First Impressions

floWER

It's been a busy day in its own way. Manager Kang was indeed serious about the girls performing that song they started as a joke a few weeks ago. But they've been spending countless hours in the studio, both dance and recording, just to practice it. Hana and Rabi collaborated on the official lyrics, and Rayne pitched in with the dance moves. Rabi couldn't stop thinking to herself how extremely funny it all was. She was in her room talking on the phone with Taemin.

"Bunbun, are you excited for today?" Rabi giggled. Kang informed the girls that they would be opening for SHINee today. 'How Ironic.' She thought. The fans were going to get a kick out of this.

"Neh, this is going to be fun." Suddenly Hana came into Rabi's room, desperately holding on to Rabi. Rabi watched Hana. She began to worry. Hana looked like she was about ready to faint. "Hanai-ah~ What's wrong?"

"Unni~ I can't do this. What if he finds out it's about him?" She was so cute. She spoke in that baby voice Rabi grew fond of. She wrapped her arms around her.

"Aegyo! Don't worry Hana, if he does. then that would be good. Or he'll just keep bothering you." It was true. In the past few weeks Jonghyun visited their dorm three different times, bringing a different SHINee member each time, just to see Hana. There was something about her he really liked. He didn't understand why she didn't like him. In fact that was rare for him. The fact that she kept avoiding him made him want to pursue her more. Rabi ended the conversation with Taemin and turned her full attention to Hana. Rayne walked into the room, eating dry cereal from the box.

"I CANNOT wait to sing this live." She said stuffing her hand into the box, and pulling out a handful of puffs. Out of all the girls Rayne was more excited about this performance. Jonghyun's three visits to their dorm annoyed her even more. She wanted to show him what he was missing. The dance had the perfect amount of appeal, and sass. Manager Kang walked into the room, smiling at the three girls.

"I'm glad you feel that way. The more excited you are, the better the performance." He looks over to Hana. "What's wrong?" Hana shakes her head. Kang raises his eyebrow, but didn't press the issue further. He knew Hana was professional enough not to let what ever it was bothering her effect today's performance. He smiled watching the three girls. They were beginning to become somewhat like daughters to him. He guided them to the van, helping them pack their duffel bags and packing snacks for them. It was going to be a long day and the girls were going to need energy.

The four of them joked around in the van on the way to their destination. He was glad they were warming up to him. Truth was he was just as nervous, if not more nervous, than they were in the beginning. They pulled into the parking lot of the TV studio. They made their way, avoiding paparazzi and Rabi fans (from her SHINee career), into the building and to their assigned waiting room. It was nice and quiet in their room. With a few make-up artists and hair dresses scattered around making small talk, prepping their stations. The girls were being girls. Talking about make-up, guys, and pandas.

Rabi looked up as someone poked their head in the room. She smiled remembering his face. "Yixing!" She cooed. He smiled and entered the room, slightly bowing to the other girls before making his way to Rabi.

"Noona, how are you?" He stood at least a foot taller than her. She smiled at him. Last time she saw him was during the SHINee concert in Japan. His hair was longer then, but ever since his involvement in EXO he's had a slight image change. She hugged him, he was like a little brother to her. A vary tall little brother. Rayne and Hana exchanged a look. Hana knew who he was, she knew just about all the celebrities in the industry. She just didn't have any idea how close her unni was with this boy. 

"I'm doing great." She motions to the girls. She knew Rayne would flip if she didn't introduce them. "These are my new members." He turned to them and bowed slightly.

"Lay." He introduced himself with a slight nod. It was weird for Rabi to hear his screen name. She'd come to know him as Yixing, and that's what she would continue to call him. Rayne stood up making her way over to the pair. Hana stayed seated. She normally stayed to herself. She was typically a very shy person.

"I know who you are." Rayne said as she made her way over. "I'm Rayne, and that's Hana." She motioned to the girl absorbed in her book, with earphones plugged into her ears. The wire running down into the pocket of the sweater Rabi and Rayne tried so hard to not to make her wear. Yixing gave Rayne a half smile.

"Rayne?" He repeated. "Nice name." He looked at Hana, then back to the girls. "I heard you guys were here, so I wanted to come say hi." A small knock on the door stopped the girls from responding.

"Lay," a deep voice rung from the man's chest. Rabi raised her eyebrow, Rayne perked up as well. Hana even honored the man with a three second glance before she returned back to her book. He walked into the room, swaying his shoulders as if he were on a runway. The world was his stage, at all times he was in the spotlight. He reached the small trio and bowed politely to the girls. "You have to stop disappearing like that." He said scolding Yixing.

"Mainhe Hyung." Yixing motioned to the girls. "I wanted to come see them." The man looked between the two girls and nodded.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Kris."

"I know." Rabi stated. She had been following the Debut of Exo ever since she found out Yixing was a part of it. "Nice eyebrows." She said with a giggle. Yixing and Rayne joined her in laughing. Kris stared at her. He wasn't too sure on how to respond so he just nodded briefly and showed a crooked smile. "What?" Rabi said in response to the laughter. "I really like his eyebrows! Don't I Hana!" The silent girl nodded to the girl's question, though she didn't look up from her book.

Kris raise one of his furry brows. "Are you a fan?" Rabi and Rayne giggled. Yixing sighed and rolled his eyes. His Hyung was always flirting. Before the girls could answer another member of Exo walked in. Kai. He paused at the door.

"Whoa, party in here?" Rabi let out a squeal. The kind of squeal she would do as a response to Hana's Aegyo. She ran over to Kai and bowed to him like an excited school girl. Kris froze, he couldn't believe that had just happened.

"Oh Hyung, I don't think she's a fan of yours." Yixing teased. Kris glared at him. Rayne patted the man's back.

"Don't worry Oppa, I'm your fan."  Kris's ears perked up to this. He turned to Rayne. Yixing made his way over to Hana. Plopping himself down next to her. She eyed him suspiciously. He just stared at her. The two of them burst out into laughter. Yixing was able to break the ice with the awkward, shy idol-to-be with out even speaking. Manager Kang walked in the room to find it three people fuller.

"Hello fellas." The Exo members looked up at the manager, slightly bowing to him. "Would you all mind giving us some privacy?" The guys said their goodbyes to the girls before leaving. Rabi made sure she exchanged numbers with Kai. She was not going to let one of her baises walk out without having a firm line of communication between the two. "Are you girls ready?" They each nodded. He gave them a small pep talk, receiving a hug both from Rabi and Rayne. After he left the room the girls began to get ready for the performance.

***

The lights were bright. The stage was huge. Luckily the lights made it impossible to see the crowd or Hana would have been freaking out. Still just the sheer fact in knowing there was a crowd there made her nervous. But she practiced this multiple times. She glanced off to the side, offstage, where Key, Yixing, Taemin, and Jonghyun stood. That was it. That was all the inspiration she needed. The music began and Hana danced with as much fierceness, if not more, as her unnies. When her time came to sing, she belted as loud and as powerful as she could. She was going to show him what happens when you invaded Park Hana's personal space.

As the music played and the girls sang Jonghyun became stiff. Key and Taemin exchanged knowing looks. Key let out a loud laugh, covering his mouth. Yixing looked between the three of his hyungs. He wasn't sure what was going on, he just knew that Rabi Noona's new group was owning the stage. Whoever they were singing about should probably run and hide. Jonghyun couldn't believe his ears. He didn't want to leave, or that would make him look obvious. Though at the same time he didn't want to stay there. All he could do was let out a numbing laugh.

The girls had no time to see SHINee after their performance due to the schedule. Instead, the members of Exo met them backstage. The twelve guys stood there laughing and clapping. "Noona! You did good!" Yixing cooed. The other members agreed. Kris pulled Rayne aside.

"Who was that about?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. Rayne giggled and poked the tall man on the cheek. He smiled slightly. "You're a funny girl." He joined his group and Rayne joined hers. Rabi and Hana gave her a suspicious look. She laughed out loud. The two girls shook their heads making their way back to their dressing room. Before they could leave Kai pulled Rabi aside. Rabi couldn't help but notice how much attention from the guys they were getting.

"You did well." He said, smiling and nodding. Rabi mumbled a thank you, bowing slightly as her short hair hugged her face. "Good luck with your debut. I'll be sure to keep an eye out." She wasn't sure if he was flirting or just being really nice. But either way her face flushed red. Hana and Rayne noticed the interaction between the two of them and made off, leaving them to their conversation. The two idols spoke of Rabi's recent career in SHINee, and Exo's up coming comeback.

Once SHINee's performance was over, backstage became even more crowded as the colorfully dressed men filled in. Onew noticed Kai and Rabi standing close, having what looked like an intimate conversation. Onew ignored the compliments from the surrounding Exo members and made his way over to Rabi and Kai. Once he reached them he threw his arm around her shoulder, giving Kai a sidelong glance. Rabi was surprised to see him.

"Oppa!" She squealed, hopping up and hugging him. "How'd I do?" She asked pulling away. He moved some hair from her face, glancing at Kai who was now making his way back over to his group members.

"That was hilarious. It was about Jonghyun wasn't it?" Rabi placed her index finger over her lips.

"Shhh." She said with a giggle. They both laugh.

"Are you close with Kai?" He asked, suddenly changing the mood of the conversation. Rabi looked over to Kai, who was now staying to himself as the Exo members began to enter the stage. She shrugged.

"We just met today. But he's nice. I think we'll be good friends." She finished with a nod and a sweet smile. Onew wasn't sure if he liked the sound of this. He didn't like the idea of Rabi now being out in the open, doing such girly things for all of Korea to see. He liked it better when she was still with SHINee, where he could keep a close eye on her. He didn't ask any more questions about it. Instead he brushed it off and walked her back to her dressing room. What he and Rabi had was special. It still is. There was no doubt she still loved him, and visa versa. She wouldn't let a new kid in the industry come in between them. Rabi may have left SHINee, but she and Onew were everlasting.