6

The Pack: Delta in the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan watched carefully as he emerged from the woods. He was a fairly large wolf, larger than Chaerin but smaller than Chanyeol. His two toned fur shimmered under the sun, accentuating the greyish brown color. As Luhan reached the center of the field his head snapped to the woods as he heard faint footsteps. There standing at the edge of the woods stood a dark brown wolf. She was a smaller wolf but much larger than an average wolf you’d see. Her bright yellow eyes stood out in contrast to her brown fur.

As Ryena reached Luhan she nodded her head at him in acknowledgement. Since Ryena was not in their pack she could not communicate with Luhan telepathically and ended up speaking threw howls. “Ready when you are.” She howled. Luhan smirked and lay low to the ground. “Come at me” and she did.

Ryena ran straight forward attacking Luhan head first. Luhan clawed the dirt under his paws and headed for Ryena. He weaved to the left as she came towards him and clawed at her hind leg. Ryena swiftly slide her bottom half away from Luhan and pounced on top of him clawing at his shoulder blades.  Luhan smirked impressed at her graceful movements. He quickly turned his head to bit at her and throw her off but was caught off guard when a paw hit him smack in the muzzle. Luhan hissed and shook his head. Ryena smirked and jumped off of him, she slid her head under his back legs making him fall. “Come on I thought you were a Delta.” Ryena smugly howled at Luhan.

Luhan growled at the insult. He was not going to take the disrespect. Luhan attacked Ryena so fast that she never saw the hit coming. Luhan had smacked his paw into her head causing her vision to blur. He then hit her with his body in her ribs with such an impact she flew to the ground. As Ryena was about to stand up Luhan had pinned her under him. One paw pushed down on bruised ribs while the other lay on her face right below her eye. “You should learn to respect those higher than you.” Luhan whispered into her ear. Ryena’s blood boiled she was not going to give up without a fight but before she could do anything a voice stopped her.

“Enough” Kai’s voice rang out surprising everyone. Kris raised his eyebrow as his Beta and Lead hunter came towards them. They exchanged a few hushed words before Kris nodded and turned his head towards the two wolves. “That’s enough for today, it’s getting late.” He then turned his head to Leah. “Why don’t you and the girls take Ryena to get cleaned up?” Leah smiled and nodded her head. “Chae, Chanyeol come with us.” The couple shared a look before nodding at the Alpha. “Luhan meet us at the Lake.” Luhan nodded as the group left. He looked down to see a pissed off wolf staring at him. Ryena kicked her hind legs into Luhan pushing him off her. Her yellow eyes glowed as she stared him down before walking into the woods to get changed. Luhan shook his head before walking back to clothes.

Ryena hissed as her bruised bones cracked back into place. It was always a painful thing to change from wolf to human and human to wolf but with time it became less and less noticeable. Although big injuries or wounds always made the pain hurt more. Ryena sighed as she slipped her shirt back on and walked out towards the others. She noticed that most of them had left except for the girls, Lay and Suho.

“You okay?” Elle asked sweetly. Ryena slightly smiled at the concern in her voice. Not once has anyone ever been concerned about her and she must admit it felt nice. “Yeah I’m fine.” Ryena noticed Lay’s frown at her words but didn’t comment on it. “Where’d the others go?” She asked. “The boy’s left to finish their duties.” Suho answered Ryena but his eyes were placed on the male walking towards them. “You good?” Suho asked Luhan as he approached them. Ryena tensed in anger as she felt his presence. The male sighed and nodded his head before walking past him towards the Lake. Suho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter