Choices to Make

floWER

The next morning Rabi packed her duffel bag with water and extra clothes. After reading that letter last night she practically begged Kang to let her and Rayne go go the dance studio. She didn't know if she could stay in the dorm any longer. The walls seemed to be closing in on her. She couldn't take being in "trapped like a caged animal," which was the phrase she used with Kang. After much debate he finally agreed to letting them go. She walked into the kitchen, where Hana and Rayne sat talking over a nice warm cup of tea. She joined them for the final twenty minutes they had together for the day. After Kang and Hana left, Rayne and Rabi were escorted to the dance studio. Rabi didn't like the fact that they had to be escorted anywhere, but in light of recent events with fans and anti fans lately she didn't argue it.

They finally made it to the studio building and as they climbed the steps they could hear a low hum of music coming from the dance studio. As they got closer to the studio Rabi froze. She recognized the song. Feelings of nostalgia poured into her as the music took her back to the days when her and Taemin would spend hours in the dance studio, coming up with choreography. It was an American song that played, the very song Taemin and her created special choreography for. Rayne turned to look at her member. She watched as Rabi held on to her stomach, being unable to move from her spot. Rayne rolled her eyes. She knew how upset Rabi could get when she couldn't get into the dance studio, but this was a bit much even for her. Rayne had no idea what was going through Rabi's mind, then again, she rarely ever did. 

Rayne sighed, headed over to the door and quietly opened it. She gasped silently to herself and closed the door just as cautiously as she opened it. She turned back to Rabi. "Oh." She looked through the small window on the door and watched as Taemin danced. She turned back to Rabi. "I'll ask him how long he's gonna be."  Rabi nodded and sat on the bench next to door. Rayne walked into the dance studio, making herself known with a wave. Taemin saw her through the mirror and stopped his dancing. He turned to her. "Hi Taeminnie!" Rayne said with wiggling fingers.

"Annyeong." He said with a small wave. "Are you scheduled here?" Rayne nodded. "Is it just you?" The two of them knew what he meant. Was Rabi there with her? Rayne bit her lip and shook her head. "Is she here? I need to speak with her." Rayne was used to seeing Taemin with nothing but smiles. Though that Taemin as slowly been slipping away, or just being tucked away. Behind this cold, calculating Taemin with hard discriminating eyes. Rayne opened to speak. Most likely to give some excuse as to why Rabi couldn't talk to him. But Taemin saw through this, and he was not in the mood for half excuses. "I really need to speak with her." He emphasized. Rayne snapped shut, pointing to the entrance of the studio, indicating that Rabi waited on the other side.

Rabi rested her back against the wall. Her eyes were closed and she had her headphones over her ears. Soft melodic music pumped into her ears. This was her way to relax. Taemin came through the door and found her immediately. He pulled her headphones off of her head grabbing her attention. "What the-" She stopped finding the eyes of Taemin. She hopped up, moving away from him slightly. 'Lot of help Rayne!' She thought to herself. "Taeminnie-"

"Don't." He cut her off. "Just, please, tell me it's not true." He spoke through clenched teeth. Rabi could see he tried his very best to stay calm. He had probably been waiting for this confrontation since he had heard the news.

"Taeminnie-"

"I don't want to hear that D.O kissed you, or that you pushed him away, or even that you slapped him." Rabi blinked. He already knew the situation. She watched him as he clenched his fists. His eyes were closed and his features were tense. She turned away, unable to look at him. Taemin knew what happened. He was informed by Onew, who found out from Kai, who was told by D.O himself. He knew D.O was the one who kissed her. He knew that Rabi was still at a vulnerable time then because of himself. He even knew she slapped him.  That was not his concern. What he was so distraught about was what Kai told him the night after. "Tell me that you slapped him because you thought of me Bunny." He opened his eyes finally and met hers. The shock that lined her features gave her away. Rabi couldn't breathe. The conversation with Kai came flooding back to her.  "I don't understand. Kai?"

Rabi bit her lip. She wanted to come to the dance studio to blow off steam, not to add more to her plate. She sighed and looked down. She didn't know how to respond. And even if she did it's not like she would have been able to. Her voice caught in . Taemin held her by the face, forcing her to look at him.

"Kai?" He repeated. Tears began to drop from Rabi's eyes, and Taemin tried all he could to hold his back. "Bunny, this is beginning to get old." He said finally letting go of her. Onew and Key waited at the top of the stairs. Taemin motioned for them to wait. He turned back to Rabi. "You need to choose, Rabi." The was the first time in years he's used her real name. "And I mean really choose. You need to make a final decision as to who you want to be with. You think you're hurting and stressed, but you need to realize how you're making the rest of us feel. It's not fair. Not to me, to Kai, or even Onew hyung." Rabi glanced over to Onew who watched Taemin as he spoke. He nodded in agreement to the maknae's words. She could have thought of a million different things to Taemin's words, but she remained silent. "It's going to hurt the rest of us if you choose one, it'll hurt us all if you choose no one. Who cares? People get hurt and they get over it. That's what you need to realize." He turned to his hyungs and made his way over to them, leaving Rabi there with no words and wet eyes.

Before the SHINee members left, Onew made his way over to Rabi. She blinked back tears as he approached. To be honest, she didn't want to want to hear anything he had to say. She just wanted to be left alone at this point. To her surprise Onew took her into his arms and held her there. "Mianhe." He spoke softly. "But you needed to hear that." He squeezed her. "Stay strong. Smile." He held her there a few more seconds before he disappeared down the staircase with s. Rabi took a deep breath and walked into the dance studio. Rayne had already began practice. With nothing to say, Rabi joined in with her.

Hana sat in her dressing room, still texting with her idol friends. She's been texting Seohyun, and Luhan as well, but mostly Taeyeon. Their conversations seemed to be having a running theme to them. One that Hana still felt uncomfortable with. Boys. Though talking about it with Taeyeon has been making it easier. Over the past few days the conversation focused on Luhan and the necklace, Yixing and how he hasn't contacted her since he found out about the necklace, and Chanyeol. Apparently Taeyeon has been in contact with Baekhyun as of late. She has been keeping an update on the EXO guys for Hana. Hana didn't ask Taeyeon to do that, the idol just thought it would be fun if they knew. Taeyeon was telling the girl, based on what she's heard about the members that Chanyeol would be a good match for her. The two girls joked about Hana being infected with the "Happy Virus." 

Hana was not normally the type to even begin to consider thinking about possibly pondering on the slight chance that she may ever hypothetically place herself with another guy. But she and Taeyeon joked about her and Chanyeol going on dates together. And Hana could admit that she enjoyed the conversations. Taeyeon was able to speak in such a way that made her view the situation as a joke rather than a serious happening. Today, Hana was scheduled to do a photo shoot with Chanyeol and she was beginning to become nervous. Taeyeon, with her magical words, was able to calm the girl down. Chanyeol had no idea about the conversations, so he wouldn't act awkward with her, so she shouldn't act awkward with him. Taeyeon even challenged the girl to open up today. Chanyeol was a free, outgoing butterfly, or rather phoenix, so there was no reason to be unnatural around him.

When it came the time Hana made her way on to the set meeting up with Chanyeol. He easily towered over the girl. He greeted her with a warm smile and open arms. "Hana!" He wrapped one of his arms around her ever so slightly and pulled away seconds later. Hana smiled. It was such a warm and friendly hug that Hana couldn't deny it. She looked up at him. He smiled ear to ear and she burst out laughing. There was something about being around him that made her laugh. The shoot was a high school themed and the two of them wore school uniforms. The first set was the two of them sitting at a desk, passing notes or laughing with each other which was easy for them to do. Another picture was of Chanyeol falling asleep and Hana reaching over to wake him up.

They took a variety of pictures from sports, to eating lunch, even chemistry class. In the middle of each set change the two of them continued to talk and joke around, and Hana found herself actually enjoying her time with him. Maybe Taeyeon was right. Maybe she should start to consider Chanyeol. When she thought this her hand went up to her necklace again. Chanyeol looked over at her. "From Luhan, right?" He asked. She looked at him and nodded. "May I?" He asked, holding his hand out. She nodded, giving the boy permission to invade her personal space. He took the small wing into his hand and observed it more. "Aigoo. It looks like it cost a lot."

"I hope not." Hana said as he moved away. "I just don't want to make him cry." Chanyeol let out a loud laugh.

"Hana, you're so pure! You really think he'll cry?" He stopped himself. "Wait, knowing Luhan, he probably will." The two of them shared another laugh. Then Hana's expression became a bit serious.

"Chanyeollie?"

"Deh~"

"Is Yixing mad at me?" Chanyeol bit his lip. He put his arm around Hana.

"He's upset with the fact that you're wearing the necklace. He thinks you accepted Luhan." Hana's hand flew up to cover .

"Jinja?" Chanyeol nodded. "Aigoo! Eotteokhe?" Chanyeol patted Hana's back.

"I'll talk to him." Hana looked up at him. He nodded. "I know how important your friendship is with him."

"Thank you Chanyeollie!" Hana jumped up and clapped. "I just hope he understands."

"I'll rap it to him!" The two idols laughed and their short break was over. Soon they were off on a new set taking more photos.

When Hana returned to the dorm, she walked in to the smell of cooked fish and that familiar heat the filled the air whenever they used the rice cooker. Rabi was asleep on the sofa. She looked at the girl closely. She still had her work out clothes on. She must have passed out on the sofa. She looked at her face. Rabi's eyes were puffy and her nose was red. She had been crying, a lot. She talked about the photo shoot with Rayne. Rayne noticed the lift in her voice as she talked. She was happy. Her maknae was slowly coming out of her shell. Slowly but surely. Later that night as Hana changed into her night clothes her phone buzzed. She answered as she climbed into bed.

"Hello?"

"Hana. It's Yixing."

"Yixing!? Deh?"

"I talked with Chanyeol." He sighed. "I didn't- I wasn't- Aish!" Hana remained silent. He sounded really upset. She wasn't sure what to say. "Hana, do you like Luhan?" That was a question she never knew how to answer, and still didn't.

"I don't know." She said. Yixing sighed on the other end.

"Then, can you make me a promise?"

"Mwo?"

"Don't wear the necklace. Not until you know for sure you like him."

"Weh?"

"I'll feel better."

"But, I made Luhan a promise that I'd wear it everyday." Hana would have made the promise with Yixing, but it interfered with a promise she had already made. "I can't just break the promise I made him."

Yixing sighed again, and Hana could tell this entire situation was really nerve wracking for him. "Would you rather break the promise, or break my heart?" Hana froze.

"Mwo? I don't want to do either." Yixing sighed heavily again.

"Hana, I like you! A lot."

"Huh?" Yixing liked her? Since when? Hana sunk into her bed. This was something she didn't want to have to deal with.

"Luhan and I have been in constant competition with each other for you. But I'm tired of the competing. I want to be with you Hana."