Chapter 21

Who Should I choose?

Chapter 21

 

“Hey babe, I’m reaching inn five, four, three, two, one,” L.Joe spoke through his phone to Sparrow and just as he said, he arrived at her door step, shut the engine and stepped out of his silver BMW.  She never got over the fact that her boyfriend owned a BMW, all under his name. She shook her head as he ran up to give his girlfriend a passionate hug. “My little Sparrow, did I ever tell you that you look beautiful even in home clothes?” “Yes, you grease ball, everyday, in fact,” she replied, breathing a huge amount of his cologne that calmed her a bit. Sparrow was nervous that her father would be too much, go overboard and make L.Joe leave her like all her previous boyfriends.

L.Joe made himself comfortable on the porch in front of her house. “Hey, you look stressed out. Is it because of your father and this visit?” She didn’t reply and just sat there looking at her salmon pink painted toenails. “Don’t be okay? I’ll be fine. I mean how bad can your family get huh?” L.Joe tried to calm Sparrow’s nerves but the effort was futile. “How am I supposed to be not stressed out? Everytime my dad invites my boyfriends or even friends, they always get scared of him and cut all contacts with me because my dad is so threatening… I don’t want that to happen to you…” Sparrow confided in L.Joe. He just smiled down at his girlfriend, tenderly her hair, bringing her closer to him, placing her head on his shoulder. “I won’t, I promise.” He turned to face her head and placed a soft kiss on her soft chestnut hair.

“NOONA!!!!” Ren shouted from inside, “GET IN HERE~~~” Sparrow stood up and dusted her shorts, “let’s go. I’m sure they waited long enough,” she said meekly, pulling L.Joe up and gently pulling him to the giant oak door, nicely carved in every proportion.

They opened the door to see a table filled with photos of the Choi family, extended and immediate. They spread  over a table, sharing a unique warmth to each family. As the couple walked towards the dining area, they past the blue living room, a big flat screen tv hanging from the wall, long couches in colours of blue, white and grey. “Beautiful house, you guys got here,” L.Joe complimented. Sparrow hummed in approval.

As they reached the dining area, there was a small spread of Korean food in front of them. Kimchi fried rice, meat and lettuce wraps, kimbab, and a few more. Just as the two rested themselves on the sturdy bark brown chairs, Mr  Choi came out from the kitchen with a bowl of soup in his hand. It was steaming hot, with the steams dancing upwards into the wide atmosphere dance floor.  L.Joe immediately stood up and greeted Mr Choi. “Good evening Mr Choi, it’s nice to be here and meet you,” L.Joe said in a polite tone, a smile painted just right on his face as he extended his right hand to shake the middle aged man’s. “Yes, good evening to you too, L.Joe. Sit, sit,” Mr Choi exchanged the greeting, briefly shaking L.Joe’s hand. 

“Thank you for the meal~!” the three youngsters chorused as they dug into their food.  “So L.Joe-goon, tell me about yourself, a small introductory, something like that,” Mr Choi started. L.Joe looked up from his bowl of fried rice and cleared his throat. He answered, “sure thing, sir. Well I’m a year older than Sparrow. Talking about Sparrow, she’s a lovely girl, I must say. I’m really thankful to have met her, sir,” before he continued, the oldest man commented, “but didn’t you throw her away before?” L.Joe froze momentararily, his eyes widening slightly at the sudden revival of that day when he dumped Sparrow cold heartedly, “well, I… made a huge mistake back then and now I’m loving with all I have, treating her a million times better and making her the most special and beautiful girl in my heart,” Sparrow immediately flushed, terribly. Her ears and cheeks were a bright rosy red and her body shivered from the greasy comments of the man she loved. She kicked his shin from under the table, as form of punishment. L.Joe’s eyes widened at the sudden jolt of pain in his left leg and stared at his little babe, across the table. Sparrow gave him a look and continued eating her food, indifferent to his agonizing face. Ren laughed under his breath while Mr Choi didn’t seem to give a damn about the crazy-in-love couple in front of him. In his mind, bits of the time when he courted, dated and proposed to his amazing were re-surfing in his brain. The couple reminded him of his wife and himself. “Continue,” Mr Choi prompted. “Yes, yes,” L.Joe sat up from rubbing his shin, “ well I’m the only child in my family, I may be a bit rowdy and rebellious-“ “I can see from the hair,” Mr Choi interrupted, gesturing to L.Joe’s blonde hair. “Ah.. yeah but I’m not very rebellious, not the extent where you have to worry about me running away with your daughter, sir. I love my parents a lot, I’m thankful that they raised me well and till now,” L.Joe paused to sip a bit of grape juice in front of him, “I’ve been dancing  recently. I know how to rap and I play the piano. Currently, I’m in a dance group called Teen Top. We been dancing for about three years ago. Performed a few times out of school. Nothing big yet, “ as L.Joe paused to eat his food, Mr Choi popped a question, “Why not in school?” “because we don’t want to get fangirls,” “and what makes you think you will?” L.Joe choked on his food and coughed irregularly. Sparrow passed him his glass of juice, patting his back. Ren chuckled in his mind as the school’s Kingka was getting poured black paint on his white popularity canvas. L.Joe came to his senses and made a smart comment, “and what are you to underestimate our ablility, sir?” Mr Choi looked up from his plate and straight into L.Joe’s orbs. “Yeah, you’re right. Who am I to judge? Tell me more about this group of yours,” L.Joe kept his cool because he knew he needed to, to get Mr Choi’s approval.

As the night drew on, Mr Choi was not reaching his goal of removing L.Joe from Sparrow’s life. L.Joe was unphased by Mr Choi’s witty comments about him and his group mates, or anything. He didn’t feel threatened by Mr Choi’s cold aura. L.Joe was still looking cool as he was when he first arrived an hour and a half ago.

They moved on to their fruits and were sitting at the couch, watching a comedy.

Mr Choi sat on his couch and studied the couple to his right. How comfortable they were with each other, how they sometimes got lovey-dovey and how they just were themselves. They looked like they were perfectly meant to be together, fitting each other like yin and yang. The sides of Mr Choi’s mouth curved into a small and unnoticeable smile. Perfect, he thought. Just then, Mrs Choi came home, placing her suitcase onto the table. “Whose car is that outside? Is there a star here?” Mrs Choi echoed in the entire house.

 

 

Chloe’s note

I updated instead of Frannyy, she’s lazy^^ HAHA, sorry Franny:D plus, to the readers, sorry for the spelling or grammatical errors, I didn't check^^

I hope you guys enjoyed the update. What’s going to happen now that Mrs Choi is back? Nothing? Something good? Or… something bad?

Stay with us to find outJ

The usual, C.U.B.S- Comment, Upvote, Bookmark and Subscribe:]

Thanks for reading:)