Camp Activity 20: Tent Gathering

Life on the Top Bunk Bed

The tent definitely was still there and Kyuhyun was pretty upset that Sungmin didn't pack it up. He did after all sleep in it too, though it was all Sungmin's work that set the tent up.

Yesung wasn't so happy with Sungmin either because he was now forced to spend another night with Kyuhyun. He was scared that last night's events would repeat and he wouldn't be able to decipher if he hated his delinquent roommate or can actually get along with him long enough to accept him as a friend. Anything more would be too much for Yesung to accept.

Yesung sighed as he sat down in the tent, crosslegged. It was already dark out once they arrived on the other side of the lake and gradually it was getting slightly cooler. The tent door was brushed aside as Kyuhyun's towering figure entered the tent.

"I put out the campfir-" there was a low growl that hung in the air for a while as Yesung clutched his stomach hoping it would go away. A smirk reached Kyuhyun's face as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and leaned down so his eyes met Yesung's. 

"We ate dinner before rowing back here and you're still hungry?" he teased.

"No." Yesung replied bluntly and turned his head away but another growl from his stomach proved that as a lie. Kyuhyun chuckled and straightened up.

"I'll go find some berries then." he said with a shrug and turned to leave but Yesung quickly grabbed the end of his shorts and pulled the boy back.

"Are you insane!? You nearly died today when you tried to eat those poisonous berries! Do you want to die!?" Yesung's voice rose as his nostrils flared. Seeing Kyuhyun be so careless just made Yesung oddly furious. The tall boy turned around and leaned back down without that smirk this time. It was annoying how Yesung always pestered him about the poisonous berries. Did the red head really think Kyuhyun was that careless to get himself killed?

"So what if I die? What will you do?" Kyuhyun asked inching his face closer to Yesung's who was shocked at Kyuhyun's reaction. The tall boy squatted down so he was face to face with Yesung. "Wouldn't it be better for a screwed up delinquent like me to just die and leave the face of the earth? My family wouldn't have to worry about keeping me alive. Teachers wouldn't have to worry about always staying to watch detention. Kids wouldn't have to worry about a big bad bully. The world would be better off, wouldn't it? So, what will you do? What can you do, if I die?" A sting spread across Kyuhyun's right cheek where he suddenly got slapped. His eyes were wide as he turned back around to stare at Yesung who was flaring with rage now.

"Don't ever say that again. Don't ever say you're going to die." Yesung ordered shakily. He hated hearing Kyuhyun say that though he didn't know why. "You can't just die. You can't just leave after what you've done to me. I'll drag you back from Hell and kill you myself if you just die." He said with gritted teeth while Kyuhyun held his stinging face with his hand.

"What have I done to you that would make you drag me back from Hell?" Kyuhyun asked as he slowly turned back around to look in Yesung's eyes.

A flash of annoyance spread through Yesung. The idiot didn't know what he had done to him! After a month together and all the crap that Yesung had to take from Kyuhyun, the idiot didn't know what he had done.

"You tried everything you could to kick me out of your dorm. You beat me up over jealousy because I got your girlfriend or whoever as my tutor. You drag me into doing stupid and getting me punishment with you for the entire summer. You don't trust me enough and kick me out of our dorm making me room with two girly idiots. You learned about my horrible adoption secret and decided to confuse me by suddenly comforting me that night. You freak out on me over pathetic truth or dare games. You forcefully sleep with me and mess with my mind whenever you do because I just don't know what to think anymore." Yesung paused to take a deep breath.

"You become some scary jerk when I try to help out my friend for the Diva Games. You make it seem like you hated me when the games started. You worry the out of me when you stupidly threw yourself into the lake (yes I did see that.) You make a 180 turn when I got hurt in the woods and become so caring again it messed me up all over again. Then, then, you did the worst thing ever. You decide to ing kiss me when I couldn't be anymore confused with your actions. I hate it. I want you out if my life but I can't seem to ever make that decision." The redhead finished recalling his entire summer with Kyuhyun. Now that he thought of it, it did sound pretty horrible. So, if Kyuhyun ever did decide to just die after all that happened Yesung wouldn't let him die so peacefully.

"You.." Kyuhyun stopped not knowing if he should be slightly flattered that Yesung remembered everything that happened between them or he should be mad that Yesung wanted him out of his life. "You were awake when...last night?" Kyuhyun murmured as the memory of Yesung sleeping on his arm under a starry night and Kyuhyun brushing their lips together.

"I-I was."

"I didn't kiss you okay! I-It was an accident and I was just, I fell and it's not like I voluntarily kissed you." Kyuhyun stuttered as a thousand excuses filled his head though the majority didn't even make sense.

"Well, it wasn't like I enjoyed the kiss." Yesung scoffed, though he knew he was lying somewhere.

"Pff, even if it was an accident anyone would enjoy a kiss from the Cho Kyuhyun." the boy snapped a bit alarmed and angry that Yesung didn't like his lips. He was sure all the girls back at camp would've fainted if they were in Yesung's spot.

"Well I didn't, okay? A kiss can't be enjoyed unless there are feelings behind them. You and I," Yesung pointed at Kyuhyun then at himself, "have no feelings. Why don't you try Ms. Lee it seems like you two have something going on." Yesung said remembering the moments when something happened between the two of them. Rage boiled within Kyuhyun at that as he scooted closer still in a squatting position. He had an avantage and was taller than Yesung who now had pulled his legs up against his chest afraid Kyuhyun was going to hurt him.

"That is none of your business." Kyuhyun growled as he leaned in causing their knees to press together and eventually their noses. Yesung held his breath afraid to move. The boy looked like he was going to devour him making Yesung freeze in his spot not able to run away.

"You really didn't like the kiss? You really didn't feel any emotion from it?" Kyuhyun breathed causing his breath to warm Yesung's face. The redhead didn't know how to answer because it would be a lie if he said he didn't.

"Did you want me to feel emotion and to like it?" he questioned instead.

"Yes." Kyuhyun muttered quietly though they both heard him making Yesung's eyes widen into the size of saucers. What did that even mean? Kyuhyun panicked and quickly stood up and ran out of the tent. He had let his mouth grow a mind of its own. But he couldn't deny the desire he had for Yesung's lips, for Yesung to have the same surge of emotion Kyuhyun had last night, and for kissing each other to be normal. It was weird. It was a different feeling, one that Kyuhyun never experienced before and it was confusing.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

The tent was dark when Kyuhyun went back in. Even though it was dark, he could still make out a shivering figure sleeping on the far left side of the tent. He was huddled into a ball, his shoulders slightly trembling. Kyuhyun decided to igore him. He wouldn't want to evoke anymore unwanted feelins for Yesung. Quietly, Kyuhyun laid down in his sleeping bag opposite of Yesung. He tried to go to sleep and make the entire night go by faster so they could both return to the other side of the lake for the fourth game, but there were faint sniffs from the opposite side of the small tent. Trying to ignore them, Kyuhyun cleared his throat loudly but they were still there. Reluctantly he turned over to see Yesung's shivering body. It was the summer so it wasn't espicially cold during the day, but at night, espicially this late, it would get pretty chilly.

Yesung jumped a little when he felt a warm body behind him and a sleeping bag that was thrown over him. Kyuhyun had ped his sleeping bag all the way to the bottom so it would spread out like a blanket. The taller boy scooted closer to the other who had his back facing Kyuhyun.

"Go away." Yesung muttered not willing to turn around.

"You'll freeze." 

"Then give me the entire sleeping bag." Yesung reasoned and tugged at the sleeping bag but Kyuhyun snatched it back before Yesung could hog it all.

"Then I would freeze." Kyuhyun snapped and moved closer under the sleeping bag while Yesung just stopped talking and kept his back to him. There was a long silence while Kyuhyun tried to think up of reasons for why he decided to sleep with Yesung like this. Was it because of pity for how cold the boy was? Was it because Kyuhyun wanted to sleep this close with the boy? Was it because some unknown emotion that drove him?

"Yesung." Kyuhyun called quietly but the boy didn't answer. "I think I like you. What do I do?" he whispered. It then took him a few seconds to realize that Yesung could still be awake like last night. Kyuhyun suddenly panicked, hoping he didn't stupidly confess for Yesung to hear. He shook the boy's shoulders then sat up to peer over Yesung's body to see if he was asleep. His eyes were closed and he was sleeping peacefully. He didn't hear a single word that Kyuhyun said. Relieved, Kyuhyun lied back down only to turn on his side to sleep with his chest pressed against Yesung's back. If Kyuhyun really does like Yesung, then sneaking precious moments like these wouldn't hurt right?

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

"The winners of the race, Kyuhyun and Yesung, get four hundred points." Heenim announced to the campers who immediately began screaming complaints.

"That's unfair! The first game you gave out three hundred, then you gave us two hundred, and they immediately get four hundred!?" Eunhyuk and Donghae screamed followed by sounds of agreement from the other campers. It was obvious that this was an unfair game, though Heenim did it every year.

"Watch out, they're ahead of you all." Heenim pointed out like it wasn't obvious. He ignored all the complaints and went on with the announcements while his secretary tried to shush everyone.

"The fourth game of the Diva Games will the fashion show. Judges that include Ms. Lee, Mr. Kibum, Leeteuk, and I will score you on your level of fashion sense. Different items and fabrics will be set on tables for you all to choose from to make costumes that match your partner. There will be no stealing, cutting, ruining, hiding, or burning of the items." Heenim turned his gaze to Eunhyuk and Donghae who were snickering again. "Once you have made your costume please go into one of the dressing rooms to change. We have set up a temporary building behind the catwalk filled with dressing rooms so there should probably be enough rooms for each person." 

"There is a theme for the costumes. This summer, the theme is Hawaii. Also, the couple costumes needs to be for a couple, one for a girl and one for a boy. Yes that means crossdressing, Donghae. We all know how much you love seeing Eunhyuk's legs espicially I gave him a full-body wax for punishment." Laughter erupted amongst the delinquents as they all turned to the two boys who were blushing. This time it took quite a while for Hankyung to silence everyone.

"You have two hours of preparation." Heechul made his last announcement before he sent all the kids running towards the groups of tables filled with random items.



panda: omg i finally got this chapter typed OTL ive had all day camp all week nd its the life out of me bcuz i gotta wake up at 8 TT TT i know thats not extremely early but it is to me bcuz ive been waking up round 10:30 all summer then im always up till 12ish watching dramas and stuff :/ but yup finally got this updated and imma try to squeeze in more updates before monday (?) cuz were gonna go to le beach TT TT urghhh i aint swimming imma just sit inside all day. bsides i cant swim :P OTL thats not a good thing i swear im gonna drown one day nd die haha but omg on a completely unrelated topic i have discovered Henber 0-0 with the help of a friend but omg i ship henry and amber so much now i feel so bad for neglecting zhoumi TT TT but then here i am hating myself cuz im liking the chinese idols in kpop Kpop KOREAN pop wut is wrong with meeee TT TT ofc i support henry, then i support amber cuz shes just awesome but shes chinese american, then im in love with luhan that freako deer who is coincidentally CHINESE no dis isnt working. at least i have ma kyusungie theyre 100% korean ^0^ ohohoho SJ keeps me straight...well not straight straight cuz when they crossdress i swear i might go lez......