Chapter 6

Who Should I choose?

 

 

 

Two hours past by like that and we were hungry by then. We gave back the bikes and went to eat at Burger Kings.

We were happily eating our burgers when the queenkas had to step in and be loud. They walked in, snatching the attention of many boys there. They’re your classic cheerleader type of girls. They saw me and evil grins spread across their fake faces. “Well well well, isn’t it the princess girl who thinks she’s good enough for L.Joe. And look she’s with her friend. Handsome boy you got there, Sparrow.” The leader, Aubrey, spitted my name out in disgust. I stopped eating by then, “what do you want Aubrey?” And I thought the torment would only happen when the weekend was over, guess not. “Oh, nothing really, just wanted to say hi and to say that you’re a freaking to think L.Joe would want you. Yeah, that’s about it.” “Anymore? Can you just leave me alone for once?” I replied monotone. “I can’t leave you alone because I know that you’re a stupid ugly duckling that is so clingy to our oppa and that you don’t deserve to be happy and by the way, you-“ Aubrey was immediately cut off by JR’s abrupt stand. “For your information, Sparrow isn’t a and she’s not clingy and not a ugly duckling. Well if you have anything more to say, you can say it to me and not to her. You don’t have any rights to say anything about her!” JR’s face look so fierce, it actually scared Aubrey and her little group. It actually scared me. “Hey! Don’t get all angry now. We were just drowning Sparrow darling in some reality. It doesn’t hurt much. By the way, who are you handsome? Why are you with a loser like her?” Diana, one of Aubrey’s minions questioned. I just tossed the insults to the back of my mind, I was used to it. JR seemed to flare up even more. “Well thank you for the compliment but please take back the insults about Sparrow. She’s not what you think she is! Sparrow let’s go.” JR spat with sarcasm and grabbed my hand and started walking off. I grabbed my fries and purse before he could walk any further. The cheerleaders were so dumfounded and angry, they just stood there.  OMG much, this is so unforgettable, they’re faces are soo epic!

 

We were a far distance off when JR slowed down to a slow walk. “Do you live through this everyday of your life?” he asked. I nodded. “Why? They’re so irritating, hate girls like them. From now on, I am your proclaimed protector. I’ll protect you from those incessant ***ches! If anyone hurts you, tell me! I’ll hurt them back 1 million times more!” I giggled at his anger. It was so cute >_< I didn’t know what to say but I nodded and just offered him fries. He looked at it and took one. We both laughed and walked home.

We bade each other goodbye and I was in my room now. I was sprawled over my bed and thinking about the events that happened today. It was one of the best days I’ve had; JR was like my brother, a very good friend. Maybe he’s more than that.. When he held my hand, I felt fuzzy inside, my heart beat was speeding up when he said things about me. Love? I don’t know… I don’t think I know anything’s about love now. After L.Joe, I wondered if love actually felt like how I felt with L.Joe, so sweet and happy, loving him from the bottom of my heart. Sigh…

Sunday went by, I went to church and finished up homework.

Monday came… I wasn’t liking it. JR was meeting me and we would go together. At least he’s there, by my side.

“Heyyyy! You ready to go? Don’t worry I’ll be here. I got into the same classes as you so you don’t have to worry, nobody’s gonna hurt you when I’m around.” JR thumped his chest and acted like some big shot hero, which made me laugh. I was lucky to have him.

-At school-

Once I stepped into the school gate, I could feel the mocking stares of the students. Whispers of disgust and hate. This was going to  last about a week or so… JR was beside me, walking confidently, taking in the entire school and the kinds of people around. “There are a lot of people here who jump to conclusions, their attitude real bad~” I looked at him, eyes wide opened, “how in the world do you know? Are you a mind reader?” “Nah, their body language shows their character. I went for some lessons back in high school,” JR gave that charming smile and girls started to take note of him. They were winking at him and all he did was look oblivious to them. I did hear things like ‘why is she with him?’, ‘who is he?’, ‘is he new?’, ‘he’s hanging out with the wrong girl… pity.’ I felt bad for him, I wanted to disappear from his side, why make him suffer when I’m the one their targeting? “And if you’re thinking about getting rid of me because you feel bad, Sparrow, I ain’t going no where. I’m staying right here. You need someone!” “JR, are you sure you’re not a mind reader?” I shook my head, smiling though at his silly reply, shrugging his shoulders and looking happy by himself.  I walked into class, and guess what? L.Joe had to be there. “Hey babe~ Did ya miss me?” He was trying to make a fool out of me, he tried to touch my face but before I could recoil, JR beat me to it. He slapped L.Joe’s hands away, “keep your hands to yourself and your own women. Sparrow isn’t one of your women.” L.Joe looked really pissed and was about to pick a fight when the teacher came in. “Alright! Everybody to your seats, we’ll begin soon. Ah! JR! Come and introduce yourself to the class.” I slipped through the aisle of seats, careful not to get tripped by the idiots. I sat at the corner, just how a wallflower would be. No one sat to me. When JR was done, the teacher allocated him to the next to me. Girls were giving me glares, not accepting the fact that he was sitting next to me, a loner in school, introvert maybe.

Class went on swell, just a lot of messages that kept getting passed back to JR. All from the girls, the popular ones with nice figure, pretty doll faces and all that , all the same topic, ‘get away from Sparrow!’ He finished reading each one and when he looked up to see the person who sent it, he glared at them and crushed the paper and threw it on the floor. The girls were beyond shock and appalled. How could someone like him ignore some people like them? The jigsaw puzzle didn’t fit in their bimbotic brains. I was touched by JR’s act of kindness and friendship. But why would he do so much for a friend he just knew? 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

frannnnn_y's note: 

Double updates today!!! Subscribe and comment!!!