Letting it Slip

floWER

It was a tough dance practice. Dongwoo wasn't sure if he even wanted to be a part of the dance anymore. Not with all the drama that went down with every practice. If it weren't for Rayne apologizing to him and promising that she would keep it under control next time he may have just dropped from the dance. As the idols gathered their things, Onew joined the group to gather s. Hana began to make her way over to him. Minho place a hand on her shoulder. "What are you doing?" He asked with a concerned look in his eyes.

"I'm going to talk to Onew-ssi." She told him blinking twice. Minho didn't think that was such a great idea.

"Ani, ani, ani. You shouldn't bother hyung."

"Oppa, I just want to talk to him."

"No, he's not-"

"Oppa, trust me. I know what I'm doing." Politely, she moved Minho's hand from her shoulder and walked over to Onew who leaned against the wall waiting for s. He met eyes with Hana as she approached. He gave her a warm smile, the warmest he could manage anyway.

"Onew-ssi, may I speak with you in private please?" Onew tilted his head. What did little Hana want to talk with him about? He nodded, exiting the dance studio. Once the door was closed behind them he turned to Hana.

"Neh, what's wrong Hana? Is everything fine?"

"With me? Yes. But, not so much with you." Onew raised an eyebrow. Had he done something to Hana? "I understand that Rabi needs to be put in her place, and you're doing an... o.k job at doing that, but you have to watch yourself too Onew-ssi." Onew blinked, it was almost as if this girl was in his head, pulling out bits and pieces of his mind, laying them out in front of him. "You shouldn't drink, it's not very professional. But I didn't want to talk to you to scold you, I'm in no position to do that. I just want to understand you. Why make the decisions you do?" Onew was speechless, this girl spoke well beyond her years. "Will you let me in?" She asked with a tilted head. Onew stared at the girl for a long time before letting out a heavy sigh. He leaned back against the wall, resting his head as well. His cheeks puffed with air and was quickly deflated when he open his mouth to speak. Suddenly, Onew felt himself pouring everything out to this girl. His love for Rabi, his jealousy towards her and Taemin. He told her about how he stressed about being the leader of the group at times. About how sometimes he just wanted to relax and not have to carry the weight of the group on his shoulders. For a short while, Rabi was the one who took that stress away from him, but in the end she chose her original lover. And suddenly all the stress that she had been keeping away hit him ten fold. Turns out she wasn't stopping it, she was just keeping it from reaching him.

"That's why I drink." He told her. "It numbs the feeling of losing the one thing that helped me make sense of anything." He looked over at the girl, who watched him intently. He sighed again, it felt good to get a bunch of that off of his chest. Hana nodded slightly, finally being able to understand the SHINee leader. She patted his back, and tucked a lose strand of hair behind her ear. "Hana-ssi, thank you." She nodded again, smiling softly at the man as a stray tear ran down his cheek. When the other members emerged from the room he quickly wiped the tear away, replacing his frail, tattered attitude with the strong demanding leader one. A front he's been putting up for weeks now. As the the group parted in the parking lot Hana wondered if Onew would be ok when he got home. He seemed like he needed to talk more. Talk to someone who wouldn't judge him or interrupt his thoughts. He just needed someone to listen to him. She let Onew's words sink into her mind as they rode back. 

Once back in the dorm the girls began to set up for dinner. It was Hana's turn to cook. Rabi rested on the couch turning her phone. She didn't want to deal with anymore drama tonight. She couldn't stand anymore stress with their debut being not so far away. "Hana, let me know when dinner is done ok?" Hana nodded and Rayne retreated into her room. Kris texted her earlier when she was in the dance studio to log into her Skype as soon as she got the chance. He claimed he wanted to show her something. She sat at her desk in front of her laptop screen. She logged into her Skype, and not even a few seconds later she receive a video call from Kris. She answered the call and shot back in her chair.

"Omagawd Kris, your hair!" Kris smiled into the camera, his hair was now shorter and darker. It opened his face up more, his eyebrows became more prominent.

"You don't like it?"

"Are you kidding me? I love it!" She said, sharing a laugh between the two of them. There was a slight pause before Kris spoke again.

"I have good news," Rayne leaned in, prompting him to continue. "We're coming back to Korea soon." Rayne clapped, she missed spending time with Kris. Not to mention that she was slowly starting to fall for him. Every night he would call her just to see how her day went. He would listen as she would vent to him, throwing all of her stress on to him. And he was fine with it. He carried both his and her weight as leaders of their group. When she would finish telling him about her day, he'd talk into her ear, literally about nothing. Mumbling random thoughts that ran through his mind just because she liked the sound of his voice. The constant drone would flow through her ears as she drifted off to sleep. She wanted to hear his voice in person. Just before she spoke her cell phone rung. She motioned for Kris to wait and answered.

"Hello, Rayne here."

"Hey, it's Jonghyun!" Rayne blinked.

"Jongi? What's up?" Kris's ears perked up to the sound of the pet name for Jonghyun. He stared at the screen where Rayne half turned from him. He leaned back in his chair and tried his best not to let it bother him. "Oh, really?" Rayne continued. She giggled, only the type of giggle that she would give Kris. Kris was becoming upset, he breathed out loud attempting to get her attention, but she waved him off again. "What?" Rayne said, suddenly becoming surprised. "Jongi... I don't know-" Her eyebrows shot up. She glanced over at Kris who watched her with a raised eyebrow. "I mean... I think you're nice too but-"

"Hang up." Kris said finally. He knew from Rayne's reaction that Jonghyun must have been confessing to her. Rayne looked at him and blinked. "Hang up." He repeated.

"I'm sorry Jonghyun, can we talk about this another time? I'm busy." A few seconds later her face flushed red. Kris's did as well, but for a completely different reason. Anger and jealousy were the emotions that colored his face. She hung up the phone and turned to Kris. "Sorry about that." She said.

"That was Jonghyun right?" Rayne nodded. "I don't like that he makes you smile like that." It wasn't like Kris didn't like when he saw Rayne smile, but seeing that smile generated from another source annoyed him. "Raynnie-ah, I know we haven't made this official or anything like that, but I want to." Rayne blushed. She wasn't sure what to say, seeing as though Jonghyun basically just declared her his woman. His words rung in her mind. 'Don't look at another guy ok Sassy? I want to be the only one.' He was so straightforward with it. But it was that straightforwardness that Rayne loved. She blinked at Kris, looking into his intense eyes. Kris leaned forward, becoming uncomfortable by her silence. "I'll be in Korea soon. Wait for me will you?" He asked. Again, her silence made him uncomfortable. But Rayne couldn't help it. She didn't know what to tell him for the sole fact that she did know what to think. "I have to go." He said getting up from his chair. He jabbed a finger at her. "I'm seriously in love with you. Wait for me Rayne." And just like that, the call ended.