Mi Ki's Hidden Talent

Can't Wait Anymore... (Sequel of: Seven Years)

 

                                           

 

The director ended his speech, applauses started flooding the grand hall, students' laughters started invading the place. 

I grabbed my certificate firmly and went towards all of them, my family, friend and Himchan. Omma gave me a firm hug, and then Monica came after meeting her parents. 

"Finally, we graduated!" Monica said excitedly, happily, running into me, giving me a suffocating but warm hug. We swung a little and the hug got firmer and slowly, we let go, smiling with tears in our eyes. 

"Monica ya~ Come~" Omma called in Korglish. Monica went to Omma and without a second thought, Omma hugged Monica tightly, 'Thank you for taking care of Mi Ki, thank you!" Omma spoke quickly in Korean. Monica seems to udnerstand, nodding and patting Omma's back. 

"So, now that both of you are officially graduate, should we go celebrate tonight?" DongWoo Oppa came over, cheering while asking. 

"Yes yes!" Bora added. 

Himchan came over, holding my shoulder firmly with his firm hands, "Where do you guys want to go?" his 'Nice Guy DNA' was working again. 

"Should we bring them there?" I hinted Monica. 

She nodded. 

We took a lot of photos with our professors and classmates, and around evening, we left the school. 

          

We went back individually to prepare ourselves. No one had any idea on where we will be going, but just me and Monica. 

Around sunset timing, Monica drove us to a cafe with white facades and colourful words. 

 

Yes, Flourtown Bakery Cafe. 

 

                                           

"You want to celebrate here?" Himchan opened the door for me as I alight the car. 

"Yup." I smiled.

"Waaaa, such a pretty place!" Bora exclaimed. "Oppa oppa, let's take a photo!" Bora pulled out her phone and dragged DongWoo Oppa for selca. 

I looked around and helped Omma out of the slightly-higher car seat with Himchan. I noticed that Monica's facial expression was complicated. A little happy, but a little upset, a little troubled, a little unsure. 

"Let's go in!" Monica said as everyone were ready. 

 

"Aunt Rebecca!!" I went in and opened my hands for a middle-aged lady in pale pink floral apron. She opened her hands and came towards us, smiling brightly, widely, warmly. A friendly hug with me and Monica. 

We 'untangled' from the hug and introduced Omma, DongWoo Oppa, Bora and Himchan to Aunt Rebecca.

"Hi." Aunt Rebecca smiled warmly, and shook hands with Himchan. "So you are the one who make MiKi learn how to make coffee?"  Aunt Rebecca added as she shook Himchan's hand. 

Himchan pointed at himself, "Me?" smiled and looked at me, nodded. 

"C'mon, have a seat, I will prepare some food for you." Aunt Rebecca then led us to a long table. 

We settled down and Aunt Rebecca went into the kitchen. 

"During certain season breaks, Monica and I would come here and work part time. Lots of memories here.." I explained to Omma because she looked a little blur. 

Monica raised the edge of her lips lightly and stood up, "I will go in and help Aunt Rebecca." She bowed to Omma and went in. 

"So, you learnt how to make coffee for me?" Himchan bent down and whispered to me. "Thank you..?

"Dream on! I learnt because I am working in the cafe!" I elbowed him. 

Himchan rubbed his chin, "So the tiramisu you made, you learnt it from here too?" 

"I learnt the basic, but followed the recipe as well, am I good?" I whispered. 

"Very~" He pinched my nose with a left-right motion, squinting his eyes, showing his bunny teeth. 

 

"Guys? Hi??" Bora waved her hand in front of us, "Stop acting all lovey dovey~" She continued. Monica and Aunt Rebecca came out of the kitchen smiling, placing food onto the table. 

 

                                        

"Eat, let's eat!" Aunt Rebecca said, as she pointed the food. "If MiKi was helping, this would taste even better." Aunt Rebecaa then looked at me. 

Because of that, everyone one the table started looking at me, including Himchan. "What's up?" I laughed a little. 

"Mi Ki, try this custard puff, your favourite." Monica placed one onto my plate. "You guys try some too.." She placed one onto everyone's plate. 

All of us took a bite.

"This is very nice, smooth and not sickening. The sweet is just right, very nice!" Omma chewed and explained. 

"The puff is soft too, not too dry or oily." Bora added. 

"The texture of the custard is really gentle." DongWoo Oppa grabbed another one. 

I looked at Himchan, he was just chewing as usual, I assumed he didn't like it. "Hmm.. Very.. Different.. Who made this?" He took annother one. 

"I made them, but it was originally MiKi's recipe." Aunt Rebecca patted my head. 

"This," Monica pointed at the red velvet cake,  "this and that", then the sandwiches and scones, "it's all done after Mi Ki improvised the recipes." She added. 

Bora's eyes were opened wide, she scanned around. "Mi Ki, you have a hidden talent?" 

"Mi Ki is always good at making pastry and cakes, you don't know?" DongWoo Oppa flicked his fingers on Bora's head.

"Mi Ki.. Is it real?" Himchan smiled got wider and wider, really happy. 

I blushed, and nodded slowly, gently. 

"Let's do it!" Himchan clapped his hands together. 

All of us stared at him right away, "DO WHAT?!" We asked in unison. 

"We will... Start a Bakery Cafe in Korea together!" He said and nodded determinely, he grabbed both of my hands, 'Will you?" 

I looked over at Omma, she agreed. "Um." 

"Aww~" Monica exclaimed.  So did Aunt Rebecca. 

 

 

 

 

*Back with a loooooooooooonger update because I am only able to update once in a week because.. I have school. But I hope you like the chapters and comments how you feel, or what you wanna say! I welcome all comments, you guys are awesome, that's why! ^^ Anyways, this has been really popular and overused in Singapore lately, but I find it fun in someway so I created a account so that you can ask me qns, see you there! http://ask.fm/VirgoLadyAns*