Camp Activity 19: Berry Picking and Racing

Life on the Top Bunk Bed

”The winners of the shoe-hunting game are Eunhyuk and Donghae." Heenim announced sounding bored. The couple won at the game every single year. Heechul wanted to know how in the world they were able to do so. He had millions of shoes but each and every pair was different.

"You two get two hundred points." the campers around the dead campfire clapped but most groaned and shot Eunhae looks of hatred. It was obvious that since they spent so much time getting punished in Heechul's room that they always got to see his shoes and anything secret that Heechul tried to hide.

"That's not fair! The canoeing game you gave them three hundred points!" Eunhyuk complained causing the redhaired diva to just roll his eyes.

"You idiots win this game every year of course I have to lower the points for you." Heechul explained matter-of-factly and motioning Hankyung to silence the two boys since they looked like they were going to cause an uproar.

"Now, we're going to head back to campus to start the third game: racing. Everyone start gathering your things and we'll leave in the afternoon. Anything to say? Yes, no, I won't listen anyways let's go!" Heechul clapped his hands together and got up to leave only to be interrupted.

"Wait! There are still two campers in the woods!" Sungmin and Ryeowook suddenly shouted out causing all heads to turn towards them. The kids all murmured and the teachers whispered while everyone waited for Heechul's reactions. "Our partners, Kyuhyun and Yesung are still in the woods." Ryeowook informed and Heechul let loose a breath he didn't know he had been holding.

"Ah if it's those two then they'll be fine. Let's move!" he clapped his hands again and began walking away while the twins screamed information regarding their friends to him. If it was Kyuhyun and Yesung then they would be completely fine together as long as they don't end up screwing a bear. Besides, things were just going according to plan.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

"You're going the wrong way. We've passed that rock ten times already." Yesung pointed out as he hung onto Kyuhyun's neck. They were wandering through the woods looking for a way out and Yesung had taken the spot on Kyuhyun's back again for a piggy back ride.

The sun was already bright above them, bright and hot. It wasn't the best morning they were experiencing. Yesung woke up to find himself alone in the small field of grass and began running around in circles in search of Kyuhyun. It scared him to know that the boy had left him all alone in the scary woods. But eventually he found out it was a prank and Kyuhyun attacked him from behind throwing handfuls of berries he had found in a bush nearby claiming it was breakfast. Yesung who was starving and foolish enough to believe him was about to eat one until a nearby rabbit nibbled on a berry and fell unconcious. The morning was just filled with misfortune and they both were in a cranky mood now with Kyuhyun who fell face first into mud and had to discard his shirt and Yesung who was just ticked off at how differently Kyuhyun acted last night compared to now.

"I know where I'm going okay. Be thankful that I didn't just leave you." Kyuhyun snapped. It was hot outside, his forehead was beaded with sweat and even though he was shirtless he was still extremely hot and worn out with Yesung on his back.

"You wouldn't." Yesung snickered and tightened his arms around Kyuhyun's neck and rested his head against Kyuhyun's. He was enjoying the ride since he didn't have to walk. Sure, his ankle was feeling alot better now but fooling Kyuhyun was easy. All Yesung had to do was collapse onto the ground and wail about how much it hurt until Kyuhyun gave up and offered another piggyback ride. Kyuhyun didn't say anything mean back. The soft action of Yesung resting his head against his was enough to make Kyuhyun's heart flutter and all these girly feelings rush up inside of him. There was no doubt, he himself was even going to admit it, Yesung drives him crazy. 

They spent more time walking and Kyuhyun found out that he has indeed seen the same rock more than ten times now. At least it looked the same.

"Can we find something to eat first?" Yesung groaned when Kyuhyun paused to wipe the sweat off his forehead.

"Is that all you can think about?" Kyuhyun sighed but the low rumble of his stomach that followed clearly meant he agreed. They began searching high and low for food though they were at a disadvantage since Yesung refused to get off Kyuhyun's back. They attempted picking berries again but once Yesung saw that the color of the berries were similar to the ones that morning he began to freak out.

"Kyuhyun don't ea-" he turned around to warn the boy but it was too late, Kyuhyun who stood around the bush was about to pop the berry into his mouth when Yesung leaped over knocking him to the ground. He was just too slow and the berry was already in Kyuhyun's mouth.

"Idiot! Spit it out! Spit it out!" Yesung screamed as he straddled Kyuhyun's waist and his hands fumbled with prying Kyuhyun's lips open.

"Bat I'm hangwy." Kyuhyun said with the berry on his tongue not actually chewing it yet. Yesung threw him a frustrated look and shoved his finger into Kyuhyun's mouth trying to retrieve the berry not caring if he was currently Kyuhyun's tongue. The boy might get poisoned and die. Kyuhyun smirked seeing Yesung's worried face and he gripped Yesung's wrist that was currently shoving a finger around his mouth. Kyuhyun swallowed the small berry without chewing and gently Yesung's finger before pulling it out of his mouth. The boy ontop of him was gawking at him with disbelief written on his face and tears that were going to well up in his eyes.

"Are you insane!? You're going to die! You're going to drop dead and decompose into the ground all because you were ing hungry for some poisonous berries. What were you thinking! I was trying to save you and you're just going to swallow the berry. You're going to die you big fat idiot!" Yesung wailed and hammered Kyuhyun's chest with his puny fists. Suddenly, something poked his lips. Kyuhyun was pressing one of the berries to his lips.

"Die with me then." he smirked and forced Yesung's lips open before pressing the berry into Yesung's mouth. The redhaired boy's eyes widened to the size of saucers as he continued to hammer Kyuhyun with his fists. He was going to die. If Kyuhyun was going to die why drag him along? Although, Yesung did end up swallowing the berry too and surprisingly neither of them dropped dead.

"I'm going to kill you first." Yesung snarled and wiped the tears that stained his face before sitting up getting off of Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun sat up too forcing back a comment about Yesung's weight when he noticed Yesung's arm.

“What happened?" he asked as he inspected Yesung's right arm that had a cut across his biceps and blood dripped down it. Yesung turned to see his wound and tried not to freak out since he now noticed it and its pain.

"I guess the thorns cut me." he shrugged and bit his lip. Then he felt fingers brushing his stomach and saw Kyuhyun rolling his shirt up revealing his belly.

"What are you doing!?" Yesung screeched and quickly swatted Kyuhyun's hands away from his shirt.

"I'm going to wrap your arm up. I already lost my shirt, do you want me to lose my pants too?" Kyuhyun teased and lifted Yesung's shirt again to reveal the smooth white skin underneath. Kyuhyun gulped as he tried not to stare and looked away as Yesung shyly lifted his arms so Kyuhyun could pull his shirt off. Once the cloth was off, Yesung quickly pulled his legs up to his chest trying to hide his skin.

"It's not like you haven't been staring at me and my chest the entire time." Kyuhyun muttered earning a flustered glare from Yesung as he wrapped Yesung's shirt around his injured arm and knotted the ends securely.

"Thanks, let's go." Yesung said in a rush hoping he could get away from Kyuhyun's eyes. He really hated being seen shirtless espicially with someone who had kissed him last night. He quickly stood up and began walking away while Kyuhyun glared after the boy. The boy who tumbled down a cliff yesterday can walk.

"Oh my gosh Yesung I think I twisted my ankle! Help, I need a piggyback ride." Kyuhyun cried helplessly but unfortunately he had bad acting skills.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

All the campers were back and gathered around the starting point of the race which started and ended by the lake. They had all made it back to campus with the exceptions of Kyuhyun and Yesung. Now it was the third game and Heechul really didn't care if two people were going to miss it.

"The path of this race will be all around the campus. Signs will show you where to go. Couples can run together if they choose to it's a better chance of winning. Also we have new rules this year since last year there were some visits to the hospital." Heechul rolled his eyes at Eunhyuk and Donghae who were snickering to themselves.

"There will be no pushing, shoving, tripping and no water fights with the water placed by the side of the trail and creating a big slippery muddy puddle that takes up the entire trail that just may cause all the runners to slip and fall." the redhead announced and threw dirty looks towards Eunhyuk and Donghae who had resulted in laughing out loud now.

"Oh stop laughing you two! You idiots ended up in the hospital too with almost fractured tail bones." Heechul hissed and decided to move on and ignore the two campers.

"Anyways, get to your places and run once I shoot one of you." Heechul ordered as Hankyung passed him a gun. All the students glared at the secretary as if he was crazy. Honestly, anyone would be crazy to hand Heechul a gun. "I'm just kidding I'm firing a blank!" he smiled all too sweetly while the campers fidgeted nervously to their places. Once Heechul had fired the gun the campers were off running. Half of them stayed back, mostly the lazy ones, to watch the game or just to sleep. 

Sungmin glanced to his side to see Ryeowook with a look of determination on. They were definitely going to win the Diva Games or at least try to make it to the top three. They had just started running when all of a sudden there were screams and shouts coming from the woods by the lake that stretched to the other side. The racers tried not to pay attention to the distracting yells and focus on running but the sight of two half boys running out of the forest flailing their arms around while screaming of bees was extremely distracting.

"They're right behind you Yesung!!!! Run like your is on fire!!!" Kyuhyun yelled at the boy behind him as they merged into the group of campers who were running on the trail around the campus. They honestly didn't care about why all their fellow campers were sweaty and running all they cared about was whether the huge nest of bees were going to eat them alive for poking at their hive thinking it was empty.

"What are you two doing!?" Ryeowook screamed at Yesung and Kyuhyun who were beside him. Having joined the race near the starting point they were now running together and possibly faster with fear driving them forwards.

"Saving our asses!" Kyuhyun yelled and he and Yesung were off around the campus. They didn't need any signs to tell them where to go since they had their punishment of laps around the campus everyday anyways. By the time the two of them were already halfway around the trail did they notice that they were running in one of the diva games and just decided to run the rest of the way since they were already halfway around. 

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

"The winners of the third game are Kyuhyun and Yesung the two half--scared-of-bees boys." Heechul announced while all the campers shot the winners glares. They all thought it was unfair since the two had shot out of the woods after the race began but since Hankyung measured the distance from the woods to the trail where the race was held it was bout the same distance from the starting line to where they joined the race. Besides that, they weren't even on the same team so obviously it shouldn't count.

"Also, since you two have won a game together then you will have to be partners for the rest of the Diva Games. I'm too lazy to restart the race." Heechul sighed while Kyuhyun and Yesung exchanged looks both secretly happy to be stuck with each other. "But, you are to be punished for getting lost in the woods. Kyuhyun, your tent is still on the other side of the lake. Yesung you'll accompany him in getting his stuff back and since it's already this late I suggest you both just spend the night there before making it back tomorrow." And without any further explanations, Heechul fled the scene dragging Hankyung along before there were any protests. Kyuhyun looked at Yesung then up at the sky. The sun was setting, it would be best if they just crossed the lake early.

"Let's go." Yesung sighed as they both walked to a canoe that was set up for them by the lake. Hating their punishment, Yesung took one last look back at the camp. There was one good thing to all of this. Sungmin and Ryeowook were back together and Yesung was sure he would've been Kyuhyun's partner in the first place if the twin's problem didn't pop up. The next problem was how he was going to get through a night with Kyuhyun in a small tent across the lake away from the delinquent camp.



panda: gah typed a load of crap for this chapter TT TT it didn't seem like alot in my head orz so i'll just squeeze more kyusung moments in the nxt chap then lolz anyways there seems to b a problem with me lately though. Whenever i update now its always past midnigt T^T its really annoying and a weird routine for me cuz i am so not used to this and trying to get out of the habit of typing so late but gah oh wells i'll figure it out soon enuff :P anyways hope u enjoyed the random stuff i put in this chap^^