17

The Pack: Delta in the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“…yena…”

“Ryena…”

A voice kept calling out, the said girl slowly began to open her eyes, she took in her surroundings. Instead of waking up in the bed she had slept in, she was in the forest, on the warm grass. She turned over expecting to see Luhan there, but instead she met eyes with a strange wolf. The wolf had yellow eyes just as she did.

The wolf Ryena’s check and snuggled its nose into the crook of her neck.  A soft smile pulled at Ryena’s lips at the sudden contact. She had no idea who the wolf next to her was, but she felt comfortable and protected.

“Ryena” The wolf suddenly spoke. Ryena’s eyes widened a bit at the familiarity of the voice, she could have sworn she had heard it before.

“Yes, that’s because I have tried to contact you many times.” The wolf spoke and Ryena’s eyes widened. How did the wolf know what she thought?

“That’s because I am you silly.” The wolf said, with such tenderness in its voice that Ryena instantly knew she was right. “So you’re the voice I keep hearing?” Ryena questioned as she began to slowly pet the wolf’s coat.

“mmm, Yes” The wolf hummed. “I have been trying to speak to you for many years now.” The wolf said. “Why can I only hear you know?” Ryena asked. “That is because you have finally accepted me.” Ryena frowned. “What do you mean?”  The wolf sighed. “Ryena, the moment you accepted Luhan as your mate, was the moment you opened up the part of you that you had hidden away long, long ago. It was the moment you finally accepted to love and be loved.”

Ryena frowned and her wolf’s face. “I’m sorry, I never meant to abandon you like that, but I don’t understand why that means I can hear you?” The wolf sighed and slowly sat up.  Ryena slowly followed her and noticed that she had no clothes on. “Every one of our kind has a wolf spirit of their own. I am yours, my name is Anasia.” The wolf said and bowed her head.

“Nice to meet you Anasia, I guess you already know that I’m Ryena.” Ryena said with a smile. “Why have I never heard of you before? Of the wolf spirit’s that is?” Ryena asked. “Well my child, that is because the new kin choose not to listen to us. They have not found it within themselves to find us and hear us. It is very rare that a wolf can find their wolf spirit.” Ryena slowly nodded her head in understanding.

“So, I was only able to hear you because of Luhan?” Ryena asked. “In a way, yes, like I said not every one of our kind can hear us. Usually those who have a gift will be able to hear us, because they are more in touch with nature and the spirit world.”

“Wait, so does that mean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter