weakly again. My eyes then landed on Sori's. I closed my eyes and nodded too her, trying to signal that I was really okay. She smiled and patted my arm. "Welcome back, chingu." I looked back at Siwon and looked him in the eyes. I tried my best to convey how much I missed him, but I didn't think he understood until he said "I missed you, too." I smiled again at how perfect we were for each other and he lowered himself closer to me, kissing my lips gently. I kissed him back and even moved my arm to touch his face. Then they sat down and Siwon explained everything that happened to me. I only nodded. My heart broke to realize that my fear had come true. She had hurt me. But even more than for the situation, my heart broke for her. It was so sad that she had gone that far, just because of her obsession. Tears fell from my eyes. I actually felt sorry for her. I understood her love for Siwon, but that would never justify what she did. "The police are still looking for her. I'm sure they'll find her soon." Sori squeezed my hand and Siwon wiped away my tears. The doctor came in followed by Siwon's parents, both of them. I smiled when I saw them. His father walked to me immediately and squeezed my hands, tears filling his eyes. "Thank you, Lord." He kept whispering. "Thank you." The doctor spoke up. "How are you feeling, --------?" I nodded and tried to speak again. My voice was very rough and scratchy. "I've been better." Everyone chuckled. He smiled and responded. "Your voice should be back soon, it's been a long night for you. Are you in pain or uncomfortable anywhere?" I nodded and pointed to my head. "You have a headache?" He asked. I nodded again. "I'll get the nurses to bring you some more medicine for that." He smiled. Then he turned to Siwon and his parents. "She'll need to stay here for a few more days before she can be released. Since her leg and hip are broken, she'll need to be in a wheelchair for a while and she shouldn't be walking for at least four weeks. She'll need rehability training five days a week after that. I know it's a lot, but it's all in order for her to heal correctly." They all nodded. "Anything to get her comfortable and back to normal. We will pay for it." Siwon's father told him. My head shot up at that. Siwon took my hand and sat on the edge of the bed. The doctor nodded and turned to me. "Alright, --------. I assume you heard all of that." I nodded. He smiled. "Then you will need to be very careful for a while. If you ever feel tired or sore, then listen to your body and rest. The faster you obey my orders, the faster you will get better." I smiled and nodded. "Okay then, I will be back later to check on you. You'll be here for about two more days so we can watch your healing. Get lots of rest and be happy. The worst is over." He turned and left the room. I looked at Siwon's father and tried to speak clearly. "You don't have to pay for the treatments and rehabilitation. It's too much." I told him. I felt bad that they were going to spend that kind of money on me. "Yah!" He said sternly. It scared me a little. I lowered my head. "Do not say such things. You are like my own daughter and I will see to it that you are in the best care. That's final." I nodded slowly, grateful to have such a caring man in my life. I looked up and looked them both in the eyes. "Thank you. I'm so lucky to have you." They smiled. "Your voice is sounding better." Siwon said. "I know. It feels better and better the more I speak." He smiled. "Are you hungry?" Omma asked. I nodded. "I could eat, but I'd like something small and plain please." She nodded. "We will go get food and a change of clothes for you and Siwon. Sori, come with us. You need some rest and washing up too." Sori nodded and joined Siwon's parents and followed them out the door. "Be back in a bit!" They called as they left. Siwon and I were left alone. We were quiet for a while and he sat on the bed next to me, holding me gently. "I bet the news of this is going crazy in the media, huh?" I asked. "Actually, I haven't watched anything yet. I have gotten lots of calls and text messages though. Should we check the news now?" He reached for the remote and the tv near the bed. He flipped through a few channels before he stopped on a news station. We watched for a while as the newscasters covered other, less important stories. Then a picture of the scene of the accident popped up in the corner and they began talking about me and the attack. It surprised me how little I remembered of it. I barely even remember seeing the car coming at me. "We must warn you, the pictures you are about to see are graphic and may be disturbing to some viewers." The pictures they showed were sent in by witnesses on the street. They broke my heart. They showed Siwon kneeling in the middle of the road, holding what must have been me, crying and looking around in panic. He looked like he was even screaming in some of them. There was blood everywhere. Siwon buried his face in my neck and shoulder, not wanting to re-live it. I tapped him when the pictures were gone and he looked back up. "Police are still investigating and in search of the attacker. SM Entertainment had this to say:

"Hello, this is SM Entertainment speaking on behalf of the tragic attack on Siwon's girlfriend. We have proof that it is a distraught, angry fan who is causing this trouble and once she is found, we will take all necessary legal activity against her. If you have any information, please let the police know. Thank you to those who have supported Siwon and his relationship in the past. We ask that you continue to support them through her healing. Thank you."

The newscasters continued. "In regards to Siwon's girlfriend, she is currently in the hospital and is said to recover soon. On behalf of (news station name), we wish her a quicky and healthy recovery." They ended the story there. "Well that was nice of them." I said to Siwon with a smile. "They don't even know me and they want me to feel better." Siwon smiled. "That's not it though." I was confused. "I got a call from my manager and there is fanmail that is already coming in addressed to you saying Get Well and We Support You." I smiled brightly. "How touching. The fans support me." I yawned. "Aww, babe do you want to sleep more? I can stay and rest with you." I nodded and scoot over very carefully so I would not be in pain. Then I patted the area next to me. "Jagiya, I can sleep in the chair. I don't want you to be uncomfortable." I pouted and pointed firmly to the spot next to me. He raised his hands in surrender and laid down on the bed next to me. He put his arms around me. We fit perfectly. And it was comfortable. "I love you, --------." "I love you too, Si." He was quiet for a moment then spoke quietly, his eyes still closed. "Hey, can I ask you a question? I'm not even sure you'll remember, but I want to ask it anyway." I nodded. "Back when it happened and I was holding you in the street, you opened your eyes and looked up at me. You even smiled a little. I thought I was seeing things. Then you look up past me and your smile got bigger and your eyes sparkled. They literally looked like they were sparkling. Even in that situation. What..." He paused. "What were you looking at?" I smiled. I wondered if I should tell him or not, but decided he should hear it. "I was looking at an angel that was standing with us."