Surprise, Surprise (O/C POV)

A Homecoming to Remember

"This is cute" I said to Erika as I showed her a floral print top. She ignored me. "Ahem!" I cleared my throat. "Huh?" Erika said as she turned around to face me. I rolled my eyes " I said this is cute" I repeated. "Oh. Y-yeah its cute" Erika said and she quickly walked away. I stood there in confusion. 

why is she acting like this?

I walked around the store a bit more before making my way over to the dressing rooms, which is where Erika and Irene were. I walked over to the dressing rooms to find Erika and Irene whispering like they were before. I cleared my throat loudly. They both jumped. "h-hey Misha!" Irene said as she walked toward me. "don't hey Misha me." I said as I crossed my arms, "what the hell is going on with you two?" I asked them. They both looked me, then Erika smiled "what are you talking about? We're acting completely normal." she said. I rolled my eyes. "what ever. Let's just go." I said as I walk towards the door of the store. Erika and Irene followed me. I walked out the store and down the street to the local coffee shop, Jupiter House. I go to open the door but Erika stops me.

"Camisha wait," she grabbed my arm.

"What?"

 "Are you mad?"

"No."

"Yes you are," Irene said  in a whiny voice. "No I'm not, Irene," I said with a smile "I know why you guys are acting weird." Irene and Erika looked at me in shock.

"y-you do?" Erika stuttered. "You guys are trying to plan a big surprise for my birthday." I said. Erika gave me a confused then Irene quickly spoke. "Haha! Yeah! You caught us! Darn!" Irene said. I laughed. "Don't worry guys, I'll act surprised" I said and then I made my best "shocked" face. Irene and Erika awkwardly laughed and then we entered the coffee shop. I walked in and saw Josh and Jacob sitting at the counter. I waved at them and they gave me weird looks. Jacob even spit out some coffee and cursed. I laughed at Jacob's reaction and then I turned around to see Audrey staring at me. "Hey Audrey!" I said as I waved at her. She just stares at me with wide eyes. Then she quickly glanced at the person sitting down at the table beside her. I looked at the person, and the person looked back at me.

My heart skipped a beat.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

Sitting at the table next to Audrey was my high school boyfriend,

Kevin.

"H-hey..." Kevin said as he walked toward me. I took a step back, not saying a word. "How have you been?" Kevin asked. I still did'nt answer. Erika nudged me. "I-I.." I stuttered. Kevin looked at me. "Do you want to sit down?" Kevin asked as he pointed to the table. I still didn't talk. Irene pushed me towards the table. I gave her a dirty look. She mouthed the word "go" and then looked at the table. I took a deep breath, and I walked toward the table. Kevin pulled out the chair for me to sit. I sat down and Kevin pushed my chair into table.

Such a gentlemen, just like old times.

Kevin sat down across from me and smiled. I tried my hardest to smile back, but it wasn't going to well. I was so in shock that I couldn't move my face. Kevin stopped smiling. "Are you okay?" Kevin asked, looking concerned. I still couldn't find words to respond. "Please talk to me." Kevin said and he tried to grab my hand. I pulled away. "I'm good." I answered, "How about you?" Kevin smiled. "I'm good." he answered. We sat there for a while in silence. Kevin stared at me and smiled. "what?" I said, "Is there something on my face?" Kevin laughed. "No." he said "I just cant believe its you." I smiled. "well believe it." I said. Kevin and I started talking and he told me all about his life in Korea. "You really like it there, don't you?" I asked. He nodded his head. "So enough about me, what have you been doing for the past five years, Mimi?" Kevin asked with a smile.I smiled back.

~Mimi was the nick name that Kevin called me back when we were dating.~

 "Well," I said. "I went to cosmetology school, and now I'm working at a salon." Kevin gave me a surprised look. "What?" I asked him. "Nothing." he answered, "it's just that back in high school, you didn't seem like the "hair stylist' type" he said. "Well alot has changed since high school, Kevin." I said to him. He smiled "like what?" Kris asked. I sighed, " alot..." I repeated. "can you give me some details?" he asked. I took a deep breath,

"Let's just say, I had to grow up. Fast."

 He gave me a confused look. "why?" he asked. I just about to answer him, when the door of the coffee shop opened. I saw my aunt and Micah walk in. Micah ran into the coffee shop and immediatley spotted me. "Momma!!" she screamed and she ran towards me. I quickly swooped my four year old daughter into my arms. "Well isnt this a nice surprise!" I said as I tickled her. She laughed and tried to free herself from my arms. "Momma stop!" she screamed " It tickles!!" I laughed at her comment. "what's the magic word?" I asked her. "Please!" she yelled out. "Okay, I'll stop" I said and then I stopped tickling her. She gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you mommy, I love you" she said. "Aww, I love you too baby!" I replied and I pressed my cheek against hers. She jumped off my lap and ran over to my aunt who was ordering coffee. "Nana! I want hot chocolate!" she screamed across the cafe. I laughed at her loudness. Then I  turned back to face the table. When I looked up, I saw Kevin staring at me with his mouth wide open.