Signature Cake

Can't Wait Anymore... (Sequel of: Seven Years)

 

"Are you excited?" Himchan asked as he was unlocking the locks at the bottom of the metal shuttle. It has been 2 months after we decided to rent the shop. After a month of renovation and a month long of preparation, we have finally complete the project and were ready to start business the next day onwards. 

"Yes, I am, very." I replied, gently trembling from the inside as my heart was filled with excitement. 

Himchan pushed up the shuttle and it's pitch black in the shop. We entred and switched on the lights, surrounded by empty counter, empty display shelves. But definitely not our heart. 

"Let's go!" Himchan wrapped his hand around my waist and we proceed into the kitchen. 

 

                                           

 

"Whoa!!" I dashed into the kitchen, all the equipment were new. I looked around, checking everything out. "Oppa.." I turned and Himchan was watching me, crossing his hands, smiling proudly. "Wait.." I looked at the smiling Himchan. "I thought.. I told you to get secondhand ones, to save money!" I frowned instead. 

Himchan slowly came over, pouting. "But I thought that our chef will be more confident this way, no?" 

"Oppa.." I was speechless. "But we are running a business, we shouldn't be spending so much.." 

"I know, but for you, I am willing." Himchan turned me around and rested his forehead on mine. "One last time, okay?" He comforted. 

I nodded. "So the most childish Boss in the world, are you going to help or what?" I asked and directed my eyes the the cartons of ingredients. 

"Nope." He bounced off, "I am going to watch my mature little wife do her job." He stepped aside, squinted his eyes and crossed his hands. 

I glared at him, "Seriously?" 

He nodded, "Very serious." And then squinted harder. 

"Hate chu~" I sang and went to open the nearest carton. I counted to 3 mentally and turned, "Are you...!" Himchan was right in front of me, I could feel his breath on my nose. I pushed him away with a packet of flour on my hand. "You scared me!" Blushing, real badly. 

"Are you scared.. Or just..." Himchan leaned forward, "Shy?" He whispered. 

I backed off, "Let's get started!" I raised my voice a little. In my fastest speed, I turned around and packed the ingredients. 

"Mi Ki ah, I will come back and help, I go out for a short while.." He chuckled and left. 

I took a deep breath, "Okay~" I bet he didn't hear it. 

 

"I am back!!" The bells on the door tings, "Mi Ki~" He sang at the kitchen door, "Do you know what I got?" He waved with a paper bag on his hand. 

I stopped sifting the flour and looked up at him, "What is that?" 

He opened and took out 2 big pieces of cloth. "Ta-ta-dah-dahhhhh~" He tidied them. Two white aprons with thin brown vertical strips, both were saying 'Seven Years Bakery Cafe' but different font colour. One was in black, another one in red. "Our very own apron!" Then he showed the pocket area, the black one says 'Boss' while another on said 'Ladyboss'. 

I took it over, "This is so pretty!!" 

"And food is over there.." He came over, put it on for me and then himself. "Let's get started then, so, chef, how do you want me to help?" 

"Well.. Unfortunately, I have done all the work myself, maybe you should clean the shop?" I said. "Just kidding! Cut the strawberries there and leave me alone maybe?" I joked. 

"Aish! How dare you~" He put his hands on his waist, "Bad girl!"

"Ah~ I am just kidding" I poked his cheeks. 'What is wrong with you?" 

He laughed out really loud, "I am so childish recently." and went to the side for his strawberries. 

 

Half a day passed by and all the bread and cakes were done. 

 

"You have not tell me the name of this.." Himchan took out the chilled Strawberry Tiramisu and smell it. "Mmm~" He giggled after that. 

"Name? Childhood Kiss." I said as I took out another tray. "Childhood Kiss." I said again. I arranged the place, and stared at Himchan. "Hey?" He looked lost. 

"Mi Ki ah..." He blinked and put the tray of cakes down. "Nice one! I like it~ I like childhood kiss!" He hugged me. I stayed in spot, stunted. He sobs, "You actually remember that story! I thought you didn't really care about it.." 

"You underestimated me, I remember everything you said." I put down the cakes and hugged him back. "I think, we should get back to work?" I patted his back, "Oppa.." 

"Um. Just a little while.." He tightened the embrace, "Mi Ki, I will make tomorrow the best day ever." 

 

 

 

*SURPRISE!!*