Camp Activity 17: Shoe Hunting

Life on the Top Bunk Bed

The next day was mostly spent on the tutors critisizing everyone on how their tents were set up. All the campers were dying for the second game to take place. But Heechul and his secretary was nowhere to be seen. It was only the tutors that went around kicking at tents to see if they would fall and taking points off from each couple here and there.

"Aish when will the next game going to be announced." Kyuhyun groaned as he rolled over his sleeping bag. He had been in his tent all day not really caring if a tutor's shoe would punctuate the tent and hit him in the face. He was lucky that none of them were wearing heels except for one tutor, although that might have been Heechul.

"Yah! Cho Kyuhyun, why are you still here? One of your friends fell in the lake." Sungmin had suddenly burst into the tent, blonde hair plastered to his forehead with sweat. Kyuhyun's eyes widened. The first person he thought of was Yesung. It surprised him that the boy would be the first to pop into his mind. He didn't have time to ponder it though there was a life to save. Before Sungmin could give more information on the tragedy, Kyuhun was sprinting across the grass pushing by campers. The land on the other side of the lake where they had set up camp was smaller than the land by their actual campus. But it was large and flat enough to hold the a bit over 50 delinquents. 

When Kyuhyun had reached the lake there were already a crowd of people gathering around the water. Worry written all over his face, Kyuhyun shoved people out of the way to reach the water. Water was splashing everywhere then stilled until the hand that was left of Yesung disappeared. The few campers that were surrounding the scene were all daring each other to go save the kid. Kyuhyun didn't have to think twice and had already kicked off his shoes and dived into deeper part of the cool lake. Cold water hit his face as he swam around looking for Yesung. At least, that's who he thought he was saving. More people had arrived at the scene. Sungmin had come bounding out with whatever energy he had left. 

"Oh my gosh, what happened!?" a familiar voice screeched next to the blonde's ear. "Is no one saving them?" he screamed again and ran towards the water. Sungmin quickly grabbed his wrist pulling the blonde kid back before he could rush in. The boy turned around as he was being pulled and bumped into Sungmin's chest. Sungmin gulped as he looked into the blonde's eyes. They still held a hurt expression. Finally realizing what situation they were in, Ryeowook quickly pushed Sungmin away from him only to stumble backwards. Sungmin quickly flung his arm out wrapping around Ryeowook's waist but unfortunately they both fell into the shallow lake water.

"Idiot." Sungmin muttered before groaning when Ryeowook punched his arm. Just because the boy looked frail he could really punch. The blonde groaned rolling off his twin and on his back. Ryeowook growled and stood up glaring at him before walking off. Before Sungmin could chase after him the crowd around the lake suddenly roared with applause. He quickly turned around to see Kyuhyun hauling a body to shore.

Kyuhyun was not wearing a very happy expression and when he trudged back onto land he shot Sungmin a glare. The boy threw his hands in the air not understanding what he did to deserve all this hate.

"Donghae! Donghae!" Eunhyuk screeched as he pushed past people to hug the wet, unconcious body on the grass where Kyuhyun had set the boy down.

"Stop your crying and start feeding him your stinky breath." Kyuhyun snapped as he stripped out of his drenched shirt and wishing he could do the same with his shorts.

"It's called CPR." Eunhyuk snapped back before smoothing the dripping bangs out of Donghae's face. His fingers parted Donghae's lips before he placed his on them. They were soft, they always were soft and even though they were probably washed out Donghae still tasted sweet. But that wasn't what Eunhyuk should be focusing on right now. He blew air into his boyfriend's mouth before pulling away and repeating his movements until the brown haired boy sat up coughing up a bit of water. Just to make the situation alot cheesier, they embraced each other tightly making some from the audience coo and most of the crowd to quickly escape the disgusting fairy tale moment.

"Yah, what the were you doing in the lake?" Kyuhyun roared as he rubbed his temples. He honestly thought it was Yesung, he was worried, dreading it was Yesung. It bothered him so much that he was that worried. Sure, maybe Sungmin was right about him having feelings for the redhead. Maybe it was a small summer fling or something and the feelings would immediately disappear the next week.

"I-I...I saw a fish." Donghae muttered making Kyuhyun's eyes narrow and Eunhyuk hug him closer for protection. "I swear, it wasn't just any old fish. I'm positive it was orange and had white stripes, I swear!" Running his fingers through his hair Kyuhyun growled and Sungmin who was standing up from the water grimacing at how wet he had gotten his clothes thanks to Ryeowook.

"Yah, Sungmin, you lied to me." he snarled but Sungmin merely shrugged looking innocent.

"I said it was one of your friends, who did you think it was?"

"Nevermind." Kyuhyun gave up and stormed off ignoring the few stares he got from anyone that stayed behind to watch the cheesy Eunhae hug scene that was most likely going to be followed by a kiss scene. He was mad, furious, because the moment he heard about the accident his heart nearly leaped out of his throat. Why was he feeling this way? It wasn't like Yesung made him worry this much before. On his way back to the tent where Kyuhyun planned to sulk for the rest of the day he bumped into the red head.

"Yah! Where in the world were you? Are you insane to just be off anywhere? Do you want to die?" he screamed yanking Yesung's arm.

"What are you talking about? I was just walking Ryeowook back to the tent, he got wet." Yesung defended as he tried not to fall from the pain in his arm. Kyuhyun had a really tight grip.

"Oh, Ryeowook of course it's Ryeowook." Kyuhyun sighed throwing his hands up in the air.

"What? Do you want me to walk you back to your tent too?"

"Actually, that would be very nice seeing that I'm a lot wetter than that little . You're saying he got wet? He probably misses his little Sungminnie so much like I predicted."

"Not that kind of wet-"

"All campers gather around the campfire for announcements on the second game." Hankyung held a large megaphone as his voice boomed across camp. Kyuhyun and Yesung exchanged looks before heading towards the campfire trying to go different directions.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

"The second part of the Diva game will begin shortly once I explain what you have to do in the next two hours or so." Heechul announced lazily as he sat on a fake log made just for him while everyone else sat on the grass or their own real logs. "The second game is the scavanger hunt!!!" The diva looked around the campfire expecting for applause. There was complete silence even though the delinquents knew the consequences for upsetting Heenim. Quickly, Hankyung began clapping and whooping until a few people joined in.

"Some thousand pairs of my old shoes are out there in the woods. Each couple will have ten pairs of shoes to find and whoever makes it back in two hours with all their shoes will be the winners. You don't have to look in pairs, that isn't necessary this time but all shoes must be found." Kyuhyun and Sungmin exchanged looks. That meant they wouldn't have to deal with each other, finallly.

The secretary stood up from the fake log he shared with Heechul since the man would only share it with his secretary. The chinese man nodded at the tutors and they all rushed around handing out lists of shoes to each couple. Kyuhyun stared down at his list before looking at Sungmin's next to his. They had the same of course being a couple. Every couple had their own list of ten pairs of shoes. But the forest was huge, there was no possible way the shoes could be found.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

The trees were shady yet it was still extremely hot outside. Kyuhyun sighed as he fanned himself with his hand, his other hand clutching the list. His clothes had already dried up from swimming in the lake having been walking in the woods for so long. The scavanger hunt had started so long ago he had lost track of time. And so far he had only managed to find one of the black stilettos. Why a grown man would wear them Kyuhyun didn't want to find out knowing the answer would give him nightmares watching Eunhyuk's .

"Yah, we only have five pairs left! You're fast Ryeowook." There were voices nearby and the name made Kyuhyun's ears perk up. It was definitely Yesung and Ryeowook. It irked him a bit knowing they had decided to search together.

"I'm really good with shoes and such, Sungminnie and I opened a tiny pink fashion business but it ended too soon since no one..." Ryeowook trailed off unable to finish. He cursed himself for bringing up the topic of Sungmin again. Yesung sighed and patted his friend's head before moving on to continue the search.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at the small gesture of affection that he did not take lightly before following after them. They didn't walk particularly fast since while they looked for shoes they would randomly point out things that would catch their attention.

"Yah! There's one of Heenim's converses." Yesung suddenly shouted as he glanced back and forth at his list. He and his partner were now standing on some rocky land. Small shrubs dotted the land nearby and from the hiding place behind a large bush, Kyuhyun saw that the land sloped a bit downwards almost like a tiny cliff.

"Ryeowook stay here, I'll go get it." Kyuhyun's eyes widened with horror when he heard Yesung utter those words. How much did he want to fling himself out there to stop the idiot but he couldn't do that, he couldn't be seen. 

Yesung lowered himself slightly down the large slope. The land curved downwards slightly dangerously then flattened out into smooth land. Just behind a small tree poked out Heenim's black converse. If Yesung could just make it down and find a way back up then everything would be fine.

"Be careful." Ryeowook warned as he crouched down on his knees to watch Yesung slowly slide himself down his fingers gripping to some hard rocks. Carefully he set his foot in stable places. A smile crept onto his face once he got the hang of it. Just a bit further and he would almost be to the bottom. Suddenly, his footing slipped causing the world to tilt around him. Pain shot through his ankle as he landed on it harshly, his body collapsing to the ground. A scream had escaped his mouth during the fall making both Ryeowook and Kyuhyun panic. Kyuhyun couldn't hold it in anymore, espicially after hearing that scream. Screw this bush, he told himself and ran out of his hiding spot quickly pushing Ryeowook aside so he could see where Yesung was.

"Go get help!" he ordered as he lowered himself down the slope in a rush.

"Bu-"

"Now!" Kyuhyun roared and off the boy ran. Without wasting anymore time he bent his knees and skillfully slid down the slope to stop right before Yesung. The boy was struggling to sit up but the tumble had made his arms and legs sore, as for his ankle it did not feel too well either. 

"Why are you here?" Yesung asked trying not to sound too weak. The last thing he needed was Kyuhyun picking on him for being so clumsy like he always did. Kyuhyun didn't answer the question as he knelt down and helped Yesung sit back against the rocky slope. Furrowing his eyebrows, Kyuhyun stared at Yesung's body. He didn't look too hurt but worry was still eating Kyuhyun alive. Yesung's clothes were a bit smudged with dirt so was his face. There was a tiny scrape on his forearm and a red scratch on his knee that had a small hint of blood seeping out. He didn't look too hurt, that was an underestimate in Kyuhyun's eyes.

"Aish, you're so freaking clumsy." Kyuhyun muttered making Yesung glare daggers at him. Why was he even here in the first place?

"Yah, what are you doing here? You should be looking for your shoes." Kyuhyun looked up at him shooting him an annoyed glare though it didn't carry the usual amount of annoyance usual which shocked Yesung. He was so used to seeing those glares were Kyuhyun's eyes finally going soft now? Just to kill the moment, a pain shot through Yesung's leg again when Kyuhyun squeezed his ankle tightly.

"Aaagh!!! Are you insane?" Yesung cried as he fell on his side hugging his knees to his chest while he sobbed over his hurt ankle.

"Let me see." Kyuhyun said bluntly and moved for Yesung's ankle but the boy rolled out of the way giving him a bewildered expression.

"You just hurt me why would I let you see my ankle?" The boy didn't give up though and went after the ankle. He had to see what condition it was in. Yesung continued to be stubborn as he rolled away again not caring if dirt got into his hair he just didn't want his ankle pulled off by a crazy delinquent.

"Let me see!" Kyuhyun repeated himself as he lunged for Yesung's leg. He was at an advantage since Yesung couldn't really manuveur around with a hurt body. Luckily his hand grabbed one of Yesung's knees and he took this chance to get his ankle but instead of being able to get a hold of Yesung's legs to examine his injuries, an attempted escape twist to the side pulled Kyuhyun forward falling ontop of him. One of Kyuhyun's hands caught himself as his face hovered inches away from Yesung's and his hand slipped upwards from Yesung's knee during the odd incident to rest on his thigh instead. Yesung gulped, their faces were close, too close. It was making him nervous in a way that he didn't like yet didn't hate. Kyuhyun's face got closer. Then closer. Yesung felt his eyes flutter shut slowly not knowing what he was expecting. What was he expecting? What in the world would he possibly want from Cho Kyuhyun? To get his erted hand (that was moving slightly upwards my leg) off my thigh, Yesung thought to himself. But he knew that wasn't partiucularly it. He peeked open one eye again. Kyuhyun's face was getting closer and closer and so were his lips.



panda: kiss!!!?? kyusung kiss!!!??? idk i left it off there so they havent kissed...YET kekekeke idk idk for sure yet :/ tbh i didnt know what i was typing half the time for this chap it was throwing kyu here and there bla bla make him swallow jars and jars of jelly agh i am so sorry for this badly written chapter TT TT im so frustrated with myself urgh i feel like my writing style keeps changing throughout this fanfic and its affecting the characterization REALLY badly TT.TT gah idk is it just me or is that what it seems like?