I Got A Boy

floWER

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!" Hana repeated in the van the next morning. She stared at the text on her screen. She was hoping it was a dream, but the words on the screen told her otherwise. Rayne leaned over, glancing at the number again. The other two girls were searching through their contact lists to see if they recognized the number. Rayne sighed, no number in her list resembled the one on Hana's phone. The two girls looked back at Rabi. She often took the back seat to get some extra sleep. She picked that habit up from Taemin. She looked up at the girls. She also had her contact list pulled up. She grabbed Hana's phone comparing the numbers to the ones on her list. As she scrolled she found it! The number that was on Hana's phone. She looked at the name attached to that number and tried very hard to keep a straight face. She gave Hana back the phone.

"Nope, no one in my list." She said sadly, lying to her maknae. She didn't want to fluster the girl anymore than she was. "Just forget about it for now." She continued. "You'll drive yourself crazy. Just focus on our schedule today o.k?" Hana didn't want to focus on the schedule. She needed to figure out who it was that texted her. Though, the more she thought about it, the more she realized she didn't want to know. Knowing the name meant a future confrontation. The last thing Hana wanted was a confrontation. The van pulled into the parking lot, and Manager Kang got out, letting the girls out of the van. He'd been listening to the conversation of the girls. He thought it was cute that Hana had a secret admirer. His only concern was how little exposure she's had. His deduction was that another idol sent her the text. He's already been dealing with what ever was going on between Rabi, Onew, and Kai. That's something he didn't want the public to catch on to.

As they entered the building hairdressers and clothing designers surrounded them. Rayne was a bit flustered at first, but she warmed up to it. Hana tried her best not to push any of them away. They arrived at the location in which they were doing the shoot. They became the new face for a new lip gloss that was just released. The girls were pulled into separate rooms where their make-up and hair was being done. Clothes of their assigned colors rested on hangers in there rooms.

Rayne didn't mind the people doing her make-up. She liked the feeling of the soft brushes on her face. She had a male doing her make-up. He was easy on the eyes and funny to talk to. He was also in charge of doing her hair, which he worked into short tight curls. After she got dressed, wearing a lavender sun dress, with deep purple boot heels, and accessories to match, she was told to wait in the room for her photo partner. She swirled around in the chair, listening to the SNSD song that rung in the background. She hummed along. "I gotta boy, dah-dun. I gotta boy, da da. I gotta boy, handsome boy..." She nodded her head side to side. Two hands dropped down on her shoulders, startling her a bit. She turned to find Onew. She smiled at him. "Oppa!" She cooed getting up and hugging him. "Are you my shoot partner?" She asked.

"Yea." He nodded. He was wearing green. Rayne looked him up and down at the same time he did. The both of them gave each other their "nod of approval" laughing merrily as they did. He pulled a seat up next to her. Changing the conversation and mood. "Has Rabi spoken about me?" Rayne gave him a look. One he couldn't quite decipher.

"Let's just put it this way... Keep your distance." Onew nodded, understanding the message behind the words. "Why did you make them leave?" She asked, leaning into him.

"Kris was watching Rabi undress." Rayne raised an eyebrow. This was news to her.

"Kris?" She repeated.

"Neh," Onew nodded again. "When I came out of the bathroom he was standing in front of her door." Rayne leaned back in her chair. Kris? Her Kris was watching Rabi get undressed? What the hell was wrong with the men in this industry!? She let out an exasperated sigh. Onew tilted his head. "What's wrong? Did you like Kris."

"No!" She exclaimed, standing up and walking away from him. She began to pace the room. "There's NO WAY I'd like such a sleaze like him!" Suddenly the song 'Sleaze Bag' applied to her in a new way. If there was ever a day when they would have to perform that song again, she knew exactly who she would be singing about.

Rabi was used to being swamped with people around her. She was used to having people always in her face while others pulled at her hair. She was wore a tube top and skirt in a scarlet color, and a yellow mesh cardigan. She wore an open toed heel with her hair made into a short bob.  After the crew left her to herself in her room she picked up her phone and dialed a number.

"Hello?" The guy on the other end answered.

"What's up with that text to Hana." The other person didn't respond. "She's freaking out. How did you even get her number?" She heard a nervous chuckle from the boy on the other end.

"I got it from her phone when she wasn't looking. Does she know it's me?" He asked, his voice a bit nervous.

"Ani. She doesn't recognize the number. And I'm not telling her either!" The boy on the other end let out a sigh of relief. "Don't you sigh! You're going to have to tell her it was you. But... you should know..." Rabi didn't want to tell the boy the next part. She didn't want to break his heart. "She's really not looking. She's too shy for that type of thing. She'll most likely reject you..."

"J-jinja?" The boy couldn't believe what he was hearing. "But what if-" There was a noise in the background. "Oh I have to go! Please talk her into it! Bye!"

"Wait I can't- Aish!" She shook her head placing her phone back on the table. "These kids!" She complained out loud leaning back in the chair.

"Oh Bunbun, you seem stressed." Rabi turned to Taemin who stood in the doorway. He looked at his noona and couldn't hide the smile on his face. She was very cute. The only thing he liked about Rabi leaving SHINee and joining floWER was that she got to dress more like a girl rather than a tom boy, like she did when she was still with them. He'd been reading about her in the forums online. Her fan base was excited about the new image change. She smiled at him, then her smile quickly pulled into a frown as she approached him. The closer she got the... angrier she looked. Taemin braced himself for what was about to come. Once Rabi reached him she flicked his nose, causing him to cry out and hold his face. "Apa Bunbun, weh-oh!"

"What is WRONG with you!?" Her voice filled the room. He looked at his best friend, who looked seriously annoyed with him. "Why is Key dancing better than you onstage?" This cut him a bit. Especially coming from her. But he knew what she meant. It was true, he hasn't been giving his all onstage. It wasn't like he was trying to disappoint her, he just really missed her. Every time he did the performance he would think of her. His smile would fade as he would imagine her dancing around with him, the way she would if she were still with SHINee. The weight of her leaving hit him more when she was actually gone. He attempted to hide the sadness and longing on his face with little success. Rabi picked up on everything about Taemin. He was her first love, though she always gave her attention to Onew. He just seemed like the easier choice. Rabi reached up and wiped a stray tear from the boy's eye. "Taeminnie-ah..." She looked away. She knew where this was going to lead.

"Bunbun... I miss you." He said to her with a sad smile. She smiled sadly back at him, attempting to blink back the tears in her eyes. The two dancers stood there holding each other in the doleful silence of the empty room.

Hana sat still as the artist swept soft brushes across her face and dabbed lip gloss on her perky lips. Once the room was empty she changed into a halter top sun dress in a a light baby blue. She also wore a dark blue boy sweater over it. The heels were the same color as the dress. All of her accessories matched the sweater. Her hair was pulled up into a playful ponytail adorned with blue butterfly pins. She sat in her chair staring at the message on the screen of her phone. A part of her wanted to reply, but she had no idea what to say.

NEW TEXT; 12:05; PARK HANA; TO: UNKNOWN;

"Who is this?"

"I guess that's as good a place to start as any..." She mumbled hitting the send button. "Aish... Why me?" She whined.

"What are you doing Hana?" The voice was too close for comfort. She turned to her right to find Jonghyun leaning over her shoulder. She hopped up, falling out of her chair. "Oh! Gosh, did I scare you!" He asked. He wasn't expecting her to react to him like that. He offered his hand to help her up. "Are you hurt?" He questioned. She ignored his hand and his question as she stood up, taking more steps away from him.

"Are you my photo shoot partner?" She questioned softly. He nodded motioning to his outfit. She shook her head, unable to comprehend or even accept that fact. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no!" Jonghyun eyes went wide. He couldn't believe she didn't like him this much. He thought back to their first encounter and wondered if he was a bit too pushy.

"Hana-ssi. Do you really dislike me?" She didn't answer, but the look on her face told him all he needed to know. "I want to start over." He said. Holding his hands out to welcome her. Only to her it seemed he was attempting to beckon her over into his trap. She stayed in her spot. "You don't seem like you want to...:" He trailed off as she shook her head. He sighed. The more he looked at her, the more cute he thought she was. He at least wanted to be friends. "Look, Hana, I really like you." He was very blunt, which was uncomfortable for her. She made her way out of the room, unable to remain in the same room as him. She's already had one confession, she couldn't handle another.

Jonghyun watched her leave. He sighed out loud. It was about time for the shoot anyway so he made his way over to the set. The six idols met. Rabi and Rayne laughed when they saw that Jonghyun was Hana's partner. Rabi still ignored Onew throughout the entire shoot, and Jonghyun was getting too close for Hana's comfort. It's not like he wanted to creep her out. He was just doing what the directors were instructing him to do. Rabi and Taemin worked naturally with each other. They always took pictures together back when they lived together. As they looked at the previews for the pictures, Rabi noticed Taemin's smile wasn't genuine. It hurt her to see how hurt he was. But there wasn't much she could do. This was something Taemin need to get through himself.

After the shoot Onew pulled Rabi aside. "Mianhe." He said immediately. He couldn't stand how cold she was being to him. "I was just trying to protect you." She stood in front of him. Arms folded, lips pursed, eyes narrowed. She didn't look like she wanted to hear what he had to say. "Rabi-ah~ Really, I'm very sorry!" Rabi wanted to accept his apology, but he needed to learn not to micro-manage her life. She turned away from him and said goodbye to Jonghyun and hugged Taemin. He pecked her cheek softly before she climbed into the van. 

When the girls returned to the dorm Rayne made a beeline to her room, locking the door behind her. She SISTAR 19, turning it up just loud enough so the girls wouldn't hear her talk. She picked up her phone and scrolled through her contacts. She pressed the call button and waited for an answer.

"Hello?"

"You friggin' sleaze!" She exclaimed.

"Mwo?" Kirs was confused. Rayne's tone was different. He was used to the sweet, flirty squealing from her. Not this stern, accusatorial, demanding tone she spoke with now. "Raynnie-ah?"

"Don't you 'Raynnie-ah' me! Onew told me what you did. How DARE you watch my member undress?!"

Kris let out an exasperated sigh. Onew misunderstood the situation and hadn't given him time to explain himself. He was not going to let Rayne's image of him become corrupted. "Rayne, please listen. Onew was upset. He saw wrong. I just wanted to see why Kai looked so flustered coming from that part of the dorm." He took a deep breath and Rayne didn't say anything. "When I saw she was getting dressed I turned away immediately. I swear! Onew just... he thought I was watching her..."

"Why in the world should I believe you?"

"Because I'm crazy about you Rayne." Rayne froze, did Kris just confess to her?