Camp Activity 3: Singing Exercises

Life on the Top Bunk Bed

The three-hour ride to the camp was driving Kyuhyun insane. He was looking forward to the summer camp as usual of course but it was just the boredom and the annoying friends seated before him that drove him up the wall. That morning he had woken up excited and giddy for June 21st, his first day away from hell. His parents hardly glanced at him when he had rushed out of the apartment with a bag slung over his shoulder and a suitcase trailing after him. Only his mom yelled at him, something about a client willing to double the pay for gay service.

"The wheels on the bus go round and round!" Donghae, a rather loud kid, screeched in the seat in front of Kyuhyun's.

"Hey!" Eunhyuk, a monkey like kid, yelled after his friend beside him. This was the exact "annoying friends" that Kyuhyun couldn't stand for another hour.

"Round and round!"

"Ho!"

"Round and Round!" they paused while Kyuhyun covered his ears trying to block out the horrible noises. Relief spread over him since he thought everything was over.

"The~ wheels on the bus go round and round." Donghae started again causing Kyuhyun to groan loudly but he was unheard.

"Hey!" Eunhyuk added.

"All through the town!" they sang the last line together while making jazz hands. 

"HOES!" Kyuhyun stood up to scream, mimicking Eunhyuk's part, finally fed up with their childish ways. The song had been repeated over and over again for the past two hours. The hand motions and everything were added and some idiots around the back of the bus, where they were seated even joined in. That was what drove Kyuhyun nuts. He had completely forgotten about these two who would make the bus seem worse than home; it was that bad.

"Yah, maknae, do you finally want to sing with us?" Donghae perked up as he turned around in his seat to grin down at Kyu.

"The people on the bus go up and down!" Eunhyuk began and the two began sitting and standing, moving up and down like oompa-loompas. Kyuhyun covered his head with his hands then resulted in burying his head in his jacket while the close friends sang their hearts out. They weren't the worse of the bus though. Paper airplanes, hornets, rubber bands, spit balls, even pillow pets were thrown around the bus, a few hitting the bus driver. Luckily, Kyuhyun never got hit, he was feared among the campers too much to ever be targeted. He was the only person that has every dared insult the Heenim to his face and get away with it, no better reason to fear him. Only Donghae and Eunhyuk seem to be unaffected by Kyuhyun in any way. They had Kyu's weakness since they were able to annoy him to death.

"I am so glad you have each other. You always have to room with each other." Kyuhyun chuckled when the best friends stopped singing and turned to listen to what Kyuhyun had to say since it had to do with them.

"If one of you were gone then I would rather die than room with either of you."

"What's wrong with Donghae!?" Eunhyuk snapped, not liking the way his friend was being bashed. He saw something special in his friend to always have to sleep with him at the camp and always have to be nearby him.

"What's wrong with Eunhyuk!?" Donghae snapped too, Eunhyuk was an interesting friend he always had fun with. He needed him, Donghae had already became too dependent on him.

"Eunhyuk has smelly feet, addiction, and is ugly, meaning it will bring my reputation down. And as for you Donghae, you're too clingy, too loud, and has the most annoying voice when you screech so imagine listening to that everytime you go in the shower." Kyuhyun shuddered and plugged his ear buds in when Donghae and Eunhyuk opened their mouths to scream insults. He pretended he couldn't hear them and closed his eyes to listen to his music. He was very glad he didn't have either of them for a roomate, he was glad he didn't have a roomate at all period. Devilish Smiles for Divas is his territory, espicially that room. The camp was like a safe haven to him even though Kyuhyun hated to admit that in front of people, Heenim most importantly. If this year, he could finally do what the camp is supposed to make divas do. Smile.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

All of the campers had gathered around at the cafetaria. Heechul stood on one of the picnic tables looking very official and important while Hankyung stood beside him holding flash cards scribbled with the speech. The crowd of boys and girls, all ages from 5-18, were pushing each other to get to see the great Heenim. Kyuhyun was caught between the best friends, Eunhyuk and Donghae, and a really fat kid who had stolen a donut from the bus driver.

"Ahem! Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3." Heechul cleared his throat as he spoke through an imaginary microphone. Everyone silenced as Hankyung loudly shushed everyone.

"Welcome to the 2013 Divalish Smiles for Divas. We welcome those that are new, and those that aren't...well I'm sorry for you that you are back here." Heechul grinned and looked around waiting for chuckles but it was so silent the crickets chirping were even loud.

"Well, I hope you all know that this is a summer camp/ school. Once you are settled in today, tomorrow we shall begin review classes. We all know that none of you pay attention in those classes, you rather stare in the mirror like I used to do when I was a kid in school, or maybe go around making love babies. I don't want to know about all of that, just don't let me see it or I'll broadcast it all over camp grounds because it's so amusing how you little kids think you can kiss." Heechul chuckled for a long while before returning to his speech.

Kyuhyun stiffled a yawn, he wanted to just go to his room. He was stiff from the bus ride here. Suddenly, Kyuhyun felt something cold send shivers down his back. It was, like, an aura. It gave people the feeling they get when people suspect there is someone or something following them or is around the corner. That was what Kyuhyun felt. He turned around looking for the source of his shivers but only met eyes with a creepy boy black hollow eyes. Thinking he saw a ghost Kyuhyun quickly turned back around with a gulp and focused on Heechul.

"Devilish Smiles for Divas. We all know that each and every one of you have experienced something horrid to be sent here, some worse than others. But there's no need to fret because do you know what this camp is about? It is about smiling, I have guaranteed that before the age of 20, all of you will have at least smiled once here. And not just any smile but a genuine smile." the chills Kyuhyun felt worsened and Kyu turned around again to check if the creepy boy was still there. He had turned around and walked away towards the boys dorms as if laughing at Heenim's words. Kyuhyun couldn't believe someone would actually not listen to Heenim's words, someone besides him. Immediately, Kyu knew he didn't like the kid. He might be more obnoxious and arrogant than Kyuhyun, seeing his weird aura already seemed to back up his point. But what did the boy have against Heenim's idea of making people smile?



Panda: is this fanfic going terribly slow? i feel like it has v.v aish im sorry and it doesnt seem very interestin huh lol oh well i wuv my OTP so gotta write it :3 its like 2am and im typin this...i needa get a life nd some sleep v.v

Feel free to susbscribe, comment, upvote, all of that~^^