2

The Pack: Delta in the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan woke up from his sleep drenched in sweat. The same dream kept haunting him every night for the past two weeks. He would be running in the forest searching for something or someone. Than once he reached the clearing by the river bed he would change back into his human form. He would walk along the side of the river bed until she came into view. A beautiful girl lay under a tree on the opposite side near the river bed. She was wearing a white dress, her dark brown hair cascading all around her. Luhan would stare at her for what felt like hours just watching her. Her chest would rise and fall rhythmically as she breathes. Then it would happen; every time he moved to step closer to her, her breathing would stop and her head would turn slowly until she faced him. Her beautiful milky skin would glisten under the small sun rays shinning down. Then her eyelids would slowly raise open and a pair of yellow eyes would stare back at him and then he would wake up.

“Ugh” Luhan groaned as he wiped the sleep from his face.  The lack of sleep was catching up to him and light dark circles could be seen on his face.  He then got out of bed and walked to the rest room to clean up. By the amount of light coming through he guessed the time to be around four in the morning. The rest of the pack would wake up soon to begin their day as well. Luhan figured he’d get some morning exercise and take a run through the forest when the sight of the Beta and Alpha stopped him.

“You’re up early.” Luhan spoke softly as the two stared at him. “I could tell you the same.” Came the husky reply of the Alpha. Luhan looked away nervously as the Alpha eyed him.

Kris. That was the name of his Alpha. He was a tall good looking man that radiated power and authority and that was when he was in human form. In his wolf state Kris was even stronger his mere presence screamed “Don’t with me or my pack”. Yet he was one of the nicest people Luhan had ever met. Kris was a great Alpha he treated his pack well and was always fair. No one was ever left out or pushed aside like they would be in other packs. He would never turn down a stray wolf unless they would bring the pack harm. In fact that was how most of his pack was formed. Most of them had terrible back stories just like Luhan.

Luhan still remembers the day he met Kris as if it was yesterday.

‘A wounded and dying Luhan was limping in the forest. Being an outcast was always hard for wolves especially Luhan. His pack was filled with ignorant mutts including the Alpha. In fact he was the worst; he would always start the teasing and taunting. Then all the others would join in and gang up on him. Today was different though because today Luhan had decided to leave his pack. He thought that maybe he could sneak away undiscovered but he didn’t. He should have known that the pack would sense it. A wolf bond was something you never mess with.

“And where do you think your going?” The Alpha growled as he appeared in front of Luhan. The rest of the pack then appeared around him till he was completely circled.

“This Mutt is trying to leave the pack.” Growled another wolf. “Like he would ever survive this world without a pack.” Spat another one. ”ENOUGH!” the Alpha hissed. “If he wants to leave the pack will let him leave.” L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter