Camp Activity 11: Comforting Actions

Life on the Top Bunk Bed

Yesung's eyes widened when he saw Kyuhyun but he didn't know how to react. Emotions from the letter was already too overwhelming that he couldn't even think to start yelling at Kyuhyun. The delinquent was just standing there gawking at him making Yesung feel weird. He didn't like that Kyuhyun was watching him so intensely. He hadn't meant to let the tears flow so easily. The letter was not what he had expected. Yesung at most thought it would be a simple farewell letter, not a letter explaining his unknown adoption and his mother's hatred towards him.

"Why are you here?" Yesung asked the tall boy who was still staring at him not knowing what to do.

Kyuhyun blinked once or twice snapping himself out of the trance. Yesung was crying and it wasn't a sight he could ever get used to. He had seen his mother cry over pains from last night, his dad cry from lost gambles, fellow classmates that were either tortured by him or was tortured by someone else, and even teachers that was fed up with Kyuhyun. It was just the way the red head cried that Kyuhyun couldn't get over. The eyes were puffy and pink while his red cheeks were streamed with tears. A runny nose was wet with either tears or snot, Kyuhyun didn't want to know and Yesung's lips quavered ever so slightly. The physical features were all what Kyuhyun was used to though. It was the eyes that had knocked his heart out of place. Emotions filled these eyes, distorted between pain and betrayal and countless others.

"I...saw this." he murmured and handed Yesung back the letter. Yesung only stared at the sheet of crumbled paper in his hands before ripping it into tiny shreds and tossing it into the air. The small pieces drifted softly, carried by the wind. Out of sight, out of mind, or at least Yesung hoped.

"Did she really mean it all? How would you have not known for so long?" Kyuhyun began to ask but then stopped when Yesung lowered his head and directed his gaze to the campgrounds below. Tears blurred his vision again as he thought about Kyuhyun's questions. How did he not know? After all these years he must have sensed something wrong, but he didn't. Yesung wanted nothing but to believe that the letter was fake. A loving mother has just vanished in a few simple words of farewell.

"I-I-I..." Kyuhyun stammered. He honestly didn't know what to do in situations like these. He was not the comforter. Sweet words couldn't form from his mouth, reassuring gestures were too awkward, he himself was just weak when it comes to crying people espicially when he wasn't the cause of it for once. He moved forwards towards Yesung, his hand wavering above the red head's shoulder wondering if he could pat him or calm him.

"Wait." Kyuhyun said as he quickly stripped off his blue t-shirt before handing it to Yesung. He felt guilty for picking on Yesung for his parents not coming to get him, it had turned out to be true and alot worse. There wasn't much Kyuhyun could do to make up for it and he wanted to make it up without any apologies said. Cho Kyuhyun was not one to apologize.

Yesung took the shirt and sat down on the roof right next to the railings where he stood. He pulled his feet up against his chest and blew his nose into  Kyuhyun's shirt loudly like an elephant. Then he wiped his face on the fabric trying to rid the tears. Kyuhyun made a face of disgust. His shirt was just completely ruined, no way was he going to keep it. 

When Yesung was done he folded the shirt up and hugged it to his chest against his knees. He tried to keep a normal face, trying not to let a tear slip again. The last thing he wanted to do was do that in front of Kyuhyun again, it was too embarassing. The delinquent would probably go around talking about it for days with no end to it.

"Are you going to cry again?" Kyuhyun asked with an exasperated sigh as he sat down beside him on the ground. He was sick of seeing the boy cry, it got on his nerves espicially because he didn't know what to do when Yesung cried.

"Dad's gone, Mom was never there, Jongjin's too distant." Yesung began to murmur as he pressed his forehead against the palm of his hands, the heels digging into his eyes.

"Goddammit just cry already, this is stupid." Kyuhyun growled as he waited for Yesung reaction. The boy bit his bottom lip as if he was still trying to hold it in then it was all released. The tears began to form again and he began wailing like a little kid that wanted his mommy. But this kid didn't have a mom to run to anymore, nor a dad. The blue t-shirt was smeared with tears again but Kyuhyun wasn't as disgusted this time. He was just watching Yesung cry to the sky with sympathy. Kyuhyun wanted so bad to do something, anything to possibly help. The guilt was suffocating him. Maybe a pat, a touch of a hand, a hug, some words of reassurance, they were all impossible for Kyuhyun to do. Moments passed by as Kyuhyun silently waited for Yesung to cry all his tears out. Who knew such a small boy could contain so many salty tears. Kyuhyun's shirt was most likely soaked now.

"Are you dried up now?" Kyuhyun asked once Yesung's wails had subsided into faint sniffles. The setting sun was slowly disappearing and turning into a night sky.

"Maybe." Yesung said bluntly and laid down on his back to see the stars. It wasn't really dark but dark enough for one or two twinkling stars to shine. Having no other choice, Kyuhyun did the same.

"It's late and I've stuck around you little crybaby for too long, I'm going to sleep." Kyuhyun muttered, folding his hands behind his head as he closed his eyes. He enjoyed summer nights on the roof, they were cool and refreshing. Yesung had tired him out with the cries and the nose blowing but for some odd reason Kyuhyun could tolerate it. Yesung thought Kyuhyun would've exploded on him for being such a crybaby but he didn't.

"Dad used to sing a song to me whenever I couldn't sleep. It was when I was a little kid." Yesung recalled as he conjured up the memory. It wasn't a very distant one since he had sang it to his father when he last visited him in in the hospital.

"Alright, then sing it." Yesung suddenly looked taken back. He didn't want to sing in front of Kyuhyun. He had been talking to himself not Kyuhyun.

"I see, you probably sound like a dying frog." the words made Yesung narrow his swollen eyes. Feeling alot better after reading the letter and having his entire past shattered, he cleared his throat and began to sing.

"There are three bears in a house, father bear, mother bear, baby bear. Daddy bear is fatty, Mother bear is slim, baby bear is too cute. That's because he was so small." Yesung finished and turned his head to the side to see Kyuhyuns reaction. The boy was gawking again, eyes wide and mouth hanging slightly open.

"I know it's a childish song and it's too common to be special." he sighed and waited longer for Kyuhyun's response.

"I've never heard the song before." Kyuhyun stated bluntly as he recovered from his state of shock. He wasn't expecting Yesung to sing perfectly espicially after wailing and hurting his throat the entire time.

"How could you not have? It's a really common song that everyone should have heard during their childhood. Why wouldn't yo-" before he could finish his question he already knew his answer making him regret even asking. Kyuhyun was a delinquent no wonder he never heard of the song. His parents probably wanted nothing to do with him and never even bothered to try. Kyuhyun diverted his gaze from Yesung's and tilted his head back towards the sky.

"I could teach you." he offered hoping to make it up to him. Yesung hadn't meant to hurt Kyuhyun's feelings by reminding him of his family situation though it was no better than Yesung's.

"It's fine." Kyuhyun sighed and sat up and looked Yesung in the eyes.

"Don't cry again because it makes your face uglier and it's noise pollution, not healthy to my ears." he pushed off the ground and stood up, dusting off his bottom. He wanted to get off the roof and away from Yesung as fast as he could. Bringing up Kyuhyun and his screwed up family wasn't somewhere he was hoping the conversation to go.

"Also, the top bunk is opened again for any crybaby idiots out there." Kyuhyun descended from the roof feeling oddly content. He wasn't able to vent out all his frustrations pertaining to Ms. Lee but somehow being with Yesung while he cried released his own invisible tears.

The cool night air felt extremely nice as Yesung closed his eyes. He felt extremely tired and exhausted from just everything. His adoption added onto his father's death was still hard to accept, but crying helped. Shedding some tears never hurts. Yesung just wished that wherever his mother and brother were, they were happy. He hated them for their decision, he blamed them for all that has happened. But in the end they were still family, at least they were.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

"He said he loves you you hear that?" Heechul teased as he prodded Donghae's forehead. The boy was tied to the chair of the Seclusion Room while Eunhyuk stood helplessly by the open door where Heechul had barged in. Saving Donghae was hard espicially this one part where they have to get past Heechul who had gotten the notice of a particular kid sneaking to the Seclusion Room.

"Let him go!" Eunhyuk demanded, his hand placed on Donghae's shoulder protectively.

"Now, why in the world would I do that?" a smirk tugged on Heechul's lips as he ran his finger along Donghae's jawline.

"We'll do anything you want!" Donghae blurted out. He wanted to get out of the place as much as Eunhyuk wanted to save him.

"Anything?" a plan began to form in Heechul's mind as he looked at them both. They seemed so willing and that was perfect for what Heechul wanted to do.



panda: yeee im goin to california next week xDD im so excited im hoping ill get to go to korea town xD but bad news is cant bring my laptop :/ soooo gonna have to cram in writing another chap after this if i can >< 

TheGreatRinnim~ aish ill give ya some minwook sooner or later if i can figure out whats goin on in this fanfic TT TT OTL

CloudRyeong~ UR SO FREAKING SWEET FOR THIS COMMENT XDDD THANK U UNNIE!!! Oh and what month of the 17th?

tifane~ waa mian im sorry for making u cry!!! ;w;  and sorry the kyusung reactions to a cryin yesung wasnt super fluffy nd cute :/ wasnt a huge kyusung moment but i dont want the characters develop wayyy too fast they still "dislike" each other >:D

yewookM~ im sorry no huge kyusung moment but i promise there will be a huge one to come soon xDDD

Happie~ thank u xDDD nah im not...THAT young lol :D

Eggums~ im sorry for makin u sad :(

KcuLL22~ thanks so much for ur advice^^ ill spend my highschool years happily xD