3

The Pack: Delta in the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ryena’s whole body shook with tension as she stared at the man standing in front of her. He was short, around her height with brown hair.  “I’m not going to harm you.” The man said. Ryena growled at the man before walking behind a tree and transforming into her human form. She quickly slipped on a pair of shorts and a plain white tee before facing the man. “Who are you?” She asked. The man smiled a breath taking smile that even had Ryena staring in awe. “My name is Suho, and yours?” Ryena blinked her eyes a few times before answering. “Ryena.”

Suho’s smile grew wider. “That’s a lovely name.” A strange feeling rushed through Ryena. A feeling she never felt before. No one had ever said she had a pretty name before. Back in her old pack before she went through the Change she was always teased about her name. She still remembered how the other kids called her rain-on.

“Thank you.” Suho’s smile softened as he read the look on Ryena’s face. “So if I may ask what are you doing here?” At the sudden question Ryena shook out of her memories. “Just passing through.” Suho nodded. “Pack?” Suho questioned and the look in Ryena’s eyes grew hard as she shook her head. “I see.” He said nodding.

“Well the land around here belongs to my pack. Our Beta sensed you and seeing that you are of no harm they sent me out here to greet you.” Suho said sincerely. “That explains why the scent of the land changed as I reached here.” Ryena said in a monotone voice. “Yes. I hope you don’t mind but we’d like it if you’d come and meet the pack.” Ryena raised her brow. “Aren’t you afraid of me?” Suho cocked his head to the side. “Why would I be?”

Ryena furrowed her eyebrows at the odd remark. “Because of my eyes?” The sudden sound of musical laughter filled the air. “If you’re talking about them being yellow, don’t worry. I do not believe in that nonsense.” That strange filling ran through Ryena’s body again. “Come on the compound is not that far from here.” Suho smiled and waved Ryena over into his direction. Hesitantly Ryena followed him. They walked for a few more miles before they reached the end of the woods.

Where the woods ended a grassy area began. Ryena and Suho stood on top of a grassy hill that led down to a flat land area. To the right lay a huge lake where the mountain and river beds led to and on the left the wood’s continued. In front of them stood the ‘compound’ which was basically squared U shaped building surrounded by huge walls on each side except for the front wall. The front wall was short enough to allow a person to look in and out. There was an opening which led into the compound as well.

“Home sweet home” Suho sang. Ryena stared in awe at the incredible building. Never had she ever seen a wolf den like this one. “Suho” A deep voice interrupted Ryena’s thoughts. As she turned to look at the owner of the voice a shudder ran down her spine.

‘Alpha’

This man was most certainly the Alpha of this pack. Dominance screamed out of his pores and Ryena had to admit that she was a little afraid. “Kris” Suho smiled and bowed his head. “This is Ryena” At the mention of her name Ryena immediately straightened. She lifted her head up allowing herself to look Kris in the eyes. It took every ounce of effort in her body to prevent herself from looking away in fear.

Kris could feel t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter