Return Home

Can't Wait Anymore... (Sequel of: Seven Years)

 

The day right after we ended the presentation, we took plane to South Korea immediately.

Around 1830HRS, we touched down at Seoul Incheon International Airport.                            

                                                                  

We made our way to the arrival hall and Bora squealed and ran towards me the moment we caught each others' eyes. We hugged each other tightly, squealing in joy. 

"Welcome back!" DongWoo-Oppa said from the back, "Hi!" He opened his arms. 

I hugged him tightly as well, "Oppa, how have you been?" I asked. 

"Very well, you?" He swing his body a little, treating me like a baby girl. 

"Fine." I said, "By the way.." I stepped out. "This is Monica Jacobs, my room.. Plus classmate." I introduced Monica to them. 

"Hello!" Bora said in English. "I. Am. Yoon. Bo. Ra.

DongWoo-Oppa pushed Bora playfully, "Speak properly!" He bowed to Monica. "Hello. I.. Am.. Jang Dong Woo." 

I saw Monica's face turning red, "Hi..hi.." She greeted to both Bora and DongWoo-Oppa. "Monica-imnida." 

"Oh, you can speak Korean?" Bora asked. 

"A little. Mi Ki taught me how." Monica smiled brightly at Bora. 

"Oppa, where is Himchan?" I looked around and asked. Searching. 

DongWoo-Oppa didn't answer but smiled. And then he started walking, which Bora then followed up, and then Monica and I just followed blindly. 

We took the cab and headed back home.

 

                                              

DongWoo-Oppa opened the door, "We are back!" He called. 

"Omma! Grandma!!" I called and entered the house. There wasn't much changes, than just having an extra pair of slippers, which I noticed just by one glance. 'Why is there another pair of slippers?" I asked as I changed into mine. "Come in." I guided Monica. 

Omma rrushed out of the kitchen and the scene just rerun, she wiped her wet hands on her apron and hugged me tightly. "My baby, my baby is back!!" She twisted around, repeating her words over and over again. "You lost so much weight~" She inspected my entire body and complaint. "Have you been eating well? Was it tough for you?" Omma kept asking. 

"Omma, omma!" I called a few times, "I am fine!" I hugged her back tightly, almost as tight as she did. 

"Mi Ki ah~ My lovely grand-daughter.." Grandma walked out from her room, saying. 

"Grandma!" I ran over to help her.. "Take it easy.." 

"You are finally back, we miss you so much!" Grandma took my hand and rubbed it with hers. I smiled and looked around, and then I recalled that I have yet to introduce Monica to them, 

"Omma, Grandma.." I led Monica forward. "This is Monica, my roommate, classmate and good friend from New Zealand." 

"Mo.. Mo mwo?" Omma and Grandma adjusted their glasses. 

"Monica-imnida." Monica bowed 90 degrees. 

"Can we just call you Mo-mo?" Omma suggested. "English name is a little tough for elders like us." 

"No problem!" Monica said and I translated for her. 

Suddenly, I heard someone unlocking the main door. 

                                                           

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Himchan was at the door, with bags of groceries,removing his shoes and changing into that slippers. He walked in. "Oh Mi Ki~" I scanned him once again and realize that he was wearing that part of extra slippers. 

"So you are the one~" I commented. 

"Me? What?" He asked. 

"Not just slippers, he also has he own pair of chopsticks here." DongWoo added. 

"And also his own.. Well, arpon." Bora added, "Ne, Kim sonsaengnim." She quiet down as Himchan shoot a frightening glare at them. 

Omma laughed a little, "Himchan is like our own family member now, when you were in New Zealand, he replaced you. He accompanied Grandma for checkups, helped me with groceries, helped DongWoo with his homeworks..." Omma said. 

"Wow.." Monica reacted as she understood a little. 

"So you mean he replaced me?" I crossed my arms and stared at Himchan, "I see.." I nodded .

"But we still need you so~" DongWoo-Oppa quickly said. 

"Hhahahaahaha! Everyone must be hungry, I will help in dinner-making!" Himchan made his way to the kitchen. 

"Mi Ki, you take good care of Momo okay?" Omma went to the kitchen too. 

We had a great time chatting as they were preparing the dinner.