Camp Activity 22: We're Off to Find a Secret

Life on the Top Bunk Bed

If you are no longer interested in the story scroll to the bottom there my author note contains and explanation to the long hiatus! Thank you and sorry



“The last and final game of the Diva Games -” an ear-deafening of feet stomping cut the director off. The red haired director threw a glare at Donghae and Eunhyuk. “A drumroll was not necessary.” he scolded the leaders of the interruption.

“Anywho, before I was so rudely cut off, the last and final game of the Diva Games will be the Secret Game.” the anticipation among the crowd vanished within a second. It sounded so freaking lame.

“Each couple will have 24 hours to discover each other’s secrets. The couple with the best secrets revealed will win first.” Heenim announced with an anticipating smirk that didn’t match the mood of his campers.

“That’s so lame why can’t we have something with more pizazz!?” a kid shouted.

“You’re so boring.”

“This entire game was stupid anyways!”

An eyebrow twitched in agitation on the redhead’s face as he crossed his arms and tapped his foot. The familiar pose of annoyance told his secretary immediately what he was to do.

“You’re dismissed! We’ll all host the last game tomorrow in exactly 24 hours.” Hankyung took control over the delinquents and shooed them out of Heechul’s sight. The secretary turned back to his Heenim who pinched the bridge of his nose with his delicate fingers and sighed.

“Wretched brats.”

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

The warm, familiar blankets are welcoming when Yesung snuggles under them. They smell like faint lavender and the fabric softener that he uses. Yesung stretches his limbs out and rolls to the left then the right loving just how comfortable his mattress is, he was so glad he claimed the top bunk the moment he returned or else Kyuhyun would’ve taken it back immediately.

“Stop moving. The bed is creaking from all the weight, I’m scared you’re going to fall.” a haughty voice said from below causing Yesung to sit up and give two bounces just to irritate Kyuhyun.

“Well at least you care for my safety. I’ll stop-”

“If you fall you’ll break through the boards and land on me.” Kyuhyun remarked insensitively and Yesung resulted in bouncing a couple more times before lying back down.

Yesung watched the shadows from the trees outside the window dance around on the ceiling. They brought back a tinge of nostalgia. Long summer nights during Yesung’s childhood used to be filled with pulling his father over to read a bedtime story until Yesung didn’t care for the scary shadows that haunted the ceiling.

Brushing the memories aside, the boy rolls over on his side and hangs his arms over the side bars of the top bunk bed so he was looking down at Kyuhyun whose eyes were already closed. Saddened that he was left alone in the quiet darkness with too much on his mind that prevented him from the lure of sleep, Yesung dangles his arms, waving them before Kyuhyun’s shut eyelids and whispering ‘psst’ a couple of times. Kyuhyun peeks open one eye that glares up at the redhead that disturbed his sleep.

“Tell me your biggest secret.” Yesung prods but his roommate just turns on his side and closes his eyes.

“Come on. You have to talk to me before I sleep.”

“Why?” Kyuhyun asks barely turning back around. His blankets were pushed to the corner of his bed, he never liked sleeping with blankets no matter how cold it was.

“It helps me sleep better.”

“Not my problem.” with Kyuhyun’s blunt answer ended the exchange and Yesung lied back down. Since his roommate didn’t want to talk, like how they always did at night, Yesung focused on the millions of thoughts running through his mind. There were thoughts on life, on death, on everything. This is exactly why Yesung needs someone to talk to him before he goes to bed because his mind gets overwhelmed and it affects his sleeping too much. He wanted to roll over and ask Kyuhyun what’s his biggest secret again or just talk about anything but the soft tired snores from below told Yesung it wasn’t the best thing to do. No one likes a cranky Kyuhyun disturbed from his sleep.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

There was a loud creak causing Kyuhyun to stir from his sleep. The door to the bathroom was open with a small crack that allowed light to stray out. Kyuhyun sat up and squinted to make out what was going on in the bathroom. The door opened and there was a flash of what seemed like smooth legs and turtle patterned boxers. Kyuhyun shut his eyes and waited for Yesung to get back in bed without realizing his roommate had been watching him but the climbing of the ladder to the top bunk wasn’t heard.

“Happy birthday Ddangkoma the 20th. Make a wish.” Yesung whispers and Kyuhyun shifts quietly in bed to see what was going on. In the corner of the room beside a cabinet and a pile of laundry Yesung was squatting and talking to something. There were more whispers about birthdays and presents then came the last whisper of a ‘goodnight’. When Yesung made it back up to the top bunk and Kyuhyun assumed he was asleep, Kyuhyun tiptoed out of his bed to find the so called ‘Ddangkoma’.

In the corner Kyuhyun could faintly make out something that was moving in a large box. He took out his cellphone and shone the light around the area. A turtle. Two turtles. Three, five, ten. Twenty turtles. The boy dropped his phone the device clattering onto the ground and disturbing the silence. Heechul would kill if he found out Yesung was raising turtles in his dorms. That was one of the big rules, no pets allowed.

There were rustles of the blankets from the top bunk. Kyuhyun turned around slowly to see Yesung who was sitting up in bed.

“Kyuhyun.”

“Y-yes.”

There was a long silence and a deadly aura. Kyuhyun was afraid that the redhead would latch out and bite him.

“I told you to get me the strawberry milk not the chocolate one! Look, Donghae and Eunhyuk drank it all already.”

His whines dissolved to soft murmurs as he lied back down. Kyuhyun released the breath he was holding. His roommate wears turtle patterned boxers. His roommate sleeptalks. His roommate raises turtles. Such wonderful secrets to tell.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

"So have you found any secrets about Kyuhyun yet?" Eunhyuk and Donghae asked in unison while the group of friends ate lunch on the grass.

"Nope, you two are close to him do you know anything that could help?" Yesung asked and bit into his sandwich which already began to fall apart. He's always so messy with sandwiches.

"You actually know just as much about him as we do, if not more." Eunhyuk informed.

"He doesn't like talking to us about personal stuff and when he hides things he's really good at hiding them." Donghae added. Yesung's mood was brought down. 24 hours to find a secret and he was wasting time.

"What about something about Kyuhyun that no ones knows about here? You have some kind of secret right?"

"Well, there's a drawing of a behind Kyuhyun's ear where it's hard to see. Donghae did that." Eunhyuk said after some thought.

"Kyuhyun once appeared in a o because he entered his mom's room by accident and then left."

"He slept with a stuffed elephant until the age of 14."

A relieved smile fied Yesung's face. Those were good enough secrets. His goal wasn't to win but to hopefully have a better secret than Kyuhyun. It scared him to know what Kyuhyun will be able to find out about him.

"If that doesn't work keep making lies up and don't let Kyuhyun interrupt. That's what we're going to do since we know everything about each other." The couple nodded and was then immersed with feeding each other m&ms.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

Yesung felt a slight tinge of guilt as he was walking back to the dorms. Would Kyuhyun be mad if those "secrets" were revealed? After all, he didn't tell them and secrets are meant to be secrets. Yesung brushed his worries aside. He was sure Kyuhyun was busy uncovering his secrets as well so they were even.

"Please keep your big red head up and your eyes open while your clumsy peasant feet wander about my land." A cold voice hissed when Yesung's head bumped into someone. A strong perfume wafted from the person. The person was also clothed in red and black, a dead giveaway to their identity.

Yesung quickly stumbled back, opening his mouth to find words for an apology, but the Heenim had already walked off.

"By the way you dropped something." The director called back without stopping. Yesung glanced down. There was a photo on the ground by his feet. He picked it up and flipped it over. It was a picture of Kyuhyun and Ms. Lee together at a nice dinner date. Yesung turned around to ask Heenim about the photo but the red head diva was nowhere to be seen. He didn’t know what to do with it. If someone found it then there would be huge trouble and drama but he didn’t want to keep it. Seeing it just made his head hurt and his chest tighten for some unknown reason. Maybe it was the sun and the heat that was making him feel this way. Yeah, that sounds about right. In the end the boy stuffed the picture into his pocket and headed back to the dorms.

In front of the door to his shared dorm with Kyuhyun was a box surrounded by Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Ryeowook. They were chatting loudly while squatting around the large, oddly familiar, box.

“I’m going to name that one Kiki.” Ryeowook chirped.

“You name everything Kiki can’t you find a different name?” Sungmin complained.

“What are you guys looking at?” Yesung asked in wonder. His eyes widened when he saw what the box contained. The remaining 12 or so turtles were crawling over each other or just sitting in corners. The remaining turtles. The turtles. Yesung’s turtles that used to add up to 20 were being sold by his roommate. He shifted his gaze towards Kyuhyun who was grinning evilly like always.

“What are you doing?”

“Finding a home for these poor little creatures that I found in our dorm.” Kyuhyun replied with a smile that was all too fake.

“Cho Kyuhyun before you ever do anything stupid with my property ask me about it first.” the furious boy knelt down and grabbed the box of turtles, brushing Ryeowook and Sungmin aside before storming into the dorms slamming the door behind him.

“If Heechul finds out about this all your turtles will end up somewhere worse than Ryeowook’s bed!” Kyuhyun screamed at the shut door but was only answered with silence. Sungmin and Ryeowook quickly scrambled away seeing there were no more turtles to buy. Kyuhyun sighed and opened the door to find Yesung on the top bunk with the box in his lap as he whispered to the creatures.

“It’s not like they’re your actual pets, you found them at the camp stop being so overly obsessed.” Kyuhyun’s murmurs were loud enough for Yesung to hear making the boy’s heart swell with rage.

“Where’s the biggest one with the red ribbon around its neck?” he asked instead of exploding with every known insult.

“Dunno, why?”

Yesung broke. He set his box down before rushing out of the dorm, throwing Kyuhyun a glare that told him not to even think about touching his turtles again, and went out in search for his special turtle. It was the little friend that he had met the first week at the camp that gave him a reason to stay sane from all the drama. It was the only friend that Yesung knew wouldn’t possibly end up hurting him in the end.

After hours and hours of searching the entire campus for the turtle, Yesung gave up and returned to the dorm. Kyuhyun was sound asleep and snoring. That night, Yesung fell asleep with Kyuhyun’s picture in his hand wondering how he would word this deadly secret.



panda: first of all woah i am so not used to this new format of aff lmao so many more new things!!! second of all i am so sorry to those who are reading this. i dont blame those that will unsubscribe or leave cuz well i did stall this for so long and ive given up on this story so many times. but as a new years resolution i shall complete this ff and hopefully others. I dont know why I gave up on this fanfic for the latter half of 2013 when school started. It wasn't too much school stress for the majority of the time nor was it any stress. I guess I lost motivation. What do I write? Who do I write for? I told myself to write for my readers and I know this sounds terrible of me but it wasn't enough motivation. But now I'm writing for the story because every story deserves an ending, a conclusion, whether it's good or bad I will finish it. I don't know how much longer this fanfic will be but until it ends I will make the best memories with it. I'm going to be proud of my work from now on even if they're not really worth it^^  I hope those who are staying to read won't be disappointed with future chapters and to those that are leaving and extremely disappointed with my abandoning this story I am deeply sorry I am a very horrible author especially to her loyal wonderful readers. But from this chapter on I'll make sure I do my best and never give up again and give you guys a wonderful experience^^ HAPPY NEW YEARS!

Also, i removed the "members only" and the "subscribers only" thing because i only put those up because I didn't really want anymore people to read a story that was put on hiatus. (i really should've just put hiatus in the title that was stupid of me :P) but those won't be put up again so go ahead and unsubscribe or subscribe or read and comment or read and stay silent :))) 

and to those who were reading my other stories like Heartbeats. I have no idea when I'll be writing that one. I was planning on just finishing this story first before continueing that one but I may try to write both at the same time! 

Now enough with the longass author note :P thank you beautiful readers and those commenters down there I LOVE YOU GUISE