A New Chapter

floWER

Kim Miyoung was a pretty nice girl. She was a year older than Rabi, placing her as leader. For a moment, Kang almost decided to make Rabi the leader. But even with her years of training and experience, Kang decided the young girl was not yet mature enough to handle such  a position. So he placed the new girl as leader. When he first talked it over with some of the stylist women they all agreed that Miyoung would make a great fit as leader. She was sweet, smart, well rounded, filial and talented as well. Kang's only concern, was weather or not the girls would accept her. Though, he couldn't see why they wouldn't.

The girls made their way back to the dorm with their new leader, making small talk on the way. As they sat in the van, the couldn't help but feel the awkward tension in the air as the three of them tried their best to avoid the obvious topic hanging in the air. Just before Rabi tried to strike up a conversation, he phone vibrated on her lap.

"Yobosaeyo?" She laid back in the seat, again she took the very last seat in the back. "Deh oppa I'm fine." Hana glance back at her unni before turning her attention to Miyoung.

"So, where are you from?" the girl asked in attempt to make conversation.

"America. ia to be exact." Miyoung grew up in a different lifestyle than those of her new members, She was raised in a small town in West ia, where everyone knew everyone and everything there was to know about anything going on. She wasn't exactly a farm girl, but she did live a lifestyle similar to one. She didn't go into too much detail about how she lived though. Just explaining to Hana how small her town was. And how close she was with everyone there. Hana took a small interest to this. She questioned Miyoung about her family and friends. Learning small things about the girl as she spoke.

"What!?" Rabi broke the girls from their conversation and sat up. Kang glanced back at her through the rearview mirror. "No way!" Rabi squealed, sounding like a high school student, gossiping with her friend. Hana turned back to her member, flagging her down for attention. She mouthed a "who is it?" to the girl, only to have the girl make her wait for an answer. "No, we're not doing anything. Sure come over!" Rabi became excited and danced in her seat after hanging up. Hana decided to wait after the girl was finished basking in what ever feeling she was feeling. After a few seconds she turned back to the girls. "The guys are coming over for dinner." She finally said to her maknae, who nodded but still waited for more. There was no reason for Rabi to be so excited over something like this.

Miyoung blinked and tilted her head. "Who are the guys?" She finally asked.

"The EXO members." Rabi answered. "They're at rehearsal, but they'll be over later for dinner." Miyoung blinked. She knew the floWER girls were close with EXO. Seeing as how their former leader and maknae were both caught in scandals involving two of their members. But she didn't realized they were 'dinner party' close.

"Okay, but unni," Hana's tiny voice rose from the silence. "Who are you so excited?"

"They're planning a surprise party for Kai and D.O!" Hana nodded and became excited. A million thoughts began to race through her mind.

"Do they have a cake? Presents? Do we need to decorate?" As Hana spoke, Rabi pounded away in her phone, asking Suho, the one who called her the same questions. Quickly the maknae turned to their manager. "Kang-ssi," all this time together and the girl still addressed the man in a formal manner. "May we stop by a grocery store? I want to get some things." He smiled at her through the mirror and nodded. This was good. A birthday party was the perfect thing to get ther girls in a better mood. They had been so down since this morning and he didn't know how to cheer them up.

Later that evening, when the girls were decorating their dorm, and rearranging the furniture to fit a party setting, they all danced to the music that poured from the speakers. Miyoung was a SHINee fan, so the girls let her music play. She stood in the kitchen, baking enough cookies and brownies to feed 15 plus people. Hana took care of the food, with the help of some of the stylists and their Kang, who was surprisingly skilled in cooking Korean cuisine.

After Rabi hung their hand made "Happy Birthday Jongin and Kyungsoo" sign she immediately ran to her room. The boys were supposed to be showing up at any moment now and she still hadn't gotten dress for the party. When she heard the knock on the door she froze. She didn't want to miss screaming "Happy Birthday" in Kai's ear. She sighed heavily and waited for Hana, who was now looking through the peep hole. "It's Suho and Yixing oppa." She opened the door for the boys, letting them in. 

"Wow" Suho said as he glanced around the apartment. "You girls went to work!" He complimented. Apon seeing Miyoung he bowed politely. "Hello." He greeted himself and Yixing as well. Who was now in the kitchen with Hana, helping to put the finishing touches on some of the food. Suho and Miyoung talked for a little before he noticed Rabi trying to sneak off to her room. "Where are you going missy?" He said, pulling her back by the hem of her shirt. 

"I have to change!" She whined. "I can't have him see me like this!" Suho laughed.

"You look fine. Besides, he's seen you in worse." Rabi eyed him. "Not saying you've worn anything bad..." Suho stood in front of Rabi, her eyes glued to him, unable to talk anymore. He was already digging himself into a hole. "You look great." He settled with. He then guided the girl over to the sound system and handed her an unmarked CD.

"What's this?" She asked, still placing it into the player anyway.

"Our mini album. Exclusive. You girls will be the first to hear it." The girls grinned widely as Rabi turned the music on. An urban styled song now filled the room and Rabi couldn't help the bounce in her shoulders as she let the music fill her. Another knock on the door and she froze, yet again. Realizing Suho had stopped her from changing into what she originally wanted. The group lined up in front of the door, and yelled a collective "Happy birthday Kyungsoo and Jongin" as the doors opened.

As everyone greeted each other with hugs and terms of endearment, Miyoung kind of just floated off to the side. Everyone here had already built some sort of relationship with each other. She felt like the new kid in and elementary school. Awkwardly waiting for someone to greet her. As if he heard her thoughts Baekhyun made his way over to the new face. "Hello." He spoke over the music, offering his hand. "I'm Baekhyun, you must be their new member." He flashed her a friendly smile and she took his hand. "Did you help with this?" He asked, motioning around the room.

"I baked." She said with a light shrug, and the two of them shared a laugh.

"Oh my god! Heaven!" That was a phase Rabi often used, only it didn't come from her. Everyone turned their attention to Chanyeol who stared wide eyed at the spread of food in the kitchen. The group let out a collective laugh. "Who is responsible for these cookies? Speak now and forever remain in my heart." Again the group laughed, harder. While the attention was now focused elsewhere, Rabi again attempted to sneak off to her room. Only to be stopped by Jongin.

"Where are you going?" He asked, pull her by the arm. "Abandoning me at my own party?" he joked.

"I wanted to change." She said sheepishly. The outfit she picked out when they got home was especially for him. She was not normally the type to wear dresses, but she splurged and bought one anyway.

"Why?" He said, spending her in a circle. "I think you look beautiful like this." He pulled her closer, running his hand down her arms. Stopping a moment to graze his fingers over the cut on her arm. The flesh was beginning to heal and smooth over, but it was still scabby in some spots. These were the spots that still hurt to touch. Rabi winced lightly as his fingers passed over that area, but didn't shy away. "So where's my present?" He finally asked with a side grin.

She  blinked and sighed heavily in frustration. She forgot to get a present. "Kai... I-" he laughed cutting her off.

"I'm kidding." He said, shaking her lightly with a laugh. "Throwing this party is a good enough." He pecked her quickly on the forehead and joined the others in the kitchen. Hana looked around at everyone. Nothing but joy filled the room. The EXO members joked around and ate merrily. Rabi made scenes every moment she could, and even Miyoung seemed to be getting along greatly with Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen. The three of them stood in a circle around Sehun and Miyoung as they played their match of rock, paper, scissors, in the tournament the small group had started. Even there, in the kitchen, where she stood with Yixing, Luhan and Kyungsoo, handling all the food, she was well aware of the warm feeling flooding through her.

Hana in that moment realized something. She was going to be alright. When she woke up this morning, Rayne's empty room was both a cut to her heart and stab in the back. She wasn't sure if she would be able to smile a genuine smile, or laugh heartily like she did with the girl. But her members and her EXO friends were having no problem producing both a smile or laugh from the girl. She was happy, and that's all she needed to know.

While she was still the same, aegyo filled tiny maknae, it was obvious something had changed inside of her. The young girl felt more confident, ready to take on whatever was thrown her way. Weather she was ready for it or not. She could handle it. As she was slowly coming to that realization, the girl had noticed she was making her way over to Rabi, who was feeding Kai a piece of the brownie she had in her hand. "Unni," she said tapping the girl on the shoulder. "Let's do a performance." Rabi blinked and smiled, nodding eagerly. 

The two girls ran to their new leader and asked her if she knew any of their songs. Even though Miyoung hadn't had a chance to practice with the two girls, she was familiar with their music and dances. It was part of her practice during training. Without another word, the girls now stood in the center of the room, grabbing the attention of all the guys. Hana grinned widely as her new leader counted them down for their intro. She looked out at the EXO members, her friends, her family, then back at the two girls standing beside her. 'It was meant to be this way.' She thought, and bowed as they introduced themselves.

"Annyeonghaseyo, uri neun, floWER imnda!"


Hello guys! I hope you liked this chapter.

I took my time to make it long. I'll update again soon.

It's late here, but I'm not doing anything tomorrow, so, you guys get another chapter.

Please, comment? I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Oh, yea, did you guys notice I put pictures of the girls in?

I like it that way. I think I'm going to go back to the other chapters to do the same to that as well.

This story is a good project for me, so I want to make it beautiful~

Thanks again for reading and the subscribes!