Camp Activity 16: Canoeing and Paddle Wacking

Life on the Top Bunk Bed

The dorms were silent, dead silent. Kyuhyun and Yesung wouldn't look at each other but they tried to approach each other. They would stop in front of each other randomly and just stay there silently trying to figure out what to say and end up leaving. Yesung even ended up barging into the bathroom and caught a wet Kyuhyun who had just stepped out of the shower. The entire situation ended in blushes and stammers and more dead silence.

They resulted in falling asleep early. The top bunk felt extremely spacious while Yesung fumbled around, rolling to the right then to the left. The blankets seemed to heavy and he resulted to kicking them aside and wouldn't stop moving around trying to get comfortable. What was wrong with him? Only two days of sleeping with Kyuhyun and he was already uncomfortable without him. Maybe it's just the weather and him being too stressed for the Diva Games, that's right.

Kyuhyun couldn't sleep either and the more Yesung rolled around the more he wanted to kick the top bunk really hard. He was mad. He was rejected of being Yesung's partner and the redhead actually decided to pick that girly delinquent for a partner. Ryeowook was the worse partner to chose for the Diva Games. Surely they would lose. They're both weak and clumsy. 

"Yah!" they both ended up screaming at each other in unison. Not knowing what else to say they subsided to restless silence again.

"W-What!!?" Yesung asked.

"You'll regret not becoming my partner! I have...Sungmin now!" Kyuhyun yelled and tried not to kick the bunk above him for good measure. Right after Heechul's announcements, Kyuhyun had gone off in search for Ryeowook's sick bunny that never left his side. And thankfully he got himself a partner or it would be humiliating tomorrow when there aren't anymore delinquents to threaten into becoming partners with.

"So what? Stop getting all upset with me just because we're roommates doesn't mean we have to be partners. Good night." Yesung ended the conversation with a huff before pulling the blankets over his head and willing himself to fall asleep. Kyuhyun grunted and finally gave the top bunk a good kick before smashing his pillow over his head. They both tried to fall asleep, they were going to need it tomorrow.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

"Since I failed to- okay I didn't fail to I forgot on purpose, it is very distracting when I saw my reflection in the air yesterday during the announcements-" the chinese secretary coughed signaling Heenim to stop making up excuses and just continue. The director straightened up and nodded trying to wave him off. "I'm going to announce the prizes for the Diva Games. There is a point system for each of the five games. For third place, the couple will recieve icecream of their choice daily until the end of the camp." some people groaned thinking it was lame, others got excited. "The second place winners will get to have their own dorms each in the teacher's building. And finally, the first place winners get the day in Seoul wherever they want to go as long as a tutor is watching. On top of all of this, all of the winners get to spray paint the beautiful Wall of The Heenim." suddenly Hankyung hissed again.

"Why did you change the name?" he asked with a hurt expression.

"The Wall of Heenim's Pet didn't sound extravagant enough." Heechul answered rolling his eyes and waved Hankyung off again.

"Now, get with your partners and we'll split you all in half. Each group go grap a canoe and get ready to race to the other side. Also don't forget the tents." Heenim finished announcing and moved to step off but his secretary pointed back on the stage hissing instructions.

"Let the Diva Games begin!" he added quickly before jumping off and smacking Hankyung's head as if blaming him for his mistakes. 

All the delinquents began to merge as they searched for their partner. Within five minutes they had found each other and were grouped up in two large groups so enough couples would fit across the lake. The weather was extremely hot outside, perfect for swimming in the lake. But sadly that was what they were trying to avoid today.

Kyuhyun groaned as he scanned the crowd. He wasn't looking for his partner, no the boy was already beside him. Kyuhyun was looking for who should've been his partner. He didn't know why in the world it concerned him so much though, but he had to find Yesung and Ryeowook. There they were standing among the second group. Yesung was lightly patting Ryeowook's shoulder and cheering him on. A growl erupted from Kyuhyun's throat as he and Sungmin crawled closer. Sungmin wasn't feeling all too happy from the sight either. But unlike Kyuhyun he wanted to crawl up in a corner and wilt instead.

"First group! Ready? Set. Go!!!" and off the first group of couples were. A few canoes were ahead of the others. Some where fumbling around trying to get used to the canoe. One or two had already fallen into the water. Yesung cringed at the sight hoping with his lack of canoeing skills he wouln't fall into the water like them. In a matter of ten or so minutes of rowing across the giant lake the first few couples had reached the land on the other side and were already setting up their tents. Yesung scowled as he waited for the signal to line up for the canoe race. He could feel something on his back as if someone was staring, watching him intensely. Cautiously, Yesung turned around with Ryeowook to catch Kyuhyun and Sungmins' eyes. Kyuhyun glanced at the short boy beside the red head before glaring at them both. Ryeowook on the other hand glared at Sungmin and made a disgusted face at them both.

"Second group, get to your places!" Hankyung announced and the remaining couples scrambled to find a place by the lake's edge. Kyuhyun dragged the canoe around the grass quickly as he watched Yesung and Ryeowook disappear into the crowds. He was lucky that Sungmin wanted to find them just as bad. 

"Hurry up, why are you so damn slow!?" Kyuhyun snapped as he jumped up and down like a crazed monkey searching for a red head. He was pretty sure not alot of people dyed their hair red here so why was it so hard to find Yesung?

"Ready?" Kyuhyun panicked as he and Sungmin quickly pushed the canoe through the crowds and found an open space where they could start off.

"Set." Sungmin hopped into the far side of the canoe taking up the task of rowing backwards. "Go." Kyuhyun jumped in right on time and they were off. All the couples were racing through the water trying to become first to reach land. That wasn't what Kyuhyun and Sungmin's top priority was though, they were looking for their 'rivals'. Far off in the distance they spotted the red head and the small blonde nearing land already. How could they have gotten there so fast? 

"Yah, you're rowing too slow!" Kyuhyun snapped at Sungmin growing frustrated. In truth he was the one standing up everyone five seconds to try to get a better view of who was where.

"You're not doing anything! Will you sit down and row?"

"I'm the one that's trying to help get you and your little boyfriend back together!" Sungmin's eyes narrowed as he took one of his paddles and flung water onto Kyuhyun.

"He's not my boyfriend, now sit down!" he hissed and flung his other paddle out flinging water onto the tall boy's body. Kyuhyun growled. He was trying to help but the idiot was just making him wet. If they didn't cooperate then they were going to lose the first game. He grabbed one of his own paddles and wacked Sungmin's arm and thus started the paddle fight. The couples that had already reached the other side of the lake were all watching the fight break out in the middle of the lake, those that were still in the lake rowed by and splashed water onto them just for fun.

"Gay bunny with lust for carrots!" Kyuhyun spat as he rammed his paddle at Sungmin's side only to be blocked.

"erted self-observed who can't even realize his own feelings yet trying to mess with other people's drama!" Sungmin snarled and threw a strike at Kyuhyun's arm only to get blocked too. They were letting out their pent up emotions for so long. Sungmin couldn't hold it in anymore, he knew that Kyuhyun knows that he and Sungmin had gotten into a fight. He also could read people so well and knew there was obviously something up with Kyuhyun and Yesung. So why in the world was the idiot busying himself with someone else's business?

"Girly drama queen who's obviously in love with your twin!" Kyuhyun continued. They were both standing up in the canoe now wacking each other with the paddles. Suddenly Sungmin snapped. He was wrong, Kyuhyun didn't know anything. He doesn't know the relationship between him and Ryeowook. Sungmin growled and swung his paddle, bringing it up and meeting Kyuhyun's crotch. The boy dropped his paddle and fell into the water with agonizing pain, but not before he could pull Sungmin in with him.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

"The winner of canoeing and unpacking goes to couples HyeNa and Soojung and Jinyoung and Minchan. The big losers of this game, just because I want to pick on them and thank them for the delightful fight we all witnessed, are Kyuhyun and Sungmin." Heechul's words caused the campers to erupt into laughter as they pointed at the two, still dripping wet, delinquents. Kyuhyun growled and snapped his teeth at a few people before glaring at Heenim. It was not fun to fall into the water in the middle of the lake after getting hit in the crotch making swimming and getting out alive alot harder. What made everything worse was, his roommate didn't even come ask if he was okay. Kyuhyun sort of expected Yesung to, since roommates are supposed to care for each other.

"I do hope your crotch is okay and that fish didn't mistake it for fish bait the size of an eggroll!" Heenim added making everyone guffaw again. It only made Kyuhyun angrier as he stood up and stormed away from the campfire. He stormed into the tent that Sungmin had set up since the two of them honestly couldn't work together. Growling under his breath, he slumped in and sat in the far corner of the tent away from the door.

"Yah, you're still wet go dry yourself off before coming in here." Sungmin snapped as he followed the boy in.

"Don't talk to me." he grumbled and they just sat in the tent in silence. "Hey." Kyuhyun called after a while making Sungmin flash a look of annoyance at him. "What happened between you and Ryeowook? Why is he taking my partner? What have you done to him to make him have the nerve to take my partner?"

"You can't automatically assume that Yesung actually wants to be your partner." 

"It's not like we wanted to end up together." Kyuhyun mumbled and Sungmin couldn't help but agree. "Fix this can't you? Get your boyfriend back and we can all be happy!" he threw his arms up in exasperation before lying down with a squish of his drenched clothes.

"I told you already, he's not my boyfriend." Sungmin said slowly through gritted teeth as he seated himself on the ground, pulling his legs to his chest. He was already slightly dry or it was because he was smart enough to change into new clothes unlike Kyuhyun. 

"Everyone knows you and Ryeowook have a thing for each other. Don't lie and say that you're just friends."

"Maybe we are! Isn't that what you see Yesung as, just roommates?" Sungmin snapped. Kyuhyun tensed and looked away. He had touched a rather interesting topic. They fell silent again and the argument seemed to have dropped and were probably both asleep. It was better to get some sleep for the scavenger hunt tomorrow. Who knows what would happen in those woods. There were some shifting aroun as Kyuhyun made himself more comfortable on the ground, too lazy to get into his sleeping bag espicially with wet clothes on still.

"No, not just roommates." he whispered to himself.



panda: i honestly don't know what I just wrote ._____. i sorta lost the inspiration when writing this chap and yea it just turned out really crappy and confusing .____. but it reveals Kyuhyuns feelings finally xD he finally confessed...to himself lol >.<