13

The Pack: Delta in the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Today was fun!” Elle squealed in excitement. They had spent the whole day swimming in the lake and lounging about. “I agree” Kyungsoo said and snuggled his nose into Semmi’s neck. Everyone now sat around the large fire pit enjoying the evening. Even Kai was out with them, though he was by himself by the gate.

“Yes it was and that was some good barbeque Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol said happily and patted his satisfied stomach. Kyungsoo nodded his head and smiled as Semmi petted his hair.

Watching the couple Luhan couldn’t help but to feel a bit of jealousy. Here he was with his mate right in front of him yet he was so far away from her. He looked across the fire to where Ryena sat. She was sitting on the same log as Lay but was mostly by herself.

It’s now or never.

Luhan took a deep breath and walked over to Ryena, his chest tight and his breathing heavy. The light of the fire framed her features beautifully and made her hair look like melted chocolate.

“Can I talk to you in private?” He whispered close to her ear. Ryena jumped at the unexpected question. She had felt his presence and knew he was close but not that close.

Stiffly she turned around ready to say no, but the words seemed to be caught in . If heaven was real and angles existed then this man in front of her was the angle of all angles. The light of the fire had enhanced his looks and Ryena could faintly see the slight shadow his lashes casted over his smooth cheeks. Something deep down in her stirred and without even knowing it she nodded her head.

Kai nodded his head to them as they walked past him and out of the compound. A knowing look shined in his eyes for a moment before it dimmed down to his cold eyes.

The night air was chilly as summer had turned into fall and soon winter would be here. Though it was cold they were not affected. The body warmth of a human was nothing compared to that of a wolf whose body produced warmth like a heater.

Ryena let out a small sigh as the breeze tingled her warm skin making her senses heightened. As they reached the hill that led to the woods Luhan sat down facing the compound, the fire a small light in the dim of night.

“You wanted to talk?” Ryena finally asked as she sat down next to him a slight gap keeping the two apart. “Yes” Luhan nodded slowly. “Well?” With a deep breath Luhan leaned back onto his eyebrows and stared up into the sky. The twinkle of the stars seemed to sooth him and he found courage in himself.

“What would you do if you found your mate?” The question was so unexpected Ryena choked. Never had she ever thought of meeting people who would accept her. Now a mate, the thought was so foreign to her. “Never thought about it?” She replied honestly. “Why?”

With a glimpse at Luhan she quickly shrugged. “Why would I? I mean I had never been accepted anywhere before. No one had accepted me so why would a mate?” She finished looking down sadly. If her own family didn’t want her why would a mate?

“You know your beautiful right?” Luhan suddenly said as he gazed at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter