Childhood Stories - I

Can't Wait Anymore... (Sequel of: Seven Years)

                                                  

"Now Oppa~ Before we onboard the plane, we have 2 hours to chill here.. So pleaseeeeee tell me about your childhood~" I 'begged' as we were waiting to depart from South Korea, back to New Zealand for my Graduation. Both hands grabbing my iced latte, forcing my eyes like how puppies do. 

Himchan let out a gentle laugh, "Okay, I will tell you, relax~" He patted my shoulder. 

"Okay I am ready to listen!" I sat up straight, eyes focused on him. 

A faint smile appeared on his flawless face, "Well, remember the time when we first met and played with each other?" 

I nodded. 

"That was one of the best thing that happened in my childhood." He added. 

"Why?" I blinked a few times. 

"Well, do you know what we played?" He questioned. "Wedding game." He continued. 

"REAL.. Erhemmmm! REALLY?!" I got choked as I took a sip of my coffee. 

He laughed and patted my back, helping to sooth it. "Yup." 

"What happened? What happened?" Curiousity struck me. 

                                                 

"It was my aunt's wedding, and you were the little bridemaid while I was the little man of honour.." He continued. "In the waiting room, we were getting instructions from my mum and I shared my candies with you, remember?" 

"I was just 4..." I showed him a dude-are-you-serious-? face. 

He continued. "After my mom left the room, there were other 2 kids, and you shyly thanked me." 

"Oh I see..." I said and paused briefly. 

"What happened next was that the two kids, who were slightly older, want us to act like we are couples for them to practise." Himchan carried on. "You agreed right away, so I followed." 

"So we played the wedding game?" I asked. 

Himchan nodded with a genuine smile on his face. 

 

~Flashback~

"Deng deng deng deng~ Deng deng deng deng~" Kiddish voice appeared behind, my 'groom' is holding my hand, step by step, we approached the front. 

"Do you want to marry her?" A slightly older boy asked from the back, as if there were someone in front of us. 

"You have to say 'I Do.'" The girl hinted. 

My 'groom' looked at me, smile brightly, "I Do." 

"How about the bride?" The older boy asked. 

'"I Do." I said without thinking, innocently. 

"Now, you may kiss your bride." The older boy announced from the back. But my 'groom' didn't make any move, but stood on the spot and smile, looking down. 

"Okay kids! Get ready~" Aunty Kim opened the door. 

                                                          

I looked back at the two older friends and they nodded, hinting me to kiss and then we can end the game. Without hesitance, I leaned forward, pecking the cheek of the little boy who was holding my hand. 

"Hurry up!!" Aunty Kim called again. The older friends quickly assembled and the little boy pulled my hand and we ran! To Aunty Kim.

~ End of Flashback~

 

As Himchan finished the story, I woke up from my own flashback. 

"Do you remember?" He squinted his eyes and asked, with much hope. 

"Nope." I replied confidently and looked away. "Not at all.." 

"But know what..?" Himchan formed a connection, our palms touched and finger entwined. "That is when I first fell in love, technically, my first love." He looked into my eyes. 

I tightened the grab, "Thank you." 

"Why?" Himchan was shocked by my response. 

"Because you are the first person you led me into falling in love. And thank you for loving me.." A tint of smile formed on both our face. 

"Now!" Himchan cued, "Any childhood story you would like to share?" 

"Yes!" I replied asap.