Chapter 22

Who Should I choose?

“Whose car is that outside? Is there a star here?” Mrs Choi echoed through the house. “Oh, hello there. I’m sorry… who are you?” she asked, eyes wide after seeing L.Joe for the first time.

 

“Hello, my name is L.Joe and I’m Sparrow’s boyfriend” L.Joe stood up and bowed to Mrs Choi. “What are you doing here?” She questioned him while judging him silently. “Honey, we’ll talk later alright. Why don’t you go and wash up?” Mr Choi tried to sweet talk Mrs Choi into leaving the couple alone.

 

“No. Aren’t you the boy that dumped Sparrow in front of the entire student body?” Everyone looked up at her in shock. “Ho…how’d… how’d you know that?” Sparrow asked her mother in fear. “I have connections and I’m not so dumb to not know what happening in my children’s lives.”

 

“Now, tell me boy. What are you doing here?” She glared at L.Joe.

 

“I…i…i…um…” He stuttered, not being able to say anything.

 

“I invited him here. I wanted to meet him. So stop giving him such a harsh time.” Mr Choi interrupted.

 

The couple turned to him in shock and L.Joe heaved a sigh of relief. Mrs Choi looked at her husband “We’ll talk later. As for you boy, get out of here before I kick you out,’’ and with that she stomped out of the living room.

 

“I’m sorry about that. It was nice having you, but I think you better get out of here before my wife finds out you’re still here. She’s a hard headed woman. Well, I hope to see you again. Sparrow, please send your boyfriend out.” Mr Choi instructed Sparrow.

 

“Your mum is really scary… I mean your dad was alright. But your mum’s glare was just so… scary.” L.Joe shuddered at her mother’s glare at him just now.  “I’m sorry about that. I don’t even know she was like that. Never in my life have I seen my mother this mad.” She looked down and avoided his eyes. “Hey, what’s that long face for?” He looked at her in concern.

 

“I think my mum doesn’t approve of us….”

 

“I know that honey… but that’s not gonna stop me. I’m going to show her that I’m a really good boyfriend and that I changed from last time. That she can trust her daughter with me! I’m going to show her!” He shouted and fist pumped the air.

 

“Hahaha, ok. Sure, good luck in that case. Well, see you tomorrow in school. Bye.” Sparrow was closing the dorr when L.Joe stuck his foot between it.

 

“Where’s my goodbye kiss?” He stared at Sparrow with his puppy eyes. “No. Good night, go before my mother sees you!” “PLEASE!!!!” “Fine.” Sparrow gave in ad gave him a peck. But being the mischievous boy he is, L.Joe turned his face and ended up kissing Sparrow on the lips.

 

“Bye! I love you my little birdie! See you tomorrow!” L.Joe fled the neighourhood, in fear of her parents seeing that little romantic moment. Sparrow stood there, motionless. Her hands unknowingly moved to her lips and she held it there for a moment.

 

She snapped out of her bubble and a smile crept up her face. “Babo.” She smiled and walked into the house.

 

But across the street, JR stood there. His fist were clenched and he felt his heart breaking into little pieces.

 

Franny note

Well, its up. so yeah enjoy :) 

really short a/n cos im feeling really tired so nights :)