8

The Pack: Delta in the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“How you feeling?” Leah asked. “Better” Ryena mumbled and sat on the stool by the counter where the girls were currently cooking. “That’s good, that bruise looked awfully bad.” Elle voiced as she continued to chop carrots. “mmm” Ryena hummed and picked at the bowl of fruit Leah placed in front of her. “Where’s everyone else?” She asked as she noticed how quiet the place was. “hmm” Leah hummed as she thought. “Suho, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Chen and Xiumen are still out running their normal routes. I believe Sehun is in his room. Luhan just went to his and I’m not sure about the others.”

“I’m here!” Chaerin shouted and walked towards the girls. “How’d the meeting go?” Leah asked. Chaerin rolled her eyes and slouched on her seat next to Ryena. “Same old, same old.” Chae mumbled. “Are they fighting again?” Elle asked. “Of course, when don’t they.” Chaerin rolled her eyes. Ryena raised her brow and asked who ‘they were’. “Kris and Kai.” Semmi answered as she brought a glass of water for the two girls. “Thank you” Ryena mumbled. “Thanks Semmi” Chaerin beamed. Semmi blushed and nodded as she went back to cooking.

“Why are they always fighting?” Ryena asked. Chaerin shrugged and looked up at Leah quickly sharing a look with her before placing her water back down.  “It’s complicated.” Ryena rolled her eyes. “If you haven’t realized it yet we transform into wolves. Our lives are as complicated as it gets.” Chaerin smirked before stuffing a strawberry in . “They always have these little dominance fits.” Chaerin mumbled. “Why?” Ryena questioned.

“Because Kai can’t accept the fact that Kris is Alpha and he isn’t.” Elle answered. “You know that’s not true.” Leah scolded. “Oh, please Kai hardly ever agrees with Kris and he’s always going off and doing his own things.” Elle rolled her eyes. “I’m guessing you guys don’t like Kai?” Ryena asked. “It’s not like that” Leah sighed. “Kai’s just a little difficult to get along with.” Semmi said sweetly. “He’s a total douche bag” Elle butted in as she continued to chop vegetables. “ELLE!” both Semmi and Leah shouted. “Anyway!” Chaerin shouted before she continued. “They always get into arguments about things and weirdly they are the closest to each other than to anyone else.” Leah nodded in agreement. “The only other one close to them is Luhan. He knows more about them than any of us do.” Semmi nodded. “That’s because they were the first three to meet.”

“Yeah, I’ve been meaning to ask. How did you all meet?” Ryena inquired. “Well apparently Kris and Kai knew each other since young. For some reason unknown to us they left their old pack. Kris saved Luhan who was near death when he found him.” Ryena raised her brow. “What the hell happened to him?” Chaerin smirked. “You weren’t the only one that got teased.” Leah hummed. “Yeah his former pack used to pick on him and . I heard that when he tried to leave they beat him near death and that’s when Kris found him.” Chaerin nodded. “Yep, the three of them stayed together and built this place.” Chaerin smirked. “Then a few years later Suho and Leah ran into them. They had run away from their former packs so they could be together.” Leah blushed as Chae . “Why?” Ryena asked. “Even though we imprinted our packs wouldn’t allow us to be together because we were rivals.” Leah explained. “So you ran away together.” Ryena finished. “Yeah, and then about a year after we joined the others we met Chaerin over here.”

Chaerin nodded. “I wasn’t a part of a pack before. My parents were lone wolfs that had a fling. My mom took care of me till she died from an illness. I began to wander after her death and that’s when I met Kris. He offered me a place with them and I accepted.” Chaerin smiled at the fond memory. “Yeah than she met Chanyeol.” Elle giggled. “Ugh” Chaerin groaned and Leah laughed. “I still remember the day Kris and Suho brought him back to the compound. The moment he laid eyes on Chaerin he ran towards her and hugged her shouting out that he’d finally found her.” Leah continued to laugh. “Yeah that big idiot said he’d been searching for his mate for a few years and said I was it.” Chaerin scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Yep, turns out she was.” Elle giggled. “Yeah and she could have killed them both with her stubbornness.” Leah scolded. “How?” Ryena questioned. “When you meet your mate and your imprint bond gets created you only have so much time to accept it.” Ryena nodded. “What happens if you don’t?” Chaerin frowned. “If you don’t accept it, it’ll kill you both.” Ryena’s eyes widened. “What?”

“Yup, once the imprint is created both need to accept it. When the imprint is accepted a ps

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter