Camp Activity 15: Finding A Partner

Life on the Top Bunk Bed

"Go away." Yesung growled once Kyuhyun began to climb the ladder on his way to the top bunk. His hair was still damp from the shower and he only flipped his hair to annoy the redhead. 

"What? You've been following me all day just to get an explanation out of me and now you're telling me off?" Kyuhyun scoffed not believing his ears. The boy wouldn't let him go all day, pestering him after the laps, following him to lunch and dinner and even to the extent of the bathroom where Kyuhyun was forced to deal with Yesung's voice bothering him outside of the stall or in the urinal next to his. It was all too much and now he was willing to approach Yesung and he was being shoved away?

"I'm not going to let you sleep with me. I'm not insane." Yesung reasoned as he hugged his pillow to his chest and blocked the way again. He had wasted a day's energy on trying to get what he want and yet he failed. Now he was too tired to continue trying.

"I guess you don't want an explanation then." Kyuhyun shrugged and began to descend the ladder.

"Wait. Explain first."

"Nope." a grin surfaced Kyuhyun's face as he tackled Yesung making the bed shake. He pushed the boy back on the mattress holding him in a headlock while Yesung struggled helplessly. He began to claw at Kyuhyun's arm a signal that he couldn't breathe.

"Will you let me sleep here?" Kyuhyun threatened but there was no answer. Yesung didn't want to answer and he could barely answer. The arm around Yesung's neck tightened making Yesung nod furiously. "Alright, goodnight." Kyuhyun removed the arm and laid back in bed, closing his eyes. 

"You didn't explain yet!" Yesung snapped as he shook the boy's arm. He was ignored and Yesung resulted to pillow smashing Kyuhyun's face hoping he would finally get some words out of him. Still, Yesung was ignored and Kyuhyun began fake snoring just to get on his nerves. Not about to give up Yesung straddled Kyuhyun's thighs and brought his pillow down on Kyuhyun's face full force.

"Yah!" he was awake now. "Get off me!" Kyuhyun glared at Yesung. The boy was straddling his thighs, a dangerous position he chose.

"No, not until you explain."

"You're moving up." Kyuhyun's eyes narrowed as he pointed at where Yesung was sitting. Yesung had shifted slightly upwards from Kyuhyun's thighs the harder he had tried to hit Kyuhyun with the pillow. Even in the dark Kyuhyun could see the boy's cheeks redden and he hoped his wasn't as red. Yesung quickly scrambled off Kyuhyun and sat crosslegged next to him.

"Do you really want an explanation of why I'm sleeping with you?" Kyuhyun sighed finally giving into Yesung's pestering. He glanced to his left to see Yesung nodding. He didn't want this, he didn't want to tell Yesung his lifestory Somehow it shamed him to tell Yesung. 'I'm messed up', how could he ever utter that outloud? But something told Kyuhyun it was okay to tell.

"I'm messed up."

"You are." Yesung agreed making Kyuhyun chuckle.

"Not like that. My life is messed up." he paused and directed his gaze away from Yesung and to the ceiling instead. "My family's at the bottom of the economy. Dad's a horrible gambler. Mom's a pure . After looking at them then looking at the son what else can they say? It's Cho Kyuhyun, his father owes money and his mother probably has STDs. Everyone sees me and judges me automatically due to my background." Kyuhyun sighed and kept his eyes trained on the ceiling. It was better than facing Yesung's expression. He probably looks disgusted now.

"One day, I want to be at the top, when my background doesn't make who I am. But...I can't. Not yet." it was why the top bunk bed was left untouched ever since Kyuhyun had arrived at the camp. It was the top, where he didn't belong. Even though he wanted to stand there one day it was impossible now. Finally he risked a glance at Yesung. In the dark he could still make out his face thanks to the moon light that shone from the window. The boy laid down next to him, their arms touching.

"I'm messed up too." Yesung confessed.

"You are." Kyuhyun smiled taking his words and earning a small glare.

"I'm adopted, can you believe that?" Yesung laughed dryly and stared at the ceiling too. This time Kyuhyun was the one that watched him. "I once thought I had everything I wanted in the world. My family wasn't particularly poor but we were rich enough. I had a loving father and mother, even a cool brother. I had awesome friends, good grades, and I was living a typical sixteen year old life." he sighed and gulped hoping his voice wouldn't crack. It couldn't. Never again over something so stupid. 

"Then, it comes crashing down. Father became ill and it turns out he owed his company alot of money. My mother eventually kicked me out and fled with my brother. Even though he was adopted too he was always favored more since people always thought he looked like my mom." Yesung turned towards Kyuhyun and they held each other's gaze.

"You know the rest from there." Yesung said as he remembered the day Kyuhyun comforted him when he had recieved the letter. Kyuhyun remembered too. What had even made him act that way? It wasn't like him, this isn't like him. Suddenly the atmosphere grew extremely quiet yet it was a comfortable quietness as they laid next to each other. Thinking Yesung might be asleep Kyuhyun decided to break the silence.

"Was the explanation satisfying?" the redhead turned to Kyuhyun and nodded. "Don't you dare tell anyone what I said!" Kyuhyun's tone changed to his usual arrogant one making Yesung roll his eyes. The usual Kyuhyun is back.

"Shut up and go to sleep, you're noisy!" Yesung snapped, annoyed that Kyuhyun would change so quickly. Besides he wanted to go to sleep as soon as possible without having to fret over the fact that Cho Kyuhyun was sleeping next to him, again.

"Fine." the delinquent murmured and Yesung felt an arm slip over his waist and Kyuhyun's warm breath was on his neck. Glancing down, Yesung saw the boy sleeping on his shoulder and damn was his head heavy. Yesung froze as he debated whether he should just kick him off the bunk. 'He can't sleep up here alone.' Yesung reminded himself. That was the perfect reason to continue sleeping at the top, together.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

Lunch seemed extremly awkward. Someone was missing at the usual picnic table. Yesung slowly turned to look at Ryeowook while he drank his Pepsi. The boy slowly turned to meet Yesung's gaze.

"I know, you're going to ask me where's Sungmin." The blonde sighed and dropped his plastic fork back into his tray. His food was left untouched the past ten minutes they have been sitting there.

"Yeah. It's quite when the two of you are missing one." Yesung set his drink down on the table and glanced at his tray. He ate more than Ryeowook but with the awkward atmosphere he really didn't eat much. "What happened to him?"

"He changed, that's what happened. He became a selfish stubborn jerk, that's what happened!" Ryeowook's voice rose by every word and once he had finished everyone in the picnic table area was staring at the two of them. Yesung lowered his head trying to avoid everyone's stares but Ryeowook didn't care at all and continued fuming. Grabbing the boy's hand, Ryeowook quickly snatched their trays up and discarded them before dragging Yesung away.

They stopped in the garden where Yesung and Kyuhyun always had to water the plants for punishment. Ryeowook sat down on the bench across the large patch of flowers. He brought his legs up on the bench, hugging them before patting the space next to him motioning for Yesung to sit down. Once Yesung had sat down awkwardly Ryeowook rested his chin on his knees and stared at the flowers.

"We fought." there was a small sniff and Yesung began to worry that Ryeowook was going to start crying. "We know that we're both gay and he knows that I like him. But the moment I tell him, he announces he has a girlfriend." Then the tears started coming out. Each salty tear rolled down Ryeowook's cheeks and landed on his knees. Not wanting Yesung to see his ugly crying face, he buried it in his arms instead. Yesung didn't know what to do or how to comfort him and resulted to wrapping an arm around the boy and squeezing his shoulder.

"It'll be alright." he murmured and wish his friend would stop crying some time soon. He didn't sound or look pretty when he cried. Suddenly, Ryeowook turned around and hugged Yesung, wrapping his arms around the boy's waist. He needed a hug and he needed it now. Since Sungmin was always the one to give him hugs who else could he go to but Yesung? Yesung was surprised but he didn't push him away and just embraced the boy. He needed comforting, what kind of friend would push him away at a time like this? "It's probably a misunderstanding."

"What if it's not?" Ryeowook began bawling, soaking Yesung's shirt with his tears. All Yesung could do was just comfort him, what else could he do?

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

Kyuhyun was walking through the camp with Eunhyuk and Donghae. They wouldn't stop talking about disease and sickness. This was exactly why Kyuhyun asked himself on days why he was even friends with the two idiots. When they were crossing the garden from afar Kyuhyun couldn't help but to catch his eyes on someone. No doubt was it Yesung. His dark red hair was so noticeable making it easy to tell who it was from afar. But who was the other person? The person in Yesung's arms. Kyuhyun felt a lump form in his throat as he watched them pull away from each other. It was Ryeowook.

"You guys go on, I have to do something." Kyuhyun tried to tell his friends but they both grabbed his arms preventing him from leaving.

"You can't, we're already late to Heechul's announcement." Eunhyuk complained and he was dragged away. Kyuhyun had no choice but to go along with it but the lump in his throat was still there.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

"I am here to announce that the annual Diva Games will begin tomorrow. To those who have been here before must already know what these games are. There are five parts to this game. You will need to complete each part with a partner so make sure you find one by tomorrow morning, there will be no changing unless necessary." mumurs broke out in the crowd as Heechul beckoned his secretary to give him some water. After drinking the bottle water and making a big show of it Heechul grabbed the mic again.

"The first game is canoeing and setting up camp. The second game is scavenger hunting for my beautiful shoes that have been thrown into the forest since they were so last month. The third game is a race. The fourth game is a fasion show, no you don't have to use your own clothes, clothes will be provided for you. And the last game," he paused making everyone silence waiting for him to continue. A smirk crept onto Heenim's face as he eyed all the delinquents. "Is a secret."

Everyone threw glares at him, some people yawned and acted like they were bored. But in truth the Diva Games was what everyone looked forward to at the camp. It was a chance to not have tutors everyday.

"Let the Diva Games begin!!!" someone coughed interrupting the man.

"You're supposed to say that tomorrow." Hankyung whispered from the side of the platform. "And you didn't announce the prize."

"Ah yes, right, I'll do that tomorrow. I mean, find your partners!" Heechul corrected himself and hurridely rushed off while blaming Hankyung for his mistake. All the delinquents were looking at each other. Those with friends already found each other. Others were threatened to become partners. It was lucky there wasn't a huge fight this time unlike last year.

"Eunhyuk you're mine."

"Donghae you're mine." the two friends said at the same time making everyone around them roll their eyes. Honestly, they could make anyone throw up when they wanted to.

"Kyuhyun, who's your partner?" they turned to ask their friend. Kyuhyun only looked around the crowd. Maybe he could just pound a kid into becoming his partner like last time. That was until his eyes landed on that redhead. He was going to be his partner, that was that.

"Yah, Yesung, you're my partner." he announced after walking up to him. Then his eyes narrowed when he saw Ryeowook next to him. It was him again.

"Why should I?"

"Because you're my roomate." he reasoned. It was why he picked Yesung in the first place, right?

"So?"

"Don't tell me you already have a partner!" Kyuhyun scoffed. Why couldn't Yesung just say yes, was it that hard?

"I'm his partner." Ryeowook announced and that was when the nasty little green monster within Kyuhyun was unleashed again. Just like the night Yesung got kissed by Ara.



panda: omg dish is like sho cliche but every camp needs SOME kinda camp activity OTL ive been titling each chapter as camp activities i cant not do anything but hopefully this goes well and doesnt become too cliche :D hope u guys will like the Diva Games XDDD