Camp Activity 21: Fashion Show

Life on the Top Bunk Bed

Within an hour the table of items was empty and everyone had disappeared into their dressing rooms. Everyone was gone except for Kyuhyun and Yesung who stood at the table with their material still trying to patch up a costume. Kyuhyun glared at Yesung as he held up a small box.

"What in the world are we going to do with condoms for our costumes?" Yesung flushed red and began twisting his fingers around in embarassment. Their plan was to grab anything on the table they could get their hands on and in the crowd of fighting delinquents, Yesung's fingers had managed to snatch the Trojan box.

"Let's not use that." Yesung muttered gently taking the box out of Kyuhyun's hand and placed it to the side. He turned back around with his partner to inspect their costumes they had been making for the past hour. The male costume consisted of shredded newspapers as a grass skirt and a plastic robin that was supposed to be a tropical bird instead. The female costume was the same thing except for the two plastic bowls, one green and the other blue, that were strung together as a bra, and a wig. In truth, the costumes looked pathetic but it was better than nothing.

"Hurry, go change before the-" Kyuhyun was cut off by Hankyung walking around with a megaphone.

"The fashion show will start in ten minutes. I have set up the order you'll come out in on the board by the door to the catwalk!" the secretary announced and continued to repeat himself while walking around the building of dressing rooms. Kyuhyun and Yesung began to panic as they snatched up their costumes and was just about to sprint off to find a room when Eunhyuk came darting out of one of the dressing rooms. The skinny boy came sprinting up to the table where Yesung and Kyuhyun stood. He snatched up the box of condoms giving Kyuhyun and Yesung a sheepish grin.

"Ahehehe, it's mine." he explained and rushed back to his room with a hurried slam. 

"I didn't know you could bring your own items." Yesung mumbled.

"I didn't know he used condoms with Donghae." Kyuhyun added.

"The fashion show will start in ten minutes!-" Hankyung's voice blared in the couple's ears causing them to sprint away and look for an unoccupied dressing room. Everytime they knocked and kicked at a door only annoyed voices barked at them from within. After going through almost all of the dressing rooms they both reached the very last room to the right. Yesung scowled at Kyuhyun while holding his hand on the doorknob refusing to move. Kyuhyun wouldn't move either.

"Find a different room." they told each other. "This is mine." they shouted in unison and resulted in trying to squeeze through the narrow doorway at the same time which ended horribly with a green bowl from Yesung's outfit wacking Kyuhyun's face and Kyuhyun's knee jabbing at Yesung's armpit. Eventually they both fell into the tight space that consisted of a mirror on the left wall and a rack attached to the right wall. There were two chairs in two corners. It sounded spacious but in reality it was just a bit bigger than a porta potty. The two campers glared at each other hoping the other would leave first.

"The fashion show will start in five minutes!" Hankyung's announcement caught them off guard as they quickly flew to their costumes.

"Don't you dare look at me, got it!?" Yesung demanded as he turned to face the rack pulling off his shirt over his head and hanging it on one of the hooks.

"We're both guys here-" Kyuhyun began to tease but another death glare from his partner shut him up well enough. Yesung who was satisfied, smiled contently and began to his shorts deciding the bra was too complicated to mess with for now. In reality, Yesung wanted to wear the male costume. It would save him the embarassment of having bowls as a bra. But Kyuhyun had put him down in a headlock which was just enough to convince Yesung to wear the female costume.

Kyuhyun swiftly pulled off his pants, tossing them to the ground. He picked up the grass skirt and began tugging it on. Suddenly his eyes caught on the mirror as he looked up from his task. In the mirror he saw Yesung bent over wearing nothing but white briefs. With the tight space in the dressing room Kyuhyun could almost feel Yesung's body heat. Trying not to think too much Kyuhyun quickly shut his eyes and waited until Yesung at least got his grass skirt on. After a while he finally opened his eyes and checked the mirror and was relieved to see Yesung had his newspaper/grass skirt on. He himself quickly pulled his own skirt on and was about to mess around with the bird when Yesung suddenly poked him.

"I need help." the redhead mumbled shyly as he held up the green and blue bra he had been messing with for a while.

The bra was only made of plastic bowls and badly cut suspenders and it was extremely difficult to tie the back because they weren't intelligent enough (fashion wise) to make an actual bra. Kyuhyun gulped seeing he had no choice but to help and the way Yesung's cheeks were so red showed that he wasn't the only one that wasn't so comfortable with this. Yesung handed the boy the bra and Kyuhyun reluctantly stepped behind him and muttered for Yesung to raise his arms up. The tall boy stepped closer as he peered over Yesung's bare shoulder to see where to place the bra. He fumbled cluelessly while holding the bowls because he was trying not to stand to close to a half Yesung in fear excitement would overpower him.

Yesung bit his lip harshly when he felt a fingernail scrape his right . It was an accident, Yesung told himself as he waited for Kyuhyun to place the bra on right. Then there was the fingernail again. Yesung tried not to gasp when it was replaced by the soft pad of Kyuhyun's thumb instead, then the scrape of the plastic bowl.

"There." Kyuhyun said exhaling relieved that he finally got the bowls centered. Yesung couldn't feel as relieved though because now he could feel Kyuhyun's warm chest pressed against his back. It annoyed him how the boy was slightly taller than him and his chest was so broad it warmly enveloped his entire back.

"What are you doing?" Yesung growled finally getting a grip on himself. Kyuhyun who also noticed their position quickly stepped back also letting go of the bra allowing it to fall to the ground.

"The fashion show has begun with the couple Eunhyuk and Donghae! Let's hope they won't give off a very fiery show like last year." Heechul's voice boomed. Kyuhyun took this chance to snatch up his bird and head towards the door.

"I'm going to check when we go on." he said as an excuse and quickly darted out of the dressing room trying to calm his drumming heart and the blood pounding in his ears and don't forget the teensy rush of excitement behind the grass skirt.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Yesung's face swelled up like a tomato from embarassment as he banged his head against the mirror. He should've never asked Kyuhyun for help. He could've just gone with no bra. Maybe he was a Hawaiin girl that enjoyed . Now he was confused and lost with his feelings and why his right was just a bit more excited for the fashion show than the other.

"Hello." a knock on the dressing door made Yesung turn around to see Ms. Lee enter with a small smile. "Do you need help with your outfit?" she asked and without an answer picked up the fallen bra and in one swift movement tied it around Yesung's chest.

"Aren't you...a judge?" Yesung also wanted to ask how she knew he needed help and which dressing room he was in.

"I let Kangin have the job since he wanted to be closer to Leeteuk." she explained with a smile, brushing her long black hair over one shoulder.

"Can I...ask you about something?" Yesung suddenly blurted out even though he knew he should be leaving to join Kyuhyun for the fashion show. There was just something that was always gnawing at the back of his mind, something he always wanted to know, to confirm. "What's your relationship with Kyuhyun?" The entire month it had seemed like Kyuhyun always avoided talking about Ms. Lee and it also seemed like they had some unspeakable past.

Ms. Lee was caught off guard but immediately recovered with a warm smile. She had come into the dressing room for that exact reason anyways, also by Heechul's orders of course. The tutor sat down in one of the chairs in the corner and motioned for Yesung to do the same.

"We have a very complicated relationship. Last year...we sort of had a summer fling. He had a silly crush on his tutor and I didn't necessarily dislike his company. But I began seeing the age difference and told him to find someone more his age." Yesung held his breath, he knew that it would be something similar to this.

"He was being too stubborn so one day I introduced him to my boyfriend and he got extremely upset saying that I had led him on to thinking that we had something going on the entire time. I figured he could've dealt with the pain himself but I was still extremely worried. So, after camp was over, one day I visited his home. He saw me and got extremely angry because he was ashamed of his home and of his parents who wouldn't stop offering me jobs as a e or a game of mahjong. After he got mad and told me to leave I found out that his parents got angry at him and punished him and rumors about Kyuhyun seducing his teacher spread around the entire neighborhood afterwards. He got...so mad at me, not because of our fake love but because afterwards I had used his background to make him feel worse about ever thinking about being with me." She finished and smiled as if none of that affected her at all. Yesung blinked a few times. Honestly, he only asked about their relationship not such a long story but he was glad he got to learn about a part of Kyuhyun like this.

"I know, I want you to know and so does Heechul. He got me to tell you in the first place." she explained as if she could hear Yesung's thoughts.

"Heechul?" Why in the world would the director want Yesung to learn about Kyuhyun's past?

"Yup." Ms. Lee stood up ready to leave hearing how the fashion show was almost halfway over already. "Oh and this is from me before I leave. I owe Kyuhyun a lot so could you make him smile again? He looks the best when smiling." and she was gone leaving Yesung alone to think over everything he just heard. Kyuhyun and Ms. Lee had a sad lovestory that hardly existed. Somehow, Yesung was extremely happy about the fact that they're only relationship now was tutor and student.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

"What took you so long!? We're up next!-" Kyuhyun exclaimed then stopped when Yesung had stopped running and stood panting before him. The boy wiped the bangs of his wig as he put his hands on his hips. Yesung wore a light brown wig with bangs brushed to the side and wavy locks that flowed down to his bra. With the addition of eyeliner and blush the boy really could pass as a girl.

"I-" Yesung paused he couldn't let Kyuhyun know about the talk he had with Ms. Lee. "The door was jammed." he lied but it was enough for Kyuhyun to believe.

"The next couple is the Kyuhyun and Yesung couple!" Hankyung announced and the two quickly got ready by the door leading onto the catwalk.

"Just strut, pause, pose, and smile." Kyuhyun informed through gritted teeth as they ascended the stairs. "Don't be nervous, never be nervous." he added but he was the one that was holding Yesung's hand so tightly. Yesung could feel the boy's hand shaking in his.

"Just don't trip." Yesung mumbled teasingly as they got on the catwalk and was met with lights from above. The campers that were already done had gathered around to watch and there was a table by the end of the catwalk where the judges sat. Nervously, they both strutted to the end and paused to pose, wave, and smile although it was extremely uncomfortable with the outfits they had on. Yesung glanced up at Kyuhyun to see how he was doing. He actually didn't look quite as nervous as before and was smiling widely towards the judges. Even though it was more of a forced smile, Yesung had to agree with Ms. Lee, Kyuhyun does look the best when smiling.

After enough posing and smiling they turned back around to walk back. Kyuhyun leaned across blindly due to the nausea of stage fright looking for Yesung's hand afraid that he wouldn't make it back without it. Instead of grabbing Yesung's hand, his feet tangled together causing him to grab onto the strap of Yesung's bra instead. And when Kyuhyun went crashing down, the green and blue plastic bowls came tumbling down with him.

~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~SJ~

"After a rather interesting fashion show involving performances of colorful bowls," Heechul directed his glare at Kyuhyun and Yesung who flushed different shades of red, "and a very wet and slippery performance as well along with the addition of some ual items that belonged to me but was used in a costume in a very wrong way," Heechul turned to glare at Donghae and Eunhyuk who only chuckled and high-fived each other. 

"The judges have come to a conclusion and the winners of the fashion show are Sungmin and Ryeowook who brought out these very realistic looking mermaid costumes decorated with flower necklaces. Although, walking was quite difficult for these mermaids they pulled quite a show by using Eunhyuk and Donghae's wet catwalk to slip and slide around gracefully. 300 points for you two!" Heechul declared and a people applauded while Eunhyuk and Donghae sulked in the corner at the unfairness of the point rewarding again.



panda: eeep quick update sorry for not updatin for like a week nd ...more OTL gah idk wtf i just wrote ;w; makes no sense this is so in pointless idk wut im writin anymore espicially with the plot urgh dis has like a messed up plot but im hopin to end dis soon since im startin skewl nxt week anyways nd updates will b scarce X( so like 4/5 more chaps mayb depends on wut i figure out for le plot OTL and also i hate advertisin cuz i find it stupid for me to b advertisin the i write but cuz its for yesungs bday imma advertise^.^

check out a kyusung bday oneshot im gettin ready to post saturday^^ Project Cloud 9 theres ma advertisin *hides away feelin ashamed*