That Feeling

My New Roommate!

"I feel like I've been a bother to you ever since I came." she continued. Her face turns gloomy. "I'm going to start to work at a part time job, and then I'll find my own apartment and move there as soon as I get enough money."

I didn't reply back. I feel like as if she just read my mind. It was a good thing she decided to move on her own, but I somehow feel upset. This wasn't what I expected.

"Is...something wrong?" she asks.

"What?" I said cluelessly.

"You've been silent during this whole time."

"Oh..." I trailed off.

"Well, sleep well. I'm off to bed." she said as she walks towards her door.

I watched her as she walks towards her room. I feel bad. Wait, why do I feel bad? I should feel happy that she decided to leave on her own instead of me forcing her to leave.

 

Em ji's P.O.V. The Next Day

I wake up and used the bathroom. After that I changed into casual clothes, a striped long sleeve that went to my elbows and navy blue skinny jeans. Then I put on my sneakers and grab my backpack. As I open the door, Siwan appears in front of me. "O-oppa?" I said surprised.

He waves to me "Good morning."

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"Here to pick you up." he said brightly.

Ray walks into the kitchen and I took a quick glance at him, "Sure, why not." I said. We went out of the apartment into Siwan's car. I keep replaying the thought of seeing Ray yesterday. All of a sudden, Siwan comes over me and grabs the seatbelt and belts me. "O-oh, thanks." I said snapping back into reality. He smiles and starts the engine then we take off. After we reach there, I got off and waved 'bye' to Siwan and went straight into class. The minute I sat down, Ray comes through the class door. Damn it! I forgot that I have this class with Ray. Ray didn't sit next to me though. He sat three seats diagonal to the right of me.

The teacher comes in and everyone quiets down. While the teacher was teaching, I keep making quick glances at him. I don't know why I kept doing that though, that's what frustrates me. Then Ray turns his head towards my way which my eyes widen. Ray points to the teacher's direction.

"Em ji!!" the guy teacher yells.

I snap back into reality and quickly stand up, "Y-yes!" I stuttered.

"Aish, who was the third emperor of the Joseon time?" the teacher asks me.

"U-uhh....King Taejo?" I said.

"It's King Taejong. Read 30 pages tonight and take notes too." he ordered.

"Yes." I said lowly.

"Also, stop staring at your crush and pay more attention." he said.

"A-ah...aish.." I mumbled to myself as I sit back down.

Class ends and I walk out with regrets. Now Ray probably thinks I like him or something since I was looking at him. "Aish! Idiot! Idiot!" I said in a low tone as I hit my temples with my fists. I give out a heavy sigh as I sit down on one of the benches. I check the time and it was 10 am. There wasn't until another 10 minutes until my next class starts. I bury my face in my palms.

"Are you really that dumb?" said a very familiar voice.

I quickly lift my head up and looked at who it was. Ray was sitting next to me on my right with a smirkish smile. "Dumb?"

"Yeah, King Taejo? I even taught you that the third king of Joseon was King Taejong." he said.

"You did?" I said confused of not remembering anything.

"Of course I did, but you fell asleep on my shoulder."

"I-I did?!" I gasp. I bite my bottom lip, "Sorry 'bout that. I tend to fall asleep whenever I'm studying." I pouted.

Ray chuckles, "You need to stop looking at me when we're in class too." he said. I frown at him. He leans closer to me, "Do you like me?"

We were staring into each other's pupil. I bring myself back into life, "Of course not!" I push him away from me and stands up. "Y-you must be crazy to think like that!" I stuttered. Without hearing what he was going to say, I turn around and walked away. My heart is racing like crazy and I was burning up. I don't know why I'm reacting like this. I touch the side of my cheeks. Without knowing, I bumped into someone in which I fell like an idiot. "Ah!" I fell hard on my bottom. I look up and it was Yu min giving me a arrogant look with coffee spilled all over her dress. I quickly stand up, "I'm sorry!" I apologized as I did a full 90 degrees bow.

"Aish! Look where you're going!" she yells annoyed as she wipes it off with the small napkin she was holding.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." I said. She beams into my eyes with angriness.

"Do you think an apology will clean this?!" she said.

"Noona, it wasn't her fault." said Ray behind me.

"What? Not her fault? She was the one who wasn't paying attention and came and bumped into me!" she protested. "Now, what will you do about my dress, huh?!"

"I-I.." I didn't know what to do except apologize. "If there's anything I could do for you, I'll do it." I said.

"Whatever! Aish." and she walks away.

"Noona!" Ray runs after her.

I watch as Ray's figure disappears with Yu min's. That feeling came back to me again. That heavy sinking feeling.

 

 

Hello! Like I promised, I'm updating another chapter! Hope you guys liked it so yeahh. Anyways, Like, Comment, and Subscribe! And if you like to upvote this story, feel free to do so! :D