No Way Out

floWER

 

Rabi stood staring at Taemin. Her eyes were wide. 'What the hell did he just do?' She thought to herself. When the lights faded the idols were snatched off stage. Taemin was pulled off to the side. Rabi and Hana were dragged to their dressing rooms. Everything happened so fast. The girls had no time to change. When Rayne was done with her performance with Kris she too was dragged away into her dressing room.

 

After they were done, the girls were escorted to their van. During the ride back Kang turned to the girls, searching for Rabi who took her usual spot in the back of the van.

"What was that?" He exclaimed, brows furrowed in frustration. His voice snapped Rabi out of her thoughts. She looked up at her manager, who for the first time did not look happy. She sighed and looked away.

"The end of my career." She mumbled staring out of the window. Manager met Hana's eyes, then Rayne's. Rayne wanted to know what happened, but because of the dark mood that occupied the small space she decided to keep to herself. When the girls made their way back to the dorm Kang left them to themselves. He phone was ringing off the hook and his PDA was becoming full with notifications. Rabi attempted to head straight to her room, but Rayne stopped her.

"Why is it the end of your career?" She questioned her members. Rabi took a deep breath.

"Taemin kissed me... on live television." Rayne stared blankly into her member's eyes, unable to respond.

"You mean like... in front of everyone?" She asked. Unable to think of anything else. Rabi sighed heavily. Walking into her room and shutting the door behind her. Hana remained quiet and began dinner. Rayne flopped on the couch and when she turned the television on she was take aback by the scene on screen. A feeling of nostalgia rushed through her as she remembered those days of her being a fan, hating Rabi for that Jonghyun fiasco. Only now, she was on the other end of the spectrum, the idol spectrum, and Rabi was now one of her closest friends. So she began to feel sorry for Rabi as she watched the mob of anitfans that had accumulated, screaming out for Rabi to leave SM. Yet on the other hand, there was also an accumulation of Rabi fans that protested against Taemin. Rayne sighed, sometimes fans could be so dramatic. The were most likely just over reacting to the situation. That thought quickly left her mind, however, when the picture cut to the Rabi/Taemin kiss.

"Oh!" Rayne said as she sat back in her seat, covering with her hand. She watched as Taemin, who was already holding Rabi, pulled her closer and pressed his lips to hers. Running his hands through her hair. The new definition for passion would now have to be replaced with a picture of those two. Rayne shook her head. "No wonder this is such a big deal." She looked over at the maknae who was slicing vegetables. She hopped up joining her member beginning to clean the fish. When there was a knock on the door the girls hesitantly looked at it. Hana looked at Rayne. "I'm not answering, not after that!" Rayne said, pointing at the T.V which still depicted Taemin and Rabi kissing. Hana sighed and made her way over to the door. She opened it to find a face she wasn't expecting.

"Annyeong!" Luhan said, waving merrily at the girl. Hana dropped the knife in her hand. This was something that actually took the maknae by surprise. What was he doing here? Standing with him was Suho and D.O. The two men bowed politely to the girl. She waved them in as Luhan retrieved the knife from the floor, handing it to the girl who was now regaining her composure. "Sorry to show up out of the blue like this." Luhan said as he entered. "But we came bearing gifts!" He sang holding up a a bag. Rayne turned around seeing the three beautiful men.

"Hel-lo!" She said with a smile on her face. She looked at the bag Luhan held up. "What's in there?" She asked, pointing at the bag with a knife.

"Ingredients for sundaeguk." Luhan said with a smile.

"Chitlins?" Rayne said, using the American term for the dish. "I've always wanted to try!" She said. The rest of the group was still stuck on the word 'Chitlins'. Rayne looked around and saw that everyone was staring at her waiting for her to explain. She sighed heavily. "American sundaeguk." She confirmed. Everyone nodded collectively. "But I don't know how to make that." She said.

"That's why we brought D.O" Suho explained with a slight chuckle. The rest of the group joined him in laughter as the idols all began to help each other with the food. Suho looked over at the T.V that, even though a different program was on, showed Taemin and Rabi's kiss. His eyes shot up briefly as he watched. "I didn't think it was that bad, but now I can see what Kai-"

"Ya!" Luhan said before Suho could finish his sentence.

"Why Kai flipped ship?" Rayne said, using another American term the idols weren't familiar with. She sighed even heavier. She was going to have to sit these boys down and give them a crash course in American terminology. "Pissed! You can see why Kai is pissed!" She exclaimed.

"Kai's pissed too?" Everyone's eyes fell on Rabi, who already looked as though she had been crying. "AISH!" She screamed, returning to her room, slamming the door behind her. The members looked around at each other. Rayne covered with her hands. She didn't mean for Rabi to hear that. Silence fell over the room for a moment.

"Aren't one of you going to go talk to her?" D.O said, motioning to where Rabi just stood. Rayne and Hana looked at each other. They saw Rabi's face, it was more obvious she was crying. Knowing Rabi and her pride she wouldn't allow them to see her cry. D.O sighed and made his way over to Rabi's room. He knocked on the door. No answer. "It's D.O." He said into the door, though Rabi still didn't answer.

"Get out of my dorm!" Rabi exclaimed with a raspy voice from the other side of the door. D.O's eyes went wide as he looked over at his members. Suho and Luhan attempted to hide their snickers. D.O took a deep breath and knocked on the door again. "I said GET OUT!" Rabi screamed banging on the other side of the door. Hana blinked, D.O didn't look like he was moving anytime soon. She wondered what he was up to. The other members couldn't help it. The two of them let out their laughter. D.O glared at his hyungs. The two of them turned away from him, pretending to cook or clean the kitchen. D.O looked at the door. He was not going to leave, not when there was a girl less than a foot away from him crying her eyes out. He took a deep breath and began to sing.

"Baby don't cry, tonight
eodumi geodhigo namyeon.
Baby don’t cry, tonight
eobseotdeon il-i dwell geoya."

A few moments later Rabi  opened her door, pulling D.O in by the arm. Before he disappeared into the girl's room he smilled at his hyungs. Rayne laughed. "I'm mad that actually worked!" When Luhan and Suho looked at her she held her hand up before they could even ask. "I'm not actually mad. It's another American thing." The two guys laughed. They heard from Kris how sassy Rayne could be, but seeing it in person was much funnier. D.O emerged from the room with Rabi when dinner was ready. She clung to D.O's arm. Her face was red, her eyes were puffy, and it looked as though her hair was pushed back one too many times. Her and D.O had had a long heart felt conversation, with mostly her doing the talking. The two of them joined the members at table. "How are you feeling?" Rayne asked. Rabi nodded, indicating she was fine. She moved hair from her face and began to eat. Her members exchanged a look. They knew she was obviously not fine, but they let it go. Rayne would bring it up again later when the guys weren't around.

Before it was time for the guys to go Luhan pulled Hana on to the patio, closing the glass door behind him. Even though the others were just a few feet away, and Hana could see them through the glass she still felt uncomfortable. She wasn't sure what to expect being in a closed space with Luhan, since the last time he... She couldn'e even think about it. The two of them stared out at what little scenery they had, a parking lot, a few trees, and the night sky. Hana enjoyed the silence, until Luhan broke it. "Hana-ssi... I'm stupid." He said turning to her. She looked at him and blinked. Why was he calling himself stupid? "I shouldn't have kissed you. It's just..." Hana wanted to cover her ears. He was going into a subject that she was still too sensitive to touch. "You're just so beautiful Hana, I-" He stopped, watching her as she became stiff. "I'm making you uncomfortable, aren't I?" Shyly, Hana nodded. Luhan laughed, covering his mouth as he did, staring out at the trees in the distance. "Mianhe." He breathed, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"I-it's not that I don't like you..." Hana began, barely above a whisper. "I'm just... not used to this kind of attention." Luhan laughed.

"Says the pop Idol." He teased. Hana laughed with Luhan. He was glad he was able to make her laugh. "Fine then." He said with a final sigh. "I won't show you that kind of attention." Hana looked at him. She didn't want to hurt him. "I'll just go to my dorm and cry my eyes out like Rabi-ssi."

"Ani, ani, ani, ani!" Hana said waving her hands. "I don't want you to cry!" The last thing Hana wanted was for a guy to cry over her. Luhan laughed messing Hana's hair.

"Aigoo!" He claimed as he fixed her the hair he had just destroyed. "I won't cry. If you do something for me." Hana became stiff, she didn't like doing things. She turned to him, thinking hard. She really didn't want him to cry. And knowing Luhan, he wouldn't make her do anything that she was uncomfortable with.

"What?" She asked, a bit hesitant. Luhan smiled, pulling out a sliver necklace from his pocket. On the end was a single angel wing.

"You have to wear this every day." He said, holding the necklace up, the wing spinning on the end, shining in the moonlight. Her face became red. It wasn't much to do. She nodded, looking away, unable to meet his gaze. Luhan smiled walking over to the girl to slip the necklace on her. He took a good look. It fit her perfectly. "Nice." He said with a nod. "Now, if you take this off, then I will cry. Deal." Hana giggled a little. Somehow he was able to make the situation less awkward. She nodded.

In the house, D.O and Rabi retreated back into her room. Rayne and Suho sat on the couch. They watched as almost every television program was talking about or show the "RaMin Kiss" as the fans have named it. "It's going to be tough for her to get through this." Rayne said shaking her head and turning the channel. "I'd like to turn to one channel that isn't showing this." Suho laugh. She turned to him. "What's funny?"

"You're so feisty." He said still in laughter. Rayne laughed with him. He stared at her watching as stray hair fell from behind her ear. He reached over to her, tucking the hair behind her ear. "Eotteokhe...? You're so beautiful."

"What?" Rayne said drawing back a little. Suho smiled a bit. He looked at his watch, getting up. He called out to s.

"If only I had gotten to you before Kris, right?"

"Wait what?!" Rayne hopped up. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no! We are not doing this!" She said, holding up a finger at him. "We are NOT doing this!" She repeated again as the others assembled in the living room. Suho smiled at her.

"We're not doing what?" D.O asked.

"Nothing." Suho said before Rayne could speak.

"NOTHING?!" She exclaimed. "You did NOT just pull all of that, then turn around and say it was nothing!" The annoyance in her tone rose. The other members looked at Suho.

"You're right," he said. "Just forget about it."

"Oh! Now he wants me to forget all of this even happened! Like, I just can't even!" She stormed off to her room. Leaving the rest of the group confused. When she returned to her room she fell face first onto her bed. "Ugh!" She screamed into her pillows. When her phone rang she wondered if she could even pick up. She let out a deep breath and answered anyway. "Hello?"

"Rayne?" She hopped up at the sound of Jonghyun's voice. "Can we talk?"