14

The Pack: Delta in the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” Ryena shouted as Kai lifted her into his arms. The moment Luhan and her fell to the ground in pain he had appeared before them. She was never so grateful to see anyone in her life. The others had come over after Kai’s call and Kris had picked up the unconscious Luhan while Kai carried her.

“What’s wrong with them?” Leah panicked. She and the other girls stood on the sidelines with worried faces. “It’s the rejection.” Chae mumbled with a grim face. She knew just how painful the rejection of a mating bond could be and she couldn’t help but to pity the two.

“Rejection?” Kyungsoo asked. Chae nodded and followed the other Beta as he carried Ryena inside. “Yes, turns out Luhan and Ryena here are mates.” Gasps were heard as they entered the living area.

“Where should we lay them?” Kai asked. “Bring them to Luhan’s room.” Chae answered. Kris nodded and looked at the others. “Why don’t you all call it a night, try to get some sleep-“Kris was interrupted by a painful shout from Ryena. “Like I said try to get some sleep, we’ll talk more in the morning.” He sighed then looked over to Lay, Chae, and Chanyeol. “You three come with us.” The pack all agreed and one by one made their way to their respective rooms.

“Let’s go semi.” Kyungsoo whispered. Semi starred at the fleeting figures of the others and nibbled on her lower lip. “Will they be okay?” She whispered to Kyungsoo. His eyes softened at his kind hearted mate. “I’m sure they’ll be fine. Chaerin and Chanyeol went through the same thing and their fine.” Semi nodded and wrapped her arms around her mate. “I hope so.” She mumbled as they left.

 

“uggh” Ryena groaned as Kai laid her down. She felt the space next to her deep down as Kris placed Luhan next to her. At the closeness of the male her skin began to tingle with an uncomfortable sensation. “ughhh” She groaned and began to toss side to side.

“Reyna, listen to me.” Chae called to her. “Don’t fight it, just accept it, trust me it hurts like hell the more you fight it.” Ryena bit her lip and shook her head. Her fist rolled up by her sides. She would never accept it, she would never accept him. As she thought that a pulse of pain radiated through her body and a blood curdling scream was ripped out of her.

“What the hell?” Chanyeol cursed. “The rejection is happening faster than it did with us.” Chaerin nodded and bit her lip. She was beginning to worry, when she had rejected their mating bond they went a week without feeling the rejection.

“I believe it has something to do with Ryena’s genetics.” Lay answered. “What do you mean?” Chanyeol asked. Lay sighed and furrowed his eyebrows. “Well when I was healing her I took a look into her genetics. I explained to her that depending on a person’s genetics we are given certain gifts or traits.”

“Her genetic build up was different than most others. She has a few defects in her genetics which is one of the reasons why she has yellow eyes.” Lay explained. “So your saying because she has a few defects in her genetics’ her mating bond is defective to?” Chanyeol questioned. He and the others were clearly confused. Lay shook his head. “What I’m saying is that her mating gene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter