1

The Pack: Delta in the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘Leave us now!’

‘Yeah nobody wants a cursed wolf like you around!’

‘You’re a monster!’

‘No wonder your mother died giving birth to you, you killed her because you’re cursed’

‘Cursed, monster, killer’

“NOOOO!” Ryena shouted out through the darkness as she jolted up awake. A thin layer of sweat coated her hair and face. The breeze of the night air tickled against her moist skin making her shiver. It’s not like she was cold though. No heaven forbid, it was very rare that a wolf ever got cold. Wolves radiated heat, their skin was made for it. It protected them through brutal winters and frozen nights and kept them cool on heated days. But none the less Ryena shivered. She shivered at the remembrance of the cold and hateful words the people she once called family said to her.

“No such thing.” She whispered softly into the cool summer night and leaned her head back onto the tree sat under. She sighed softly and looked back up to the sky. According to the star’s dawn would break in an hour or so. Feeling as though she wouldn’t gain anymore sleep Ryena stood up and packed her blanket back into her bag. She tied up her long brown hair into a pony tail before making her way over to the nearby river. She took a sip of water and washed down her face before stripping herself of her clothes. She placed them neatly in her bag and settled it down on the ground before splashing herself with water.

After a quick rinse down she shook herself off and let down her hair. Dawn was about to break soon being the perfect time to hunt. Grabbing her bag she placed the two security straps around her right thigh. She looked up to the sky once more enjoying the pretty colors that began to paint itself upon the once dark night. She then looked forward and hunched down on all fours.

Soon what was once beautiful flawless skin began to shift. Bones cracked and grew as her form started to shift. A soft whimper came out as her organs and bones rearranged themselves to fit her new form. Her once delicate hands protruded out and grew bigger. With one last painful whimper as her last rib snapped into place Ryena’s transformation was co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter