Camp Activity 2: Speech from the Principal

Life on the Top Bunk Bed

The day was slow and the ticking clock seemed to be mocking Heechul while he lay his chin down on his desk's cool surface. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. The second hand went unbearably slow and the minute hand ten times slower. Time was not in the mood for running today and it bored Heechul to death as he balanced his pencil on his upper lip.

"Hankyung!" Heechul groaned finally giving up and called his secretary over by tossing his pencil across the room and hitting the chinese man in the back of his head.

"Ouch, Heenim, what is it? Was that pencil necessary?" Hankyung walked over to his boss while he rubbed the back of his head. He placed the thrown pencil in front of Heechul who was slumped in his office chair too bored to even find excitement in spinning around and around in the chair like he once had done to rid his boredom.

"I'm bored, play with me." Heechul smirked grabbing Hankyung's wrist and gently pulled him closer.

"Can't, I have to go assign the new camper to his dorm today. Remember the kid that's coming to camp early today?" Hankyung sighed rolling his eyes at his oblivious boss who blinked back his confusion. He didn't remember anything like a new kid coming today, nor did he remember anything about assigning campers to their dorms. Although that job was always easy seeing Devilish Smiles for Divas almost always had the same kids arrive for summer camp annualy. 

"Why did you never tell me this? Why did no one ever tell me about this? Have you any idea how bored I was today!?" Heechul snapped feeling infuriated by the fact that something this interesting was kept from him. 

"I told you this morning but you were busy talking to your cat." Hankyung defended but was simply ignored.

"I mean, something so important like this wasn't even told!? I've been bored all day and there's finally a new kid coming in." Heechul sighed and rubbed his temples with distress.

"Alot of other people told you too, but you weren't even listening." the secretary sighed. Heechul didn't catch a single word and linked arms with the chinese man.

"Come on, let's hope this new kid is interesting." he grinned and pulled Hankyung out of his main office.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

The driver had sped off after dropping Yesung and Ms. Jin off at the huge summer camp. It looked pretty elite for a summer school for delinquents. It was said the Heenim values looks so the school grounds of course would be gorgeous and well kept. Yesung tightened his hand on his duffel bag trying not to show his nervousness on his face. Most of his belongings were thrown away since he either didn't need them or just contained memories he didn't want to keep. 

"Ah, and I'm back to working at this place." Ms. Jin sighed happily and led Yesung through the rusty gates made of barbed wires.

The entire camp was surrounded by barbed wires, it was the one thing that didn't seem so elite about the place. The entrace area didn't even have one single patch of grass and was completely bare. To the left was nestled a big red bus that had graffiti all over it, and to the right was a small security booth where the guard was asleep in. The entrance wasn't very Heenim gorgeous but once Yesung had past the first hill, walking down the slope to reveal to himself a vast campus of buildings and camping grounds, Yesung knew that the Heenim was going to be a diva. He tried to soak everything in while also keeping up with Ms. Jin who was speedwalking. Two-story dorm buildings were ontop of a small hill that dipped slightly into the area below. There was one building on the left and one on the right, although the one on the left seemed larger. What Yesung assumed was the canteen, lay in the very center between both hills. It had a few picnic tables outside and areas for campfires nearby. Already fascinated by how neat and tidy the summer camp seemed Yesung couldn't help but turn in circles to take in everything.

"Hurry it up boy, I don't have all day for you." Ms. Jin snapped and Yesung had scurried away after her heading towards the main office building that was gorgeous also.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

"What's your name boy?" Heechul asked as he spun around in his office chair that he had eventually ended back up in after stalking the school grounds to make sure the new kid had arrived. The boy didn't respond and stared at Heechul with furrowed eyebrows. This action ticked the Heenim off pretty bad.

"I heard you were abandoned and yet you're already used to being such a brat." Heechul scoffed and crossed his arms before laying back in the chair.

"His name is Yesung, Heenim-ssi. He must be going through intense shock from being brought here the day after being abandoned by his family so I'm so sorry if he's rude." Ms. Jin said sweetly causing Hankyung to choke on rice that he was scoffing down for lunch in the corner of the room. Her fake sympathy made Heechul cringe too but he was already use to it.

"Yesung." Heechul grinned, amused and scooted closer to his desk to place his elbows on it looking professional. Yesung didn't bat and eye and stared down the man before him. Was this the Heenim that everyone had been making such a big deal about? There was nothing special in him.

"Welcome to Devilish Smiles for Divas where all brats and delinquents attend this summer school, or as I like to call summer camp simply because we don't learn anything, are turned into sickly happy bubbles of sweet sugars and chocolate. Delinquents, bored kids, or just anyone who's homeless or unwanted for a summer or anything comes here every summer to enjoy a life different from the horrible living hells they have lived through. We make delinquents smile. Well mostly I do of course." Heechul giggled as he twirled a red lock around his finger waiting for the applause.

"That was beautiful Heenim! Beautiful!" Hankyung clapped loudly and wiped fake tears away hoping that Heechul wouldn't get mad for no one clapping right away. Ms. Jin caught onto the signal and quickly applauded too in agreement. Heechul bowed his head in approval and turned his gaze back to Yesung who sat in the seat silently having no reaction to the beautiful speech that was just made by Heenim himself.

"Brat, you will smile while you're here. I'll just assign you your dorm and you'll meet your roomate tomorrow. So called class will begin tomorrow so you can have one of your new friends show you around." Heechul announced feeling embarassed that the boy didn't even feel moved at his words.

"I thought this was a summer camp not a school." everyone was shocked when Yesung had finally spoke causing Heechul to break out in truimphant smiles. It took him alot of willpower to not stand up and do his victory wave of getting the boy to speak.

"We are registered as a summer school but on brochures and everything we are a camp. You go to classes to review different subjects. The two main ones you have to have is math and English because I bet no one can perfect my English ability." Heechul boasted hoping Yesung would dare him to speak English. He didn't of course.

"Besides those two classes you will have other classes like art and sports like going out to the lake and recreational activities. All in all we are a summer school/camp." Heechul concluded. "And I am your principal or director of this entire program so address me as Heenim." 

Yesung didn't say anything and the conversation ended there as he was sent to his room. Ms. Jin left him alone to unpack and he was relieved he could rid the annoying lady. Heenim seemed weird to him, nothing special either. That night was filled with restless sleep since Yesung couldn't sleep as he worried about the next day when the other campers or students would arrive. Thankfully, the thought of being reunited with his family again once they come get him made him feel better and erased some of the dread he was feeling.



Panda: i was planning on adding Kyuhyun's side of the story but decided against it since it was too long. i mean times new roman is tiny font and even though it doesnt take much space it fits alot!!! haha so sorry if youre bored about the entire enrollment bizz and u just simply want some kyusung! itll appear in the next chap^^ i swear!

Thanks for reading^^ comment, subscribe, upvote, anything!