Chapter 13

Who Should I choose?

 

Chapter 13

 

Sparrow’s POV

 

I dried my cheeks and check myself to see if I was okay enough to meet JR without him finding out. I just said yes to L.Joe without giving a thought about how JR would feel. I should’ve known one of us would get hurt because the other had to choose between the two.

Now that L.Joe has his chance of redemption, how am I going to tell that to JR? I can’t possibly just go up and ‘Hi, I’ve chosen L.Joe instead of you.’ I’d sound like a robot. But I don’t want things to be too dramatic and also don’t want it to be too simple. This world ain’t fair.

Check,

I’m tear free, my eyes aren’t swollen and I don’t know what to tell him.  Oh gosh! He’s going to come out any time and I…I got a plan! We’re meeting later to go to the café, I can tell him there.

And he’ll feel sad,

oh why can’t you just shut up, my idiotic conscience!  

But it’s the truth! You can’t bear to see him sad. You like him!

Since when did I like him? I never felt, ok maybe I’ve but I never took note of it.

But I have, and I’m saying you like him! So many times I can sense you feeling much more livelier than when with other guy friends of yours, whenever you’re with him! So many times I see you dreaming about him! I’m the one giving the dreams! I know very well.

And how am I supposed to love both guys at one time? I’m not becoming a cheat ok! I don’t wish to.  You know what conscience, just go back to sleep and don’t bother me unless it’s really important.

But this is important!

Just shut up! I kicked a pebble out of anger and heard someone’s shock reaction to the flying piece of stone. “Woah, who you trying to kill pretty?” JR, of course. “Hey JR, let’s not talk about it. I’m craving for some ice cream!!!! My treat,” I offered. “Great! I don’t have to use money,” I gave a fake appalled look, but laughed it off quickly. I pushed the matter to the back of my head, knowing it won’t stay there for long.

 

We got our ice cream and sat down and there was a comfortable silence. I had to say it, if not he’s going to find out that I gave L.Joe a second chance the wrong way? Like through other people’s mouth, gossip,  you know. It’s now or never. Wish me luck.

“JR, I… I have something to say to you. I hope… this doesn’t change our friendship. I… I gave, oh, I hope I don’t hurt you too much but I gave him a second chance… I gave L.Joe a second chance… I hope you’re not too hurt by this,” I whispered the last part. I already regret this.

 

JR’s POV

Did I just here her say that? She’s with L.Joe again?! After what he has done to her? After what she has suffered and gone through? Is she just blind? I thought I had my chance, my chance at loving her and she loving me back. I told myself not to lose it, not to scare Sparrow, but I guess my body just acted on its own.

(After he walks out of the cafe)                                                                                                                                                                                                                            I shouldn’t have said all those. It must have hurt her. But she just doesn't learn, or maybe I'm just being selfish, thinking she will only be mine. I guess... it's just the way love works. Maybe I'll never get another chance again. Maybe never forever. 

 

Sparrow’s POV

I never expected for JR’s reaction to be so, I can't put a word to it.... He stopped eating his ice cream and his expression got stiff and the happiness in his eyes just disappeared.

He slammed his spoon down on to the table, words came out of his mouth, betrayal flowing out with his words, “I thought you knew better. I thought you learnt to make the better choice. After all you have been through, the humiliation, the pain. Isn’t one time enough for you already?” he paused for a while, looking into my eyes, it had hope and also a sense of betrayal and then with that slight anger and sadness, I couldn’t say anything. His words stung me. He continued, “I hope you really think it through. Text me when you thought it all through. It has changed our friendship, along with many other things.” With that he left, then I felt an immediate hollowness in me. It was as if a part of my vital organs got taken out of me. I watched him as he walked out of the café, I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. Before he turned at the corner, he gave a last look. It pierced through me.

Oh no…what have I done…

Way to go Sparrow! I told you. He would be sad and many more! You really shouldn’t have gave L.Joe a second chance, really. What if it’s yet another bet?

It’s not! L.Joe’s true this time!  

Whatever you say. I cannot make you think the way I want to.  Good luck to you girl!

Damn that idiotic conscience! 

Chloe's note:

I updated again!!! Just 50 minutes before the weekend's over. Consider it as thriple updates from the both of us. 

Frannny's chapter was just too good to be left disconnected and I really know what you guys feel when there's a cliffhanger so we'll ease the pain, or let's say I'll ease the pain:9 

I hope it's good. If you can imagine the story and the scences in your head like i do, it would be much much nicer:)

Happy waiting for the next update! Thank for reading!!!!

Comment and subcribe:D Bookmark and upvote=D