The Agreement

My New Roommate!

You covered your face and turned around fast. "I-i'm sorry! I'm very sorry!"

The man was covering his body than he quickly went into his room to get dressed. He came back out in clothes. Clears his throat. "It's okay now. I have clothes on."

You slowly turned around. You then finally see the man's face.

"You?!" you both yelled.

"How did you get here?!" the man yelled.

"Why are you here?!" you yelled too.

"That's my question!" He takes a breath to calm down. "How did you get here?" he said.

"Well, I applied to the Roommate Application." you said quietly.

"Wait, you said that you applied for the Roommate Application here?" he asked you.

"Well, yes. That's why I got the key to this apartment."

"Aren't you supposed to be a man then?" he said.

"A-a man?!" you said.

"Of course a man. If you applied for it, then why does it say male on the gender part." he says.

"Male? When did I put male? I remember putting female." you told him.

"You wanna see?" He goes into his room and goes bring his laptop. "Look at this."

You look at the laptop screen. You saw the word "male" and some deleted words. How did he even read this when have some deleted words? But, WON HONG! You will pay for this!

"So what will you do?" he asked coldly.

You look up. "Uhm, can you-" you were cutted off by him.

"Well, whatever you say will just be gibberish to me." he said while walking away.

"H-hold up!" You ran to him and grabbed his sleeve. "Please let me explain. Please." You give him a whining face.

He stares at you for a while. "Let go." he takes your hand off of him.

"Please! Please! I can't go back! I have to stay here!" you said in which it made him turn back and come back to you. Which you weren't expecting him to turn back.

"Why? Why do you have to stay here? What do you have thatis here that you need to stay here? You're from the States! There's nothing for you here." the man said coldly.

"There's nothing here for me that I need in order to stay here. But, I do have one thing." you said.

"What is that?" said the man.

"To prove my parents wrong." you said. This better work!

"Your parents?" he said.

"Yes. My parents didn't want me to come here all by myself. But I told them that if I can survive out here, I can prove them wrong that I don't need them to survive. That I can do it. I can survive in this harsh world that my parents don't even want me to go into at all. So please let me stay." you said with a final breath waiting for his answer although this isn't a lie.

The man just stands there thinking for a while. "I will let you stay." You started smiling. "Under one condition. You have to find a new apartment and move out. Until then, I'll let you stay." he said.

You stopped smiling. "What does that mean?" you asked confusingly.

"It means that because you made a mistake on that application and you slapped me on the bus, you have to move out. I will let you stay until you find a new apartment." said the man.

"But how will I find a new apartment?" you said.

"That is your problem. Not mine." he said coldly as he walks away.

"B-but-" you were cutted off.

The man turns around. "Be happy that I'm lettling you stay here through the mistakes you made. Until you find a new apartment and move out. But wait, you slapped me when we were in the bus. Maybe I should-"

"I'm sorry! I'm very sorry about that. I didn't mean to slap you. It was just that I was getting irritated and you wouldn't wake up so I just slapped you..." you trailed off.

Clears his throat. "Because of that, you will have to do something for me."

"What is it?" you asked curiously.

"You have to act politely to me. You also cannot talk back to me and ignore me. Also, if you can cook, cook for me." said the man.

"I can do the cooking, but why does it have to be only you that I have to cook for?" you asked him.

"Because I'm the owner of this apartment and, you know how to cook?" he said.

"Mmm!" you nodded your head. "I got my cooking skills from my mom. So everyday's dish would be delicious."

He nodded his head. "So it's set then." He lifted up his pinky for a pinky promise. You guys locked up your pinky promise. "We haven't introduce ourselves to each other yet? So I'm Kim Ray." He took out his hand for a handshake.

"I'm Kang Em ji." you shooked hands with him.

"Let me show you where your temporary room is." He walks to the room across the restroom.

Temporary room? Hul~ You followed him.

"Here." He opens the door. "Sorry, I didn't know what to get so I just got a set of random bed stuffs and furniture."

"It's okay. It looks nice like this." You walk into the room.

"Well, for the time being. Make yourself feel at home." He closes the door and leaves.

You put your stuff down and went to lay down on the bed. You took a big sigh. Your phone started ringing. You checked to see who it was and it was your anxious mom. You stood up. You forgot to call your mom afer you reach the apartmen. But, because of all that was happening, you forgot to call her. You answere the phone and apologozed to her for no calling her or answering the phone when she was calling. But, you didn't tell her that you had to move out because of a certain person. After that, you guys talked for hours and then ended the conversation. You started to unpack your clothes and stuff. "Wait, why am I even unpacking? I'm not even staying here forever. Wait, monew, apartment, work and....." you trailed off. You started counting all the things you needed in order to move out. "That's gonna take a long time." You stood there for a while thinking. You came to a conclusion. "I'll just unpack everything and then when I move out I'll just pack up everything again." So you started to unpack everything. After unpacking, you went to sleep because you were tired from everything that happened today. You went to sleep late.

Next Day

You woke up and it's 11 a.m. You get your morning stuff and go to the bathroom. You opened the bathroom door and saw Ray doing his business. You quickly closed the door. "I-i'm sorry!" What the hell?!  Doesn't he know how to lock the door?!

Ray finishes doing his business and comes out of the bathroom. "Sorry, it's an old habit." scratching his head.

You just ignored him and quickly went into the bathroom. Ray just have a weird look on his face then he goes to his room.

"Aish! What type of habit is that?!" you started washing your face. You finish getting ready and got out of the bathroom. You bumped into Ray on the way.

"Oops! Sorry." said Ray. You just gave him a weird look and quickly walked to your room. But, Ray yanks you, "No ignoring me." shaking his index finger from left to right.

"Sorry." you said arrograntly.

"Politely." he demanded you.

"I'm sorry." you said politely.

He lets go of you and clears his throat. "Are you hungry?"

You turn around, "Kind of." you said.

"Then, how about brunch?" he said.

"Oh really! Okay I'll be right back!" You run into your room and grabbed your phone.

"She just jumped right into a conclusion." said Ray.

"Let's go." You guys get out of the apartment and walk in the streets of Seoul.

"What do you want to eat today?" said Ray.

"Today?...Hmm... Ah, I know! I want to eat black noodles." you said hungrily because you hardly ate anything yesterday.

"Black noodles? Okay, Call!" said Ray. "I know this place that makes really good black noodles. Come on." He puts his arm around you and takes you to this place called Delicious Noodles. You guys go in and take a seat.

A waitress comes, "What do you guys want to eat today?"

"2 bowls of Black noodles please." said Ray.

"Do you guys want any drinks?" the waitress asked.

"I want Crush." you said.

"Cola please." said Ray.

"Okay, please wait till we get your order." The waitress walks away.

You just stare out the window. Then you noticed that Ray was looking at you. "W-what are you looking at?"

"You-" he was cutted off by his phone. He picked up his phone. "Hello?" While he was listening to whoever called, your order came. The waitress placed the bill on the table and leaves. "What?! Where are you? Okay, I'm coming right away." He hangs up his phone. "I'll be right back." and he runs off.

"W-wait! Where are you going?!" you said.

At Ray

Ray runs to a river park. "Yu min-ah!" he calls her.

Yu min turns around and smiles.

"Are you okay?" Ray asked while panting.

"Mmm. I'm okay." she said.

"What? Then, was that a prank?" Ray still panting.

"Mmm," she laughs, "Yah, look at you! You ran all the way over here!" She gives Ray a bottle of water. Ray drinks half of the water in the bottle.

"If it was a prank then, why did you call me?" He drinks more water.

"I wanted to test you." she said. Ray just frowns. "I wanted to see what you will do if I was in pain or in danger."

"That's why you called me?" he asked.

Yu min comes and hugs Ray."Not just that. I wanted to hang out with you today. Also, didn't you say that you have a surprise for me?" she said.

"Oh, that. You made me run all the way over here. How am I supposed to give it to you when it's at my apartment." said Ray.

"Really?! I wanted to see what it was though." she said while pouting.

"Sorry Noona." said Ray in a apologizing voice.

"In order for me to forgive you is that you have to hang out with me today." said Yu min.

"Hang out with you?" he asked.

She gets off of Ray, "Mmm," she nodded, "I know this bowling place where we can go to have fun." She takes Ray's hand and goes.

Back At You

You were outside of Delicious Noodles. "And he said this is his treat. I lost 15 dollars. (in US money) He better be happy that I paid for his wasteful bowl of black noodles." you said angrily. You're mad because Ray just took off and leaving you to pay for the bill.

You looked around to see if Ray comes back because he said he would. You waited for around 2 hours. "Should I just go back to the apartment?" you looked at the time in you phone. It was1 p.m. "I should just go back to the apartment." You typed in the address to your apartment because you forgot the way back. "Okay." and you started your long way back to the apartment.

Back At Ray

"Woo!" Yu min yells happily. Yu min goes to Ray. "Am I good?"

Ray nods.

"Why are you like this?" Yu min asked.

"Oh, it's nothing." he says.

"Here," she grabs a bowling ball and gives it to Ray. "Throw the ball."

"Throw a ball? Why?" Ray asked.

"Yah, you're supposed to have fun when you're with me." she said.

"Okay." Ray stands up and goes to the bowling rows. He positions himself and then he throws the ball and he makes it in.

"Woo! Yeah! Ray is the best!" Yu min yelled.

Ray turns around and smiles. Yu min gives Ray a high five. They go sit down at the food court.

"2 Cola here!" said Ray. They give Ray them their drinks.

"You got better over these years." said Yu min praising Ray. She drinks her cola.

"Of cours, because Noona teaches me how to play really well." said Ray. They both just laugh.

"Ah, I learned anew recipe!" said Yu min.

"A new recipe?" said Ray.

"Mmm. It's called Alfredo Pasta. It's a French recipe. Want me to cook it for you today?" said Yu min.

"Sure, I bet it will be good." said Ray.

"Of course it will be delicious. I got my cooking skills from my mom." said Yu min.

Then Ray has a flashback of you. "I got my cooking skills from my mom." is what Ray had a flashback of you.Then he remembers that he left you in Delicious Noodles. "Ah, Noona, I remember that I had to do something important. I gotta go." Ray runs off.

"W-wait!" Yu min yelled and then frowned.

Ray was running and calling you phone. "Aish, why isn't she picking up?! Or, she better not be waiting there."

Back At You

You reached your apartment. "Should I make dinner? Nahh. That punk ditched me and made me pay for his food." You went to take a shower. While you were taking a shower, your phone was ringing like crazy.

Back At Ray

Ray runs to Delicious Noodles. He searches around the inside and outside of the restauraunt. "Aish, she's not here." He looks around. "The apartment." He runs off to the apartment.

At the Apartment

Ray comes in and you come out of your room.

"Oh? You're home." you said while drying your hair with a towel.

"Where were you?!" he asked you while panting.

"Home, why?" you said.

"I called you so many times! How come you didn't pick up?!" he said ragingly.

You looked at your phone. You gasped. "I'm sorry, I was taking a shower."

"Aish, why am I running so much today?" he said.

"You came running all the way over here? Were you worried about me?" you asked him.

"Aish, forget it." he walks to his room and then he takes a shower.

"Was he worried about me?" you asked yourself. You just went to sleep after a long day.

Next Day

You wake up and got ready. You walk out of the bathroom and just stood there looking at Ray's door. You felted kind of bad for him since he ran to you. "Should I do something for him since he came running all the way here for me? I should." You went to the kitchen and got some bananas, strawberries, and a blender. You mixed them up. After mixing them, you poured the banana fruitshake into a tall glass cup and went to Ray's door.

You knocked on the door. "Uhm, Ray-ssi. I made you a strawberry banana fruitshake. I'm sorry for making you worried about me. I know I should've called but, you looked so worry when you ran off. So I didn't want to bother you. If you don't want me to come in, I'll just leave this by your door."

Ray was just listening to you from his room.

You crouched down to put the tray down, but then the door opened and Ray was standing infront of you. You looked up and then stand up. "Ray-ssi."